Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: April 1st, 2015
Purchase links:
Film Arena

film_20912_1.jpg

Last edited:
Not impressed with that artwork at all. Another black cover with just the title?

Come on designers, we know this movie will be a big seller. It doesn't mean you don't have to try harder. Just because it's another movie about space doesn't mean the Steelbook has to consist of bare black areas (like Gravity) :(

I will definitely part with up to a £100 for a super premium edition of this steelbook without blinking an eye. I'm not ashamed to say it ... I cried several times watching this in the cinema. Something about the whole 'survival' theme that made me feel super emotional. I think women sob over love stories and men tear up over survival. Best film I have ever seen in the theatres. Got to my car after watching it and didn't discuss it or anything as I didn't know where to start ... it was simply an experience. As a matter of fact i'm terrified I will ruin the experience by watching it again on my inferior TV / audio set up at home. It's not the same as the cinema.

@C.C. 95 agreed Taiwan has been putting nice quality Futurepak, very impressed with the quality, it is not the Futurepak that we used to see running around...there's still some not so great ones out there but the quality of Futurepaks seems to be improving.

Reactions: C.C. 95
I asked someone who seems familiar with film arena releases because of interstellar being A Collector Edition, but Un-Numbered. I was told that their Un-Numbered Collector Edition is like a regular Steelbook and they do not add any bonus cards and no Slip Cover.

So I emailed them as it would be good to have this confirmed as to what to expect for this release - if it will be just a regular steelbook or they will make a Slipcover for it because it is a collector edition. I'd like to know before ordering just a plain steelbook WWA if no Bonus Art Cards and No SlipCover :confused:

email sent: will post response once I receive reply

Last edited:
Reactions: schrute farms
As I was told that only releases marked as "FilmArena Collection" will be the ones with slip and bonuses I presume this one will be just a regular steelbook.

As I was told that only releases marked as "FilmArena Collection" will be the ones with slip and bonuses I presume this one will be just a regular steelbook.

Thank you for the info, it is appreciated, but it was bugging me that they call it a collector edition if it is just a regular edition steelbook, but from what you are saying ''only for FilmArena Collection'' that would make sense... so I guess Film Arena collection would only be the Numbered editions ?

I want Blufans to marinate their skills with some metal to create a work of art for me. I got money burning a hole in my pocket for a proper release. I don't want to double dip with this one. Going to patiently wait.

Will wait for other countries and shops to release their versions of this, but i will definetely get a steelbook with this movie - it was great! :)
That artwork would be nice! :thumbs: .. but it's probably only a placeholder..

as per Post #28 I received email from Film Arena;

Dear Sir,

we are very sorry but this item is not confirmed by distributor yet and very unfortunately there is not stated which content will this item have.

Best Regards,

film Arena have listen on their website as limited edition both Versions

The FuturePak Limited Edition

AND

Steelbook Limited Edition

They are both un-Numbered so they will not come with a special Package as the ''Film Arena collection'' ones do.

film Arena have listen on their website as limited edition both Versions

The FuturePak Limited Edition

AND

Steelbook Limited Edition

They are both un-Numbered so they will not come with a special Package as the ''Film Arena collection'' ones do.
That is confusing....So this differs from the other versions 'how'? (Or does it differ at all?)

That is confusing....So this differs from the other versions 'how'? (Or does it differ at all?)

FuturePak is WWA and officially advertised, Also the Steelbook will be same Artwork, so for Czech Republic they will have the choice between the Futurepak or Steelbook(Steelbook still not officially announced but I was told by film arena they are awaiting the publisher's information on the release as to what it would contain - so I don't know if they are still waiting as it is still on their website ''preparing it to sell'' or if they will get news from their publisher and just drop it for x reason I will post more info when I get the response back.)

FuturePak is WWA and officially advertised, Also the Steelbook will be same Artwork, so for Czech Republic they will have the choice between the Futurepak or Steelbook(Steelbook still not officially announced but I was told by film arena they are awaiting the publisher's information on the release as to what it would contain - so I don't know if they are still waiting as it is still on their website ''preparing it to sell'' or if they will get news from their publisher and just drop it for x reason I will post more info when I get the response back.)
Are the extras the same?