Release date: March 31st, 2015
Purchase link: In store
Price: $24.99
Notes:

01.jpg

Last edited:
This is really odd for a couple reasons:
1. Since when does HMV Canada get exclusive steelbooks
2. A film distributor having 2 'exclusive' steelbooks in the same country?

My guess is that this stock was going to go to Target stores in Canada (because this is identical to the Target exclusive in the U.S), but because of the closures that are happening, they needed to offer to another retailer.

My guess is that this stock was going to go to Target stores in Canada (because this is identical to the Target exclusive in the U.S), but because of the closures that are happening, they needed to offer to another retailer.

That's a possibility but Star Trek Into Darkness, FF6, Hercules 2014 had 2 Canadian releases (Walmart and Future Shop). Transformers AOE have FS & Target.

Last edited:
Same steelbook is part of the Interstellar FNAC, just recieved it so here's some in-hand photo's of the steelbook:

Sealed:
pIeYQUR.jpg

poEaflc.jpg

NJIeVUa.jpg

Unsealed:
2zkvheI.jpg

92YYJjH.jpg

Photo with flash too show of the gloss (It's glossy all over the steel):
DG64ebX.jpg

Inside with discs + You can see the included UV code next to it:
lmhBEF2.jpg

Inside Artwork (Sorry, couldn't capture very well, camera isn't very good at all and it's very shiny.):
oRVO8V3.jpg

Hope this helps all considering a purchase. :)

Yeah it's happened before where there were 2 Steelbooks for same title, in same country. Perhaps HMV is starting, or exclusivity shifted from one retailer to another....

Any word on whether or not these will be carried in all HMV's?
Hard to know... I guess YEAH as when it's an HMV Exclusive, they seems to all get them, but when it's more "general" exclusive, only some stores gets them... (Paramount steelbook wave by exemple).

Reactions: Prazzers