Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release date: June 10th, 2013, August 25th, 2014
Purchase link: Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of The Crystall Skull (Sold out)
Price: £14.99
Infos: Limited to 4000 units, EMBOSSED

Other editions: Raiders of the Lost Ark || The Temple of Doom || The Last Crusade

10792117-1401190200-44404.jpg

10792117-1401190200-44274.jpg
10792117-1401190200-44399.jpg

10792117-1401190200-44251.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone else suffering from edge scuffing on their Indy steelbooks ? All four of mine have some sort of weird scuffing on one of the corners. Don't want to take the shrinkwrap off to investigate... :O(

Attachments

• Indy2.JPG
    Indy2.JPG
    534.6 KB · Views: 148
Is anyone else suffering from edge scuffing on their Indy steelbooks ? All four of mine have some sort of weird scuffing on one of the corners. Don't want to take the shrinkwrap off to investigate... :O(

A few people have mentioned this before, I think its the printing process that can affect some glossy steels maybe? It happened with Anchorman 2 as well.

well a 4 of mine sent out recieved 3 today :cry: hopefully get the other one tommorrow you know what the post office is like:)
also regard people moaning i don't get it either they are nice steels but for the moaners i have something for you :D
right regards all the steels i have recieved the all have marks (on the top and bottom corners)as part of the manufacturing process on all three i have recieved so far, something similar happened with a entertainment store release and people bitched about that :naughty:
photos below people then inspect your steels i'm 90% sure most of you will have the same marks as it becomes part of the process if i'm correct then see where your ocd goes.:woot:

last crusade

raiders of the lost ark

kingdom of the crystal skull

your in luck remembered orginal problem steel/manufacturing defect was anchorman 2 have a look at that thread for uproar.

all the best
basil:thumbs:

I have got these marks too, my Unknown also has this horrible manufacturing marks, wish they would fix this.

I have faint line marks on the back of my Crystal Skull and Temple of Doom, along the bottom area, like ruler marks, seems to be some sort of manufacturing fault, ruins the gloss finish.

Anyone else have these faint line marks on the back? My other two Indy steelbooks look ok.

I ordered all 4 from Zavvi. The other 3 arrived fine but this one has a what I can only describe as like a 'ruler line' going right across it in the bottom third of the front. You have to turn it into a certain light to see it so I didn't notice until it was unwrapped and had a lamp shining on it. I don't think its an actual scratch but being new to steelbooks I don't really know about these things :/

I ordered all 4 from Zavvi. The other 3 arrived fine but this one has a what I can only describe as like a 'ruler line' going right across it in the bottom third of the front. You have to turn it into a certain light to see it so I didn't notice until it was unwrapped and had a lamp shining on it. I don't think its an actual scratch but being new to steelbooks I don't really know about these things :/

As stated above mate, this is still available to order, so if you want to try again, get in quick, re order, wait for. The 2nd to arrive and see how it is.

There is a dedicated thread somewhere about it, but if you ever get two damaged copies of the same steel, you can sometimes swap over different sections to make a good copy.

That makes sense for you and the retailer, who get one damaged steelbook back, rather than two!

As stated above mate, this is still available to order, so if you want to try again, get in quick, re order, wait for. The 2nd to arrive and see how it is.

There is a dedicated thread somewhere about it, but if you ever get two damaged copies of the same steel, you can sometimes swap over different sections to make a good copy.

That makes sense for you and the retailer, who get one damaged steelbook back, rather than two!

Thanks buddy. I've not decided yet if it annoys me enough to bother with all the fuss though ha! Like I say, you only see it in a certain light. I might just put up with it - its my least favorite Indy film anyway ha!

Thanks buddy. I've not decided yet if it annoys me enough to bother with all the fuss though ha! Like I say, you only see it in a certain light. I might just put up with it - its my least favorite Indy film anyway ha!
You can message Zavvi and attach a pic. More often than not, they will offer something like a 10% refund.
Every little helps :thumbs:

I've seen this manufacturing error as well, I mentioned it a few posts up from yours, I've never seen these ruler like marks before, on the back of a gloss steelbook. If you move it up and down at an angle it shows as well.

I've seen this manufacturing error as well, I mentioned it a few posts up from yours, I've never seen these ruler like marks before, on the back of a gloss steelbook. If you move it up and down at an angle it shows as well.
Yeah it sounds like we have exactly the same problem except mines on the front. I might see if it shows up on camera in a bit so everyone can see exactly what we're on about. Not sure if the camera will pick it up though.