Independence Day (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #36) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: July 18,2016
Purchase link: Filmarena
Prices: 899 CZK - 1898 CZK (Steelbook with Alien Attacker Ship)
Notes: Limited to 1001 copies
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc (CLOSED)

received_1357065380976679.jpeg ID4.jpg
film_22578_3.jpg

film_22578_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's not forget how strict they are. All other retailers are flogging units under the table and allowing multiple purchases. FA have gone as far as putting customers on a waiting list on their website !! absolutely taking the mick.

This thread as bought out a lot of negative comments regarding FAC, The price is high but no one has to buy. They are strict on who buys to stop people taking the p*ss on eBay. It has worked on The last stand (kinda). Imagine working for FAC to see there steels on eBay for more money than they are selling and seeing none of the profits.I would put things in place swell to stop this happening. I think the slip looks ok, not their best but i have put my name down on the GB as i like to collect FAC steels and i can not wait to have this in hand. no one made me put my name down. The price is ok, could be better.. Remember those on the GB also help support this website we all use. In my opinion that is a way of supporting this community which enables us to have the information on the the new releases etc.

To those asking, @Collector03601 was meant to post and answer your questions about the deadline to cancel etc... but I believe he got held up elsewhere.

So here goes:

As it was clearly stated before the group buy opened, cancelations/backing out of the GB were accepted as soon as you would have seen the mock-ups.

The GB rules have not changed when it comes to backing out. It's business as usual.

The mock-up has been revealed on Tuesday, we're coming on Friday. Anyone who would have wanted to cancel should have done so by now.

Those who wish to cancel should be amending their original post not post again as it creates extra work for Martin who's tallying up the names for the GB list. Thanks all.

Apollon,
Is there a wait list available for just the steelbook?
Thanks, livearthpeace

@metalpaul1000 Yes. There were negative comments about this particular FAC release, for the same good reasons like in your own post (not cheap, package only "ok"). So, are you blaming people for "not supporting this community" because they are supposed to spend their hard-earned money on something they don't like? And for the steelbook itself, which I like the most from the whole package, I can get it in Germany for much less money. And I can only repeat myself: I thank the hosts for giving us the opportunity to cancel because the BS was not revealed before GB.

@metalpaul1000 Yes. There were negative comments about this particular FAC release, for the same good reasons like in your own post (not cheap, package only "ok"). So, are you blaming people for "not supporting this community" because they are supposed to spend their hard-earned money on something they don't like? And for the steelbook itself, which I like the most from the whole package, I can get it in Germany for much less money. And I can only repeat myself: I thank the hosts for giving us the opportunity to cancel because the BS was not revealed before GB.

Not blaming anyone. Misunderstood. My point is no one forcing anyone to buy this. People who do via the gb support the site. That's it. If you can get direct then great. There are positives too.

Unless you have a friend, or a friend of a friend who works for them - and preferably in the Uk; because the American end is stitched up tight :naughty:
What I mean is - the steelbook companies (Blufans, Hdzeta, ect.) by and large, cannot get artwork through. Fox is very strict about artwork. To the point that some steelbooks have had to be cancelled.

What I mean is - the steelbook companies (Blufans, Hdzeta, ect.) by and large, cannot get artwork through. Fox is very strict about artwork. To the point that some steelbooks have had to be cancelled.

Oh agreed. But they are a very difficult company period. If you have ever had any dealings with them, or know someone on the inside you will know exactly what I mean.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
I just noticed that the steelarchive battlestar galactica is 39,95€ befor shipping.
Makes this look really low-priced.
:p

Some folk are just pissed because they cannot buy half a dozen copies to flow on eBay at inflated prices. My heart bleeds blah blah blah.

Thought GB folks are banned from listing FAC copies in eBay but I still see a steady stream of FAC titles on the bay. Except The Martian and some old titles, the rest are taking a hammering with many of them selling for less than GB price.

• Thanks
Reactions: Maximus15
Thought GB folks are banned from listing FAC copies in eBay but I still see a steady stream of FAC titles on the bay. Except The Martian and some old titles, the rest are taking a hammering with many of them selling for less than GB price.

Where do you see eBay sells for less than GB prices? I'm trying to get the ones I'm missing before started collecting but they're more expensive...quite a bit actually (@60-70€ each I see mostly)

yea they are definately getting cheaper on ebay, and I think it's because people are wising up unless they really need a release that they missed a GB for, so its still good for that :thumbs:

Some people also use different names/e-mail on Ebay, so though some GB hosts go out of their way to try to prevent the inevitable attempt to capitalize on limited edition popularity, there is only so much a GB host can realistically do. Where there is a will there is a way.

Last edited:
Reactions: lgans316 and K.i.T
Ordered the amaray from tescos for nothing (clubcard boost) as i want to watch this in preparation for the sequel. looking forward to getting this in my hands