Independence Day Resurgence - In theaters June 24th, 2016

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Independence Day Sequel (2016)

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Roland Emmerich[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Liam Hemsworth[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bill Pullman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jeff Goldblum[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Charlotte Gainsbourg[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jessie Usher[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Patrick St. Esprit[/ACTOR]

Plot: Plot is unknown.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
v3nSnUcMOGZHGiVghUEqwrILgW.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

IMDB links:
ID Forever Part I
ID Forever Part II

independenceday2promoExpoartfullC2.jpg

Per Coming Soon:
Nearly 17 years after the original hit theaters, a two-film sequel to Roland Emmerich's Independence Day is in the planning stages. Tentatively titled ID Forever, Part I and ID Forever, Part II, the film will, according to a new report from EW, pick up 20 years after the original.

”The humans knew that one day the aliens would come back,” says Emmerich. ”And they know that the only way you can really travel in space is through wormholes. So for the aliens, it could take two or three weeks, but for us that’s 20 or 25 years.”

Emmerich goes to say that, while Bill Pullman is set to reprise his role as President Whitmore, leading man Will Smith has not signed on to return as Captain Steven Hiller. The film will, instead, follow the character's stepson, Dylan, in addition to a number of new, younger leads.

“It’s a changed world," Emmerich says of the world's post-invasion reality. "It’s like parallel history. [Humans] have harnessed all this alien technology. We don’t know how to duplicate it because it’s organically-grown technology, but we know how to take an antigravity device and put it in a human airplane.”

Scripts for both sequels are now being rewritten by James Vanderbilt, who worked with Emmerich on his latest, White House Down, slated to hit theaters June 28.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect they might be holding back on number 3 to see if this one does well. If that is the case, he will no doubt be green lit to move production forward for number 3. I also suspect that the absence of Will Smith was a biggie.

Went to see it last night and it's nonsense (of course) but worth a watch and a few funny moments too.
It'll never win an Oscar (unless it's for SFX) but enjoyable :)

• Thanks
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
I saw this tonight in 3D, it was ok. Doesnt touch the original, it felt like a blockbuster movie with B movie acting (apart from Bill pullman and Goldblum who are awesome as always) Worthy of a purchase though.

Few thoughts here:
What happened to David's wife? There was no mention of her at all, they killed of Mr President :O

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
I saw this tonight in 3D, it was ok. Doesnt touch the original, it felt like a blockbuster movie with B movie acting (apart from Bill pullman and Goldblum who are awesome as always) Worthy of a purchase though.

Few thoughts here:
What happened to David's wife? There was no mention of her at all, they killed of Mr President :O
So........do the aliens win this time?

Or is there going to be another one??!!! :p

Reactions: thewoe
Reminds me of when I was very young and we went to see Mary Poppins in the cinema and half way through the film the projector down and for a family film you never heard so such swearing in your life coming from the audience.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme...y-resurgence-flopped-in-america/#5b7faa985b0f

Saddened to read the poor feedback for this film and to see the ratings on Rotten Tomatoes (33%) and the 32% on Metacritic as well as the general negativity here.

Not in a position to comment on this film yet . . . but in general I don't object to bad films (although there are exceptions which I do object to such as the recently watched BIRDEMIC where you've got to see the special effects to believe them !!!) or even to films that are so bad they are considered good like PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE or SANTA CLAUS CONQUERS THE MARTIANS - both actually quite fun.
These and others similar make me appreciate the good films all the more . . .
With 100 plus years of cinema to choose from (admittedly only a tiny number available to date on Blu-ray) there's no shortage of good films out there from all eras to choose from.

Anyway, I've ordered the steelbook because it looks almost perfect (and better than the first . . . IMO) and will buy the Amaray when it's in a "3 for GBP 20" or similar promotion.

. . . and not just Mr. Emmerich . . . and to balance out the reviews a bit (lol) :-

The first reviews for the $200 million ‘Independence Day’ sequel are here and they're much better than expected:-

“Independence Day: Resurgence pretends there’s fresh ground to cover. There isn’t, but director Roland Emmerich makes a good show of faking it.” — Peter Travers (Rolling Stone)

"I’ll take the thrilling hokum and bizarre imagination of Independence Day: Resurgence over most of the films I’ve seen this summer. It’s imperfect and if you hate it with all of your heart, that’s okay. That’s fine. You may be right. I may be crazy. But this may be the lunatic movie I’ve been looking for" Jacob Hall (film blogger)

Empire magazine's Dan Jolin gives Independence Day: Resurgence four out of five stars.
"As spectacular as you'd hope from a sequel to the 1996 planet-toaster, and as amusingly cheesy," he writes. "You'll enjoy yourself enough that you won't even miss Will Smith."

"A silly, cheesy, spectacle-driven blockbuster with heart, Independence Day: Resurgence is a refreshing antidote to the grim and the serious sentiment we've seen trending in sci-fi flicks of recent years," she says. "While its plot is messy and it's stuffed with too many characters, I dare you not to leave the theater with a guilt-free smile on your face."IGN's Lucy O'Brien gives the film a score of 8 out of 10.

Though most press won't see the movie until it's in theatres on Friday, some early reviews began trickling in Tuesday night for the film, and, for the most part, they're pretty positive!
Here's what critics are saying:

The visuals and alien technology are amazing

Leslie Felperin at the Hollywood Reporter wrote: "The whole point of this franchise is watching a lot of alien butt get kicked, and their slimy scrawny tushes are well and truly whopped here in gloriously rendered, hyper-realistic detail. Emmerich and his visual effects teams pull out all the stops and there's a glorious abysmal beauty in never-ending shots of continent-wide spaceships landing and mayhem being wreaked." and '"the bottom line was that, despite its many plot problems, the movie is utterly ridiculous but also rollicking good fun."

James Graham of Games Radar agreed: "It’s certainly hard not to drown in the sea of CGI, with the exponential increase of pixels being to Independence Day what the Star Wars prequels were to the original trilogy."

Den of Geek gave it 4 out of 5 starsThe UK site's review describes it as "goofily entertaining July the 4th fireworks display."

The Variety and Hollywood Reporter reviews agree with that sentiment as well. THR sums the movie up as "utterly ridiculous but also rollicking good fun" while Variety actually refers to the movie as "spectacular"

GREAT-LOOKING STEELBOOK TOO:thumbs: