Independence Day Resurgence - In theaters June 24th, 2016

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Independence Day Sequel (2016)

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Roland Emmerich[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Liam Hemsworth[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bill Pullman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jeff Goldblum[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Charlotte Gainsbourg[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jessie Usher[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Patrick St. Esprit[/ACTOR]

Plot: Plot is unknown.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
v3nSnUcMOGZHGiVghUEqwrILgW.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

IMDB links:
ID Forever Part I
ID Forever Part II

independenceday2promoExpoartfullC2.jpg

Per Coming Soon:
Nearly 17 years after the original hit theaters, a two-film sequel to Roland Emmerich's Independence Day is in the planning stages. Tentatively titled ID Forever, Part I and ID Forever, Part II, the film will, according to a new report from EW, pick up 20 years after the original.

”The humans knew that one day the aliens would come back,” says Emmerich. ”And they know that the only way you can really travel in space is through wormholes. So for the aliens, it could take two or three weeks, but for us that’s 20 or 25 years.”

Emmerich goes to say that, while Bill Pullman is set to reprise his role as President Whitmore, leading man Will Smith has not signed on to return as Captain Steven Hiller. The film will, instead, follow the character's stepson, Dylan, in addition to a number of new, younger leads.

“It’s a changed world," Emmerich says of the world's post-invasion reality. "It’s like parallel history. [Humans] have harnessed all this alien technology. We don’t know how to duplicate it because it’s organically-grown technology, but we know how to take an antigravity device and put it in a human airplane.”

Scripts for both sequels are now being rewritten by James Vanderbilt, who worked with Emmerich on his latest, White House Down, slated to hit theaters June 28.

Last edited by a moderator:
This film was awful and very forgettable... I honestly can't even remember anything about it.

Will Smith explains why he chose Suicide Squad over Independence Day: Resurgence

will-smith.jpg

When Will Smith picked up Deadshot’s rifle in the DC supervillain movie Suicide Squad, it meant turning down a role Independence Day: Resurgence, the sequel to the alien action flick that helped propel him to stardom two decades ago.

How did he choose between the films? The star of the upcoming drama Collateral Beauty explained his decision during an interview at Facebook Headquarters on Thursday, saying he wants to “boldly go to new creation.”

“I had the two screenplays in front of me for the Independence Day 2and for Suicide Squad. I had to choose between the two of those,” Smith said. “Even the choice of going to Suicide Squad — nothing about the qualities of the movie — but the choice of trying to go forward versus clinging and clawing backwards. I do want to aggressively go forward and do new things and create and hopefully be able to stumble upon a new heyday.”

Smith’s 1996 breakout as Capt. Steven Hiller saw him deliver the movie’s signature line. His character was killed off-screen in last summer’s sequel Independence Day: Resurgence.

Director Roland Emmerich previously addressed Smith’s decision to eschew the alien sequel in favor of the DC baddie movie, saying the actor told him he couldn’t do four sci-fi films in a row. (Emmerich’s original plan was to film two Indepence Day sequels back-to-back, and Smith had recently wrapped After Earth and Men in Black 3.)

During the Facebook interview, Smith also fielded questions about his new film and recalled his roles in The Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Bad Boys. See Smith’s entire Q&A session below, via Facebook Live. Collateral Beauty opens Dec. 16.

Via Entertainment Weekly