Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release date: June 3rd, 2013 August 25th, 2014
Purchase link: Indiana Jones - Raiders of The Lost Ark (Sold-out)
Price: £14.99
Infos: Limited to 4000 units, EMBOSSED

Other editions: The Temple of Doom || The Last Crusade || Kingdom of The Crystal Skull

10788002-1399649744-871344.jpg

10788002-1399649045-823063.jpg
10788002-1399649045-823045.jpg

10788002-1399649818-650670.jpg

Congrats to all my UK mates! And congrats to everyone else since they ship world-wide! Packaging will be taken care of ... just rejoice, been a long time since we wanted these!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very glad I cancelled these. Would have looked better without the embossing and border.

I think my opinion would be slightly less harsh had these been released on time. The delays and release of similar looking steels has chipped away any kind sentiments. The border is overused in Zavvi steels. What used to be a great feature has been reduced to a sales gimmick IMO on subpar releases. The great thing is that the set is consistent.
Too many times I've argued most of the releases don't need a border. Most of the best releases so far this year and of all time are neither embossed or embossed. Cutting the art with a border just to emboss the title is lame. Quite happy with the jumbo lenticular. It's a space saver and quite nice as well

I think my opinion would be slightly less harsh had these been released on time. The delays and release of similar looking steels has chipped away any kind sentiments. The border is overused in Zavvi steels. What used to be a great feature has been reduced to a sales gimmick IMO on subpar releases. The great thing is that the set is consistent.
Too many times I've argued most of the releases don't need a border. Most of the best releases so far this year and of all time are neither embossed or embossed. Cutting the art with a border just to emboss the title is lame. Quite happy with the jumbo lenticular. It's a space saver and quite nice as well

Funny about the border, most people are complaining that the spiderman art is inside the border.

Funny about the border, most people are complaining that the spiderman art is inside the border.

The main issue with amazing Spiderman 2 releases is that you have a border that serves no purpose. The image or even webbing should have at least been extended to the border instead of having 2 frames.

If you think these are sub-par then you might want to get your eyes tested :thumbs:

weirdly i only got this and the third movie today,i don't get all the complaining they are so nice in hand!

Same here ben,this and the third movie.

I have to say that the back art for this is a bit too tiny and the inside art could've been cropped better, would of liked indie to be more in the frame.. the fronts look amazing.. I think the embossed title really stands out with the colours and gloss used..I can't really notice the border, especially on this one(lost ark). looking forward to the arrival of 2 and 4 hopefully tomorrow, they're gonna look brilliant standing side by side:):):)

If this was released years ago around the same time as Iron Man, nobody would complain and these would be hailed as greats. It's too bad a lot of people have super high expectations, sometimes myself included. Paramount releases for me, have always stayed consistent in quality, the same can't be said for a lot of other distributers. These are the best of the year IMO, I can't think of any other 2014 Zavvi exclusive that can top this.

well a 4 of mine sent out recieved 3 today :cry: hopefully get the other one tommorrow you know what the post office is like:)
also regard people moaning i don't get it either they are nice steels but for the moaners i have something for you :D
right regards all the steels i have recieved the all have marks (on the top and bottom corners)as part of the manufacturing process on all three i have recieved so far, something similar happened with a entertainment store release and people bitched about that :naughty:
photos below people then inspect your steels i'm 90% sure most of you will have the same marks as it becomes part of the process if i'm correct then see where your ocd goes.:woot:

last crusade

raiders of the lost ark

kingdom of the crystal skull

your in luck remembered orginal problem steel/manufacturing defect was anchorman 2 have a look at that thread for uproar.

all the best
basil:thumbs:

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Feared the worst when I saw the state of the white box this morning. It looked like someone had stamped on it at one end! However, the steel itself was somehow unscathed! Phew!! I have just noticed a small scratch towards the bottom of the spine, though. Fortunately, nothing too bad, but still a bit disappointing not to get an absolute mint copy...

Reactions: dfoles