kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
12274396_776053312505653_2814936137488551904_n.jpg

Into the Badlands

Premieres on Sunday, Oct. 11 at 9/8c

A genre-bending martial arts series, “Into the Badlands” is very loosely based on the classic Chinese tale “Journey to the West.” In a land controlled by feudal barons, the series tells the story of a ruthless, well-trained warrior named Sunny (Wu) and a young boy who embark on a journey across a dangerous land to find enlightenment.

Emily Beecham (28 Weeks Later, The Village), Sarah Bolger (“The Tudors,” In America) and Oliver Stark (The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box, My Hero) also star.

AMC has ordered six one-hour episodes, which will premiere in late 2015. The project was created by writers/showrunners Al Gough and Miles Millar (Shanghai Noon, “Smallville”). They’ll serve as executive producers along with David Dobkin (The Judge, Wedding Crashers, Shanghai Knights), Oscar-nominated producers Stacey Sher and Michael Shamberg (Pulp Fiction, Contagion), and Stephen Fung and Wu (Tai Chi Zero).

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got around to watching this! Great show! First season is only 6 episodes so its very easy to catch up.

Looking forward to season 2 starting this weekend!

Guys, take a break from binge-watching Iron Fist and check out this other awesome kung fu show starting again tonight!
Season 2, here we go.

• Thanks
Reactions: Lakerone
Done with Iron Fist, will start on this, wish we didn't have to wait a week for each episode, last episode from season 1 was EPIC....

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Done with Iron Fist, will start on this, wish we didn't have to wait a week for each episode, last episode from season 1 was EPIC....

The season 2 premiere was FANTASTIC!
Its kind of funny watching both this and Iron Fist at the same time, one thing you notice is how much better the fight choreography is on Bandlands. Some of the scenes in this episode were IN-SANE.

Glad this season is going to be longer then the first. 6 episodes is too short.

• Thanks
The season 2 premiere was FANTASTIC!
Its kind of funny watching both this and Iron Fist at the same time, one thing you notice is how much better the fight choreography is on Bandlands. Some of the scenes in this episode were IN-SANE.

Glad this season is going to be longer then the first. 6 episodes is too short.

Wow, forgot season 1 was only 6, but was 2 years ago.
Yes, was excellent, and yes hands down on the choreography, at moments felt like I was watching John Wick.....seems to be a common theme on AMC....bloody!

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Wow, forgot season 1 was only 6, but was 2 years ago.
Yes, was excellent, and yes hands down on the choreography, at moments felt like I was watching John Wick.....seems to be a common theme on AMC....bloody!

Crazy that season 1 was in 2015. I only recently watched it all.
I missed it the first time around, then it finally came on Netflix about a month ago and I finished it so fast.

Hopefully if it gets renewed for a season 3 there wont be such a long break.

• Thanks
Anyone else watching?
I feel like the fights have been great (as usual), but the story is a bit lacking a bit this season. i dunno. Anyone else?

Also, how great is it to see Lewis Tan (AKA Shatterstar from Deadpool 2) in this season!