Release date: March 31st, 2015
Purchase link: Interstellar
Group buy: apsmith21
Price: $19.99 (release date price)
Notes:

01.jpg

02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I stand corrected. I was unaware any such service existed at Target. This could be a step forward in evolution if Target was given the proper feedback, and chose to expand on this. Assuming Target would eventually adopt Best Buy's business practices on this matter.

But then again On the flip side of that coin, in some instances all the copies would then be OOS due to an abundance of in store pick up orders, which is pretty much the situation at all my local Best Buy locations.

Yeah, I have found that they are open to receiving feedback in some cases, but not all. Anything to do with the website is almost a second thought, probably going back to the days when Amazon ran their storefront for them.

They really move at a glacial speed when anything online is concerned. :(

• Informative
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
Work has me occupied until 1:30. Hoping to be able to find one then. :ohno: Definitely checking all the ninja updates and will let you guys know how the search goes this afternoon :thumbs:

• Helpful Post
Didn't seem like any shortages of these at my Target not going to be a rare one.

Sometimes you never know like I was in Best Buy yesterday they still had 1 unbroken steelbook, 1 hobbit trilogy steelbook and like 10 Mockingjay steelbooks but zero Five Armies steelbooks.

• Informative
I just got off a chat from Target.com. They did a one time exeption for price matching. Apparently they go by the order date, not the release date. Here is a copy of the conversation

Nash:Thanks for waiting. I appreciate your patience.

Richard:NP

Nash:Richard, let me go ahead and process $20 price matching refund on this order as one time exception.

Richard:thank you

Nash:You're welcome.

Nash:Richard, I have successfully processed price matching discount on this order.

Richard:thank you also what did you mean by as one time exception.

Nash:You will receive this refund back to your original mode of payment within 7 to 10 business days.

Nash:Richard, since this item should available for online purchase to process discount price matching discount on this order.

Nash:I see that this item is not sold through online.

Richard:but why should that matter

Richard:you dont price match on your own website?

Nash:Yes, we do but the item should be available in stock for online purchase.

Richard:so if you sell out, the person that bought it online does not get the price difference?

Nash:Target.com will price match with itself if you see a lower price listed on Target.com the same week or week following your online order date.

Nash:Richard, you don't have to worry about that I have already processed refund for this order.

Richard:OK, so you guys go by the order placed date, not the date you actually charge my CC

Nash:Yes, that's right.

Richard:so, from now on, I am better off not ordering anything online at Target.com. just go directly to the store?

Nash:Richard, prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online.

Richard:thanks for your help Nash

Nash:You're welcome, Richard.

Nash:Can I help you with anything else?

• Informative
Got my copy about 15 minutes ago. They only had 3 up front and about 5 in the movie section. Glad I was able to get one. Will go great with FS's exclusive!

Reactions: Geek Tragedy
Not many copies in my local store, 6 total I believe by time I got there around quarter to 9, but judging by what everybody else is seeing, they probably have more in the back.

I haven't opened it yet, but my initial impression is positive, as has been said, a nice glossy sheen, and IMO superior art to the FS/Amaray.