Inherent vice

Would you buy an inherent vice steelbook?

• Yes

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jan 15, 2014
United Kingdom
This Paul Thomas Anderson film has some really cool posters which would look great on a steelbook, what do you think?

My attempt of an Inherent vice steelbook.
image.jpg

Can't wait to see this and I love the movie poster so your mock up @T800kaz is absolutely perfect. I think I will cry if this gets a steelbook release but without that artwork and I mean front and back. Amazing

Reactions: T800kaz
@T800kaz im a bit hit or miss with him, I would be all over a boogie nights steelbook and i love the there will be blood steelbook and the film but I've only seen it once and that was when it first came out. I really didn't like magnolia but would give it another watch because that was years ago and I got a little bored. Not seen the master yet or punch drunk love but this just looks like his best work. I'm only going by the trailer and they are meant to pull you in but I have a feeling I will love this and the cast is amazing, possibly my favourite of his ensemble and also Joaquín and wilson

Okay I've seen this now and all I have to say is a steelbook needs to happen with either that art at the top @T800kaz or this....
(Minus the text)

image.jpg

Also I would even accept a horizontal steelbook with this art or it would make a great inside (minus all the text) but then Joaquin would be in the spine!

image.jpg

There is also some amazing character art like below (and a brolin, del toro and Martin short one aswell) which would work well as back art (minus the tsxt)

image.jpg
image.jpg

This one of the best films I've seen in a while, everyone is great and the story is amazing. And you get as lost as doc does. It just works.

If a steelbook happens with any of that art and it's glossy with a debossed title it could possibly be my favourite steelbook ever.
The colours are truly amazing.

Please Warner bros make this happen. Please please please please

Have you watched this yet @T800kaz ?

Okay I've seen this now and all I have to say is a steelbook needs to happen with either that art at the top @T800kaz or this....
(Minus the text)

View attachment 134632

Also I would even accept a horizontal steelbook with this art or it would make a great inside (minus all the text) but then Joaquin would be in the spine!

View attachment 134633

There is also some amazing character art like below (and a brolin, del toro and Martin short one aswell) which would work well as back art (minus the tsxt)

View attachment 134634 View attachment 134635

This one of the best films I've seen in a while, everyone is great and the story is amazing. And you get as lost as doc does. It just works.

If a steelbook happens with any of that art and it's glossy with a debossed title it could possibly be my favourite steelbook ever.
The colours are truly amazing.

Please Warner bros make this happen. Please please please please

Have you watched this yet @T800kaz ?

Those posters would be perfect, there's so many to choose from.

Unfortunately my local cinema had limited showings so I will have to wait for the Blu Ray.

Those posters would be perfect, there's so many to choose from.

Unfortunately my local cinema had limited showings so I will have to wait for the Blu Ray.

Oh ok, that's a shame. Well I hope you enjoy it when you do see it. I might not have time tonight and i wouldn't even know who to contact but if I do contact them with some images and the general question of will it happen do you mind me sending your mock up at the top too? I won't take the credit for it obvioulsy and mention I'm apart of a steelbook forum and a member came up with this mock and so on (and if you want me to mention your forum name I will). But only if your cool with that.
Again I mignt not even get around to it but i want to try to

@Flloydo Yeah that's fine, would be great if they know there is an inerest in a steelbook for it.

That's what I thought too. Only thing is when you look at past Warner bros new releases they tend to be matte with minor back art. Godzilla and man of steel spring to mind. Maybe we can try and stop that lol. Show em the love

Cheers kaz

@Flloydo looks like there will be a nice slipcover for the UK blu ray.
61zfj4yBtaL._SY300_.jpg

Yeah that does look good. Looks like I'll be picking up the blu Ray now.
Was hoping that slipcover or your image would be on beautiful metal but it looks like our wish will not come true.
They still haven't got back to me the rude b*stards.

Can't wait to see this agin tho

Why didn't Blu collection ever pick up inherent vice!?!?!? Dying for a package for that too
Or PA but colourful, not dark art like their usual stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep I love your mock up, got it saved on my phone and yeah with the chic instead of him. And it's a winner

Why didn't Blu collection ever pick up inherent vice!?!?!? Dying for a package for that too
Or PA but colourful, not dark art like their usual stuff
Inherent Vice bored me to tears, but I know how much people love PTA, so I'm also surprised that no one gave it the special treatment... I'm sure it'd sell like hot cakes! There's some pretty cool posters for the film too... think I might even do a mock-up for it myself now that we've mentioned it. ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Flloydo
Inherent Vice bored me to tears, but I know how much people love PTA, so I'm also surprised that no one gave it the special treatment... I'm sure it'd sell like hot cakes! There's some pretty cool posters for the film too... think I might even do a mock-up for it myself now that we've mentioned it. ;)

I even contacted Warner at the time asking. I sent them 3 posters as examples which I think are incredible but no.

See I think it's not your average PTA film. Not at all, I find it hilarious.

It's up there with boogie nights and the master for me.

Best pics are the long one which would make a great slip with her laying down and everything's on her body and the one of doc and his Afro and goofy face.

Other character posters are gray and would make awesome art cards but those are best

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I even contacted Warner at the time asking. I sent them 3 posters as examples which I think are incredible but no.

See I think it's not your average PTA film. Not at all, I find it hilarious.

It's up there with boogie nights and the master for me.

Best pics are the long one which would make a great slip with her laying down and everything's on her body and the one of doc and his Afro and goofy face.

Other character posters are gray and would make awesome art cards but those are best
Did they actually reply to you saying no then?

Maybe I'll enjoy it more the second time around... literally all of his films have bored me the first time I've watched them (apart from Boogie Nights), then I ended up falling in love with them all on rewatch, so fingers crossed that'll also be the case with IV!

I've just been looking at the available posters and you've pretty much read my mind with everything you suggested. ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Did they actually reply to you saying no then?

Maybe I'll enjoy it more the second time around... literally all of his films have bored me the first time I've watched them (apart from Boogie Nights), then I ended up falling in love with them all on rewatch, so fingers crossed that'll also be the case with IV!

I've just been looking at the available posters and you've pretty much read my mind with everything you suggested. ;)

I got through to one lot and then they gave me other contact details and then knowhere. Never done that before but I had to after I see that film. Blew me away. It's like a stoner film noir where you have as
Much of a clue as he does with epic cameos and weird and funny as sh*t. Haha Also doc reminds me of myself as that character plus Joaquin is up there with gyllenhaal, Rockwell and Leo for me

Exactly the same except this film, also boogie nights and the Master, his others I wasn't a fan of to start with and magnolia is the worst film in the world. Will never like that

I PM'd you the posters anyway and how I wanted it to look lol. (Before I saw this message) Plus I PMd you the other day with soemthing I said I would send you.

I got through to one lot and then they gave me other contact details and then knowhere. Never done that before but I had to after I see that film. Blew me away. It's like a stoner film noir where you have as
Much of a clue as he does with epic cameos and weird and funny as sh*t. Haha Also doc reminds me of myself as that character plus Joaquin is up there with gyllenhaal, Rockwell and Leo for me

Exactly the same except this film, also boogie nights and the Master, his others I wasn't a fan of to start with and magnolia is the worst film in the world. Will never like that

I PM'd you the posters anyway and how I wanted it to look lol. (Before I saw this message) Plus I PMd you the other day with soemthing I said I would send you.
Well you got further than I ever did... I never hear back from anyone at WB. (n)

I usually love Joaquin and his dry sense of humour, but it was lost on me in that film... I didn't have a clue what was happening or what the point in the story was half the time lol. I'll rewatch it at some point though. :)

I thought Magnolia was awful when I first saw it too... I actually just rewatched it for the first time a couple of months ago though and enjoyed it a lot more!

Got your PMs mate and will reply soon! I've got loads of messages to catch up on though as they're constantly coming in from people, so I'll try and get through most of them this weekend. :coffee:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo