Infernal Affairs Trilogy (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #5) [Korea]

The price is to set 73.99$, Will you buy this release ?

• Yes, I will buy this one

Votes: 50 30.9%
  • No, I won't buy this one

Votes: 112 69.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Kimchidvd Exclusive #5 - confirmed

Release date: July 13th, 2014
Print run: 1000 limited Kimchidvd Exclusive Copies
Buy links:
Infernal Affairs Trilogy Lenticular Pack
Internal Affairs Trilogy Full Slip Pack
List Price: 73.99$
Promotional price before release: 59.99$
Notes:
Numbered: yes, numbered on the art card
Disc: 3 disk
Extra: booklet and storyline board (TBC)

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

Lenticular Package

Internal Affairs Lenticular.jpg

10condd.gif

Full Slip Package

Internal Affairs Full Slip Package.jpg

Final Steel Art

0111-_-1-jpg.57940

Older Info.
Possible artwork

Front Artwork #1
Infernal-Affairs.gif

Front Artwork #2
0111-_-1-jpg.57940

Front Artwork #3
0111-_-2-jpg.57941

Inside Artwork
0111-_-2-jpg.57942

here is movie info

Infernal affairs 1 (2002) - link

Infernal affairs 2 (2003) - link

Infernal affairs 3 (2003) - link

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 377
Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine this morning. Meant to upload some pics, but I got caught up rewatching the movies.

mGM1u05.jpg

m7dVTj0.jpg

4a9bpob.jpg

WlrC7Td.jpg
hVUHYPJ.jpg
IhaQj9n.jpg
gVVwsGX.jpg

aepn6Cl.jpg

g9wV1sc.jpg

MAmNlIl.jpg
qrk0ct3.jpg

jblb6zc.jpg
cVl0Okr.jpg

PYP5C3G.jpg

It's a nice set, but I have to admit I'm a little bit underwhelmed. Something about the English font on the spines looks really off to me and I don't think the artwork really works for a Steelbook (maybe it should've been a digipack instead). The slip is gorgeous though, with some of the nicest use of gloss and foil I've seen, but not really expecting anything less from South Korean releases nowadays.

I have this funny feeling I'm going to regret getting the lenti and not the full slip. I thought the mockups of the full looked naff, but the actual pics make it look really nice. Oh well!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Got my copies. OCD Minty FULL SLIP #0060 !!!!

Also two lenti's #0992/1000 & #0994/1000

They both look great, but its the full slip for the WIN!

If LOW#'s are given to out in a first come first serve basis then the Lenti should have been sold out day 1, because I ordered right when it went live. SMH There should only be 6 copies left, so I guess that ain't how it works.... :(

Not trying to salt any wounds, and seeing how its still in stock I guess it's not to offensive me posting pics of multiples. Im not trying to offend, it's just how I roll baby.

Reactions: dominic and Sigill
View attachment 84808 View attachment 84807 View attachment 84806 Got my copies. OCD Minty FULL SLIP #0060 !!!!

Also two lenti's #0992/1000 & #0994/1000

They both look great, but its the full slip for the WIN!

If LOW#'s are given to out in a first come first serve basis then the Lenti should have been sold out day 1, because I ordered right when it went live. SMH There should only be 6 copies left, so I guess that ain't how it works.... :(

Not trying to salt any wounds, and seeing how its still in stock I guess it's not to offensive me posting pics of multiples. Im not trying to offend, it's just how I roll baby.

I'm pretty sure the numbers are given out randomly regardless of when you order.

The full slip does look awesome, but I love my lenticular. The green they used is so...satisfying. The embossing the slip spine (also on the fullslip) and the steelbook itself has a nice gloss finish. And so I don't regret buying the lenti, which also happens to be my first Kimchi exclusive :D

Detailed pics below:
2ce5hjk.jpg

2lw4oib.jpg

14bugw.jpg

2h4hiq0.jpg

a3026h.jpg

4tx7hh.jpg

33c0rb7.jpg

16bc1oj.jpg

xle3ix.jpg

20tmjhg.jpg

I finished rewatching all three and I have to say, it's such a satisfying trilogy. The third one has a lot of issues, but even as a cash-grab it's very watchable. AQ and PQ aren't anything to write home about, and I assume it's exactly the same as the Hong Kong release. I didn't have subs turned on the whole time, but I noticed some minor problems with the English track. Nothing major, just little things like needing spaces between words and little grammar errors. Special features and audio commentaries are only subtitled in Korean. Also the discs are region free.

Looking at the pics of the lenti, I think I'm gonna double dip. It looks perfect.

Also, don't know if anybody else has pointed this out, but there's a spelling error on all of these. It says "An Andrew Lau Anan Mak Film" above all the titles texts. It should be Alan Mak, not Anan.

Last edited:
Reactions: MerlinT
Ask and you shall receive!

My first kimchi order, amazed that I wasn't hit with customs!!
Absolutely gorgeous and I'm now kicking myself for not ordering the Pianist lenticular. Though the full slips are amazing as well.

InfernalAffairs.png

InfernalAffairs02.png

Realy nice. I can´t wait to get mine and all the other ^^

BTW: I can help you with Pianist lenti ;) pm me