Interstellar (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HDzeta Exclusive) [China]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: May 8, 2018
Purchase link: HDN GB HERE (at 5th May, random time between 8-10 AM ET) ; pre-order at HDzeta shop 10:00 ET USA. Check your local time here.
Price: TBA

DZwnOv_VwAADpjF.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we keep this thread on topic about the actual release? If two or three people want to bicker, can they please do it via PM, so that the rest of us watching for updates don't have to read your whining at each other?

Well any re-release, especially a premium re-release is going to spark off a debate. It's going to happen. I'm reading and understanding it from both sides. It's not bickering, it's one of these controversial debates that always pops up now and then. It's interesting discussion and I've had my fair 2 cents on this over the years....

• Thanks
Reactions: PracticingPat
So Zeta are re-releasing their Blu-ray Interstella to a 4K Ultra HD. Is this a re-release, or the next generation format release just as we moved on from VHS > DVD > Blu-rays > 4K Ultra HD? Or just another re-release we see time and time again such as marvels etc, trying to milk the cow? After all a business is their to make money. I personally dislike re-releases and prefer limited editions as it ruins the fun of 'collecting' if everything is widely available again and again.... That's my two cents and I'm not going to go on about this.

I see this as more of the new generation of home video release?? Blu-rays IMO are approaching its sell by date. Not at all saying they are obsolete. However, this is the beginning of the new Home Video format making their impression on the market. Just as DVD's moved onto Blu-rays, we are moving onto 4K Ultra HD. Granted there are a lot of people that haven't transitioned to 4K yet. But then again when Blu-ray steelbooks first came out I was still on DVD's. This transition has gotta to start with premium releases at some point. It's no different from Zavvi re-releasing their steels to 4K. But this creates a more sensative topic as it's a premium release and we don't expect them to re-release this again.

If Zeta re-released this in standard Blu-ray format then you can say it's a different argument and can understand @Sdoom's point of view - how re-releasing a premium edition can ruin the hobby of collecting.

So Saving Private Ryan, Gladiator, Interstellar, soon the Terminators will follow suit....:ohno:

• Thanks
Reactions: Killi Zoltan
It’s elitists’ turn to reply, I’m waiting too.
Who are those elitists that you speak of? And why do you feel the need to label them? How moral elitist of you!
Summing up, you care nothing about print runs (and take the moral high-ground), for others it may matter (or is a factor)... and who gives a crap?!

my 2 cent on the topic, I don't want to fight with anyone.

I have been collecting Steelbooks for only 1 year and 4 months now, but I have been collecting video games for quite a while.

As a collector, and part of a community: gamers, films lovers (whatever you call it lol) I actually don't mind if a rerelease happens, why? because I'm actually happy if someone else from the community, who loves the game/movie as much as I do, has the chance to get the item they did not have the chance to get before.

I don't even see this as a re-release, more like the next generation format, such as Star Trek The Next Generation :LOL:

Who are those elitists that you speak of? And why do you feel the need to label them? How moral elitist of you!
Summing up, you care nothing about print runs (and take the moral high-ground), for others it may matter (or is a factor)... and who gives a crap?!

I’m not going to argue with you (or with anybody else), so if you’d be kind enough to turn the volume down and cut some of those exclamation marks out, I’ll be more than willing to have a civilized conversation.

Also, three posts above mine (Apo), well said; this is precisely what I’m desperately trying to explain today. In return, I’m branded as “moral elitist,” but thinking about it, isn’t that a compliment? :thumbs:

I don’t have an original release, so I’m happy I will get a chance to get it for retail price.
Getting ready for bloodbath if it’s gonna be limited to 500:naughty:

Certainly good-looking steelbook and matching lenticular front image ... even with the splattering of cast above the title ... bad, bad move however to re-release this steelbook unchanged w/ text heavy back especially when WB are one of the few companies today making a concerted effort to give us "clean" steelbooks with all non-essential text confined to the inside left of the steelbook and sometimes even to the right hidden under the discs.
Interstellar_Ultimate_Steelbook_Box_Set_HDzeta_Special_Edition_Gold_Label_No.4_57.gif

Back art on both not up to snuff.

Pics of existing same steelbook courtesy Steelbookpro:-
Interstellar_Ultimate_Steelbook_Box_Set_HDzeta_Special_Edition_Gold_Label_No.4_45.jpg
Interstellar_Ultimate_Steelbook_Box_Set_HDzeta_Special_Edition_Gold_Label_No.4_43.jpg

upload_2018-4-3_0-18-16.png
upload_2018-4-3_0-30-48.png

• Thanks
Reactions: milky
So Zeta are re-releasing their Blu-ray Interstella to a 4K Ultra HD. Is this a re-release, or the next generation format release just as we moved on from VHS > DVD > Blu-rays > 4K Ultra HD? Or just another re-release we see time and time again such as marvels etc, trying to milk the cow? After all a business is their to make money. I personally dislike re-releases and prefer limited editions as it ruins the fun of 'collecting' if everything is widely available again and again.... That's my two cents and I'm not going to go on about this.
to answer your question, yes 4K is the new format (obviously you need to upgrade your whole AV system to view 4K) all Nolan's 4K releases have been praised by most of viewers (well maybe except Batman Begins) and i saw Interstellar 4K and it was great, you can see so much details that you can't see on 1080 blu-ray viewing... if you like you can see some comparison between 4K and 1080 ---> here

not sure how it is in other countries, but where I live in France, the DVD sections are still has big if not bigger than the Blu-Ray sections

Certainly good-looking steelbook and matching lenticular front image ... even with the splattering of cast above the title ... bad, bad move however to re-release this steelbook unchanged w/ text heavy back especially when WB are one of the few companies today making a concerted effort to give us "clean" steelbooks with all non-essential text confined to the inside left of the steelbook and sometimes even to the right hidden under the discs.
Interstellar_Ultimate_Steelbook_Box_Set_HDzeta_Special_Edition_Gold_Label_No.4_57.gif

Back art on both not up to snuff.

Pics of existing same steelbook courtesy Steelbookpro:-

It's always nice to credit the photo owner. That gif and the first two pics are from our very own @galareta2332

not sure how it is in other countries, but where I live in France, the DVD sections are still has big if not bigger than the Blu-Ray sections

The Blu-ray sections are larger here in the states but you can still find DVDs fairly easily. 4K is going to take at least 3-4 years to overtake 1080p Blu-ray sales IMO. Alot of people simply do not care. And almost no one is going out and buying a brand new 4K TV if they already have a 720P or 1080P TV set that works just fine. The people that really wanted 4K, already got a new one for the most part. I know that it does look better but that is just for store bought 4K BR's and some Youtube and Netflix content. We don't even really have 1080p broadcast yet.
As far as re-releases it feels to soon but if the demand for these very popular catalog titles is there I get it. I doubt you you be seeing any re releases of average catalog titles for 4K, just the big ones which Gladiator, Interstellar, and Saving Private Ryan are. Also this is just a 500 print run, not like the original which had 800 box sets, theres not enough demand for that I don't think.

• Thanks
Reactions: jailbird_joey
just a minor detail: but will the steelbook be exactly the same or will they switch the blu-ray logo on the spine with a 4k uhd one?