Independence Day (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #36) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: July 18,2016
Purchase link: Filmarena
Prices: 899 CZK - 1898 CZK (Steelbook with Alien Attacker Ship)
Notes: Limited to 1001 copies
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc (CLOSED)

received_1357065380976679.jpeg ID4.jpg
film_22578_3.jpg

film_22578_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
so in effect fa is charging 200czk for fac on top of normal steel, have to be honest this is first steel i think where they have now decided to charge for fac on top not a good look of things to come. :dunno:
surprised no one else has noticed this EEK!
The only thing that "worries" me here is that the steel is actually way more expensive compared to other retailers. :cautious:
Apart from that, you can also read it the other way around: they're charging you less for the steel compared to the FAC with all the extra content. Nothing wrong with that imo. :thumbs:

just noticed of FA there is a listing for the bare bones steel at 699czk

http://www.filmarena-eng.com/blu-ra...mited-collectors-edition-gift-steelbooks-foil

so in effect fa is charging 200czk for fac on top of normal steel, have to be honest this is first steel i think where they have now decided to charge for fac on top not a good look of things to come. :dunno:

basil :thumbs:
200 czk is only £5.75
It's not a lot extra and to be honest I'm surprised the previous Film Arena Collection releases was not more expensive than the standard steelbook version
The extras you get with Film Arena collection releases do cost money to make
The releases are still good value for money compared to the Asia Full Slip/Lenti releases and you get more items with Film Arena

The steelbook on it's own is yes more expensive compared to other retailers in Europe
Zavvi is £15.99
France is €19.99 = £15.54

A price point of 599 Czk for the steelbook on its own would have been more better price range
You do though have to take into account the Vat rates in Europe been different and cost of living for that country been different with bigger population as in more customers purchasing from the likes of Amazon and Zavvi worldwide

Likes of Amazon and Zavvi would also have bigger file discount with film studio distributors to reduce the cost for a pre order

Last edited:
everyone here bickering about FA's price is bonkers. these FA releases are the best value in the entire steelbook market right now. No other retailer offers premuim steelbook packages for less.

I pay $60+ for Blufans and HDZeta.

The bickering from what I gather is how the prices have crept up from previous releases plus this is a 20 year old film and more expensive than say black mass and that was a brand new film

Also kimchi are a simular price to this one with shipping (£33) and usually WEA with the same amount of extras. So you pay a little extra for WEA and gloss

I've only seen a couple of FAs with WEA, most are WWA and mostly matte

hi guys...I haven't really seen a complete answer on if we can request a cancel on the GB. I don't think this truly awful or anything, but I think I'd like to spend less and just get the steelbook from FA. I'm not going to go crazy if it's too late or anything. It's still an FAC and all. But, I have only seen one person on the GB page cancel, and it seems like quite a few people wanted to. So, if anyone knows...I'd appreciate it!

The bickering from what I gather is how the prices have crept up from previous releases plus this is a 20 year old film and more expensive than say black mass and that was a brand new film

Also kimchi are a simular price to this one with shipping (£33) and usually WEA with the same amount of extras. So you pay a little extra for WEA and gloss

I've only seen a couple of FAs with WEA, most are WWA and mostly matte

It's easy to forget about Kimchi and how they charge £33. But it's true. They offer a much more premium release and WEA most of the time.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
hi guys...I haven't really seen a complete answer on if we can request a cancel on the GB. I don't think this truly awful or anything, but I think I'd like to spend less and just get the steelbook from FA. I'm not going to go crazy if it's too late or anything. It's still an FAC and all. But, I have only seen one person on the GB page cancel, and it seems like quite a few people wanted to. So, if anyone knows...I'd appreciate it!
Until yesterday, 17 people (to my account) cancelled as it was allowed this time if you didn't like the BS. However, you should do so soon as I don't know how long @Collector03601 was planning on leaving this possibility open. Most should have made up their mind by now, so I'd say, it won't stay open for too long now. :thumbs:

But @Collector03601 or @carllenc will know more. :)

everyone here bickering about FA's price is bonkers. these FA releases are the best value in the entire steelbook market right now. No other retailer offers premuim steelbook packages for less.

I pay $60+ for Blufans and HDZeta.
It depends on the release but Kimchi have had quite a few at $35 and also Novamedia charge around $40 which is basically the same price as Filmarena editions.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
It depends on the release but Kimchi have had quite a few at $35 and also Novamedia charge around $40 which is basically the same price as Filmarena editions.

I buy from Kimchi and NM all the time. I cannot get them to my door for same price as FA through Karel's GB. Once shipping is considered, FA is the best value for USA collectors.

Reactions: paulboland
I buy from Kimchi and NM all the time. I cannot get them to my door for same price as FA through Karel's GB. Once shipping is considered, FA is the best value for USA collectors.
Some of the newer and 3D releases are more expensive at Nova and Kimchi so they would work out more. I would have thought the cheaper ones would be around the same price as these FA though it will obviously depend on your location.

just noticed of FA there is a listing for the bare bones steel at 699czk

http://www.filmarena-eng.com/blu-ra...mited-collectors-edition-gift-steelbooks-foil

basil :thumbs:

Why does it say
Limited Collector's Edition + Gift Steelbook's™ foil

that doesn't sound like just the steelbook o_O

Why does it say
Limited Collector's Edition + Gift Steelbook's™ foil

that doesn't sound like just the steelbook o_O
Film Arena have that with all their standalone steelbooks listings it's just their way how they list them
Look at the website listing for all steelbooks it has Limited Collector's Edition + Gift Steelbook's™ foil (Blu-ray) with every steelbook

Last edited:
To those asking, @Collector03601 was meant to post and answer your questions about the deadline to cancel etc... but I believe he got held up elsewhere.

So here goes:

As it was clearly stated before the group buy opened, cancelations/backing out of the GB were accepted as soon as you would have seen the mock-ups.

The GB rules have not changed when it comes to backing out. It's business as usual.

The mock-up has been revealed on Tuesday, we're coming on Friday. Anyone who would have wanted to cancel should have done so by now.

Those who wish to cancel should be amending their original post not post again as it creates extra work for Martin who's tallying up the names for the GB list. Thanks all.

With numbers available for GB dropping from 300 to 270, would be nice to see the final list before I cancel my order with zavvi. Hopefully today.

wonder where did you buy Kimchi or Nova SB for 35 and 40 dollars? all Nova GB that I joined cost at least 65$ recently

wonder where did you buy Kimchi or Nova SB for 35 and 40 dollars? all Nova GB that I joined cost at least 65$ recently

From their web stores

All my kimchi have been that price and a couple of nova too

With shipping they usually come to £33ish (all mine are WEA and great finishes - gloss/ deboss/ emboss) which is what the price of this will be with shipping (if combing with 4 items), more if you only combine 2 items.

The point was FAC was supposed to be better for your money and around £28 mark with shipping (some cases cheaper) and they seem to be climbing up and this one in particular for a much older film

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Basil and Sigill
As Flloydo said I'm talking about ordering direct, not from GB's. I love Film Arena editions but I do think the pricing is now nearly in line with other retailers. For 3D and new releases though FA does still work out cheaper than other retailers.