Interstellar (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HDzeta Exclusive) [China]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: May 8, 2018
Purchase link: HDN GB HERE (at 5th May, random time between 8-10 AM ET) ; pre-order at HDzeta shop 10:00 ET USA. Check your local time here.
Price: TBA

DZwnOv_VwAADpjF.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's great for those of us that didn't get the first but I wonder how those that did feel about there now being more copies than once advertised. Not sure this is a wise move.

You mean, the scalpers?
No. Wasn't really thinking of them. As collectors, among other things, we're attracted to low print runs because of the exclusivity. Lower print run = more exclusive, therefore more desirable, all other things being equal. Right?
Just trying to see this from the perspective if I had bought the non-4k edition, how I'd feel about this new run, even if it's just 500 copies. Not sure I'd be happy about it. Then again maybe I would be...

Or maybe they didn't sell out and they're rehashing them with 4K discs and the print run is still the original number?

No. Wasn't really thinking of them. As collectors, among other things, we're attracted to low print runs because of the exclusivity. Lower print run = more exclusive, therefore more desirable, all other things being equal. Right?
Just trying to see this from the perspective if I had bought the non-4k edition, how I'd feel about this new run, even if it's just 500 copies. Not sure I'd be happy about it. Then again maybe I would be...

Or maybe they didn't sell out and they're rehashing them with 4K discs and the print run is still the original number?
I think with some the definition of wanting (collecting) something rare you are per definition a scalper.

I think with some the definition of wanting (collecting) something rare you are per definition a scalper.
Oh is that right? I thought the term was applied differently, as in one who buys at cost to resell later on.
I did say all things being equal... i.e. not buying it just for the sake of it being rare. I have to like it in the first place, both design and content.
If that's the definition though, wouldn't all who buy WEA over WWA be scalpers? That can't be right.

• Thanks
Reactions: Sdoom
Oh is that right? I thought the term was applied differently, as in one who buys at cost to resell later on.
I did say all things being equal... i.e. not buying it just for the sake of it being rare. I have to like it in the first place, both design and content.
If that's the definition though, wouldn't all who buy WEA over WWA be scalpers? That can't be right.
That is the correct definition yes...a quick sell with profit. But I have the feeling that if you’re saying you only collect rare editions (and thus wanting print runs to be low) you are also marked as a scalper.

That is the correct definition yes...a quick sell with profit. But I have the feeling that if you’re saying you only collect rare editions (and thus wanting print runs to be low) you are also marked as a scalper.
Not saying that at all, I buy WWA if I like them just as much as the next guy.

As collectors, among other things, we're attracted to low print runs because of the exclusivity.

I consider myself a collector too, but this definition leads me to believe that I'm not a good example. o_O ...because I'm attracted to great editions, regardless of the number produced. I collect movies, not numbers.

Lower print run = more exclusive, therefore more desirable

Lower print run = more exclusive, therefore more expensive. Also, more frustrated people that were slower on the F5 key, and more boasting for the chosen (quicker, more experienced) few.

if I had bought the non-4k edition, how I'd feel about this new run, even if it's just 500 copies. Not sure I'd be happy about it. Then again maybe I would be...

That depends on what it is that you desire: to enjoy its content, or to enjoy the fact that they're in your almost-exclusive possession.

• Thanks
Reactions: icharlie17