luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release Date: August 5th, 2015
Purchase links:
Amazon IT
DVD Store IT
Price: €19.90 (DVD Store) - €20.48 16.79 (Amazon)

CFjpgnr_XIAATMKm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
cool! Although the steelbook they got for the first film had this big blue banner ON it, and the back was not a picture only.
The inside was nice though

I won't be pre-ordering this before i see the whole design. But yeeeesss more insurgent steelbook

Last edited:
The price on Amazon.it has gone up - it was €17.52 + P&P (€21.32 delivered ~£15.31 currently) when I ordered it, now it's €21.77 + P&P.
I'm hoping there will be a UK release without the banner, which would mean I can cancel this. @eonedirect

Reactions: jono3000
The distributor lists this as 2 discs - http://www.eaglepictures.com/home-entertainment/fantasy/divergent-series-insurgent
Disc 1 - 2D + 3D
Disc 2 - Extra Features

BD 1: Il film in 2D e 3D, Commento audio al film dei produttori, Trailer BD 2: Insurgent: tutto il dietro le quinte, Da Divergent a Insurgent, Attori e personaggi, La storia di Peter Hayes, Tutto sul combattimento in treno, Shailene Woodley presenta Insurgent, Insurgent: lo stile, Effetti speciali: "The Next Level", Veronica Roth racconta, Marketing gallery, Insurgent: dal libro al film

• Helpful Post
Reactions: MrBMT
Well, it looks like a 2D+3D combo disc...Will the Picture Quality stuffer?
It doesn't suffer for the 3D version.

The separate 2D discs typically come with a different transfer encoding for the 2D disc, with higher bit-rate and less compression, which can lead to a better picture quality. The difference may or may not be noticeable by the viewer - we are all different.

Note that every Blu-ray 3D disc contains a 2D video stream that could be viewed (by ignoring the video stream for the other eye) with any Blu-ray player. Studios just often include programming on Blu-ray 3D discs that detects a 2D only player and refuses to play on those.

Last edited:
It doesn't suffer for the 3D version.

The separate 2D discs typically come with a different transfer for the 2D disc, with higher bit-rate and less compression, which can lead to a better picture quality. The difference may or may not be noticeable by the viewer - we are all different.

Note that every Blu-ray 3D disc contains a 2D video stream that could be viewed (by ignoring the video stream for the other eye) with any Blu-ray player. Studios just often include programming on Blu-ray 3D discs that detects a 2D only player and refuses to play on those.

Got you :) The UK Dredd 2D/3D combo really sucked for the 2D PQ...That's why I'm a tad wary with these discs...

Does anyone know why it does not show the image of the steelbook on the Amazon site?
I've noticed in the past Amazon.it quite often add the wrong packaging near to release, then update it again either when they receive the product to ship out, or soon after it has been released. The picture in the first post is definitely the correct artwork, you can see it confirmed on the distributor's site.

The Amazon description only got updated today to mention that it's 3D.

Rest assured that if you order the link above to Amazon.it, it is indeed the Steelbook (as confirmed in the title on Amazon). The ASIN (B00YAXGZMU) also converts to the correct EAN (8031179940288) for the Steelbook.

Last edited:
The Italian release of the first movie had a blue banner and a printed back. Chances are that this will be the same unless someone knows otherwise.

The Italian release of the first movie had a blue banner and a printed back. Chances are that this will be the same unless someone knows otherwise.
Yes it looks like it'll have a banner, though not the 'special edition' at the top too this time.
Edit: I've checked and most Eagle Pictures steelbooks produced so far do have a printed back.

Here's what the Italian Divergent Steelbook was like for those interested. (Pics of the back included).

Last edited: