kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
12274396_776053312505653_2814936137488551904_n.jpg

Into the Badlands

Premieres on Sunday, Oct. 11 at 9/8c

A genre-bending martial arts series, “Into the Badlands” is very loosely based on the classic Chinese tale “Journey to the West.” In a land controlled by feudal barons, the series tells the story of a ruthless, well-trained warrior named Sunny (Wu) and a young boy who embark on a journey across a dangerous land to find enlightenment.

Emily Beecham (28 Weeks Later, The Village), Sarah Bolger (“The Tudors,” In America) and Oliver Stark (The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box, My Hero) also star.

AMC has ordered six one-hour episodes, which will premiere in late 2015. The project was created by writers/showrunners Al Gough and Miles Millar (Shanghai Noon, “Smallville”). They’ll serve as executive producers along with David Dobkin (The Judge, Wedding Crashers, Shanghai Knights), Oscar-nominated producers Stacey Sher and Michael Shamberg (Pulp Fiction, Contagion), and Stephen Fung and Wu (Tai Chi Zero).

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else watching?
I feel like the fights have been great (as usual), but the story is a bit lacking a bit this season. i dunno. Anyone else?

Just en-mass watched the first half of season 3 and have to agree the story line isn't quite as engaging. I think its down to writers partly focusing on bring in the new faction -
Pilgim and restoration of Arza
and detracking from the ongoing war between existing factions.
And this kind of slows down the pace of the season so far.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw