C.C. 95

The Snarky Assassin
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2014
The Land, OHIO - U.S.A.
(Didn't see a thread for this, so....)
Release Date: June 1, 2016
Purchase Links: Amazon.FR, Amazon.UK, Amazon.DE, Amazon.ES, Amazon.IT
Prices: €13.69 (FR), £16.02 (UK), €25.71 (DE), €13.69 (ES), €13.69 (IT)
IMG_5745.JPG

SÉRIE NOIRE POUR UNE NUIT BLANCHE / Blu-ray + DVD Elephant Films | 1985 | 115 min | Rated U Tous publics | Jun 01, 2016

Extras:

• "Sound (And Vision) - Part 2": David Bowie by Christophe Conte (9:49)
Tribute to David Bowie by Jean-Pierre Dionnet (2:07)
• Trailer (1:46 4:3 with burned in French subtitles), Cat People trailer (2:34)
• Booklet "David Bowie and the 80s, the passion of metamorphosis" by Stéphane du Mesnildot of the Cahiers du Cinéma (24 pages)
• DVD of the movie

Into the Night
(1985)

Ed Okin's life is somewhat out of control. He can't sleep, his wife betrays him and his job is dull. One night he starts to drive through Los Angeles and he finally ends in the parking garage of L.A. Airport. Moments later a beautiful young lady jumps onto his bonnet and he finds himself being chased by four Iranians. What follows is a wild chase through the streets of Los Angeles and a very funny one too.

Director: John Landis
Writer: Ron Koslow
Starring: Jeff Goldblum, Michelle Pfeiffer, John Landis, David Bowie, Stacey Pickren

DVDBeaver Review of THIS Edition (with screenshots):

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film6/blu-ray_reviews_75/into_the_night_blu-ray.htm

Video

Codec: MPEG-4 AVC (19.99 Mbps)
Resolution: 1080p
Aspect ratio: 1.85:1
Original aspect ratio: 1.85:1

Audio
English: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 (48kHz, 24-bit)
French: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 (48kHz, 24-bit)

Subtitles
French

Discs
Blu-ray Disc
Two-disc set (1 BD-25, 1 DVD)
DVD copy

Packaging
Slipcover in original pressing

Playback
Region FREE

B.B. KING video of INTO THE NIGHT Theme song:

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
Looks fun, but i dont know if i'll ever get around to watching it...
It's GREAT! It's a John Landis movie.
Great cast. It is kind of the cousin to Scorsese's Brilliant AFTER HOURS (which is criminally underrated and NOT on Blu ray).
Landis himself is hilarious as a bumbling Iranian terrorist.
(That is him in the trailer whacking himself in the face with the door, and then shooting the door in retaliation!)

I was dying at that part :rofl: And that's the director? wow!
May be i'll check it out sooner than later...
It may be on Youtube or something. (To see a free version)
Please tell me you have seen KENTUCKY FRIED MOVIE! (Another Landis classic - with Zucker Brothers before they made AIRPLANE!) (btw- KFM is nothing like Into The Night - I just am a big John Landis Fan)

It may be on Youtube or something. (To see a free version)
Please tell me you have seen KENTUCKY FRIED MOVIE! (Another Landis classic - with Zucker Brothers before they made AIRPLANE!) (btw- KFM is nothing like Into The Night - I just am a big John Landis Fan)

LOL. Nowadays, people who dont understand the difference between 'your' and 'you're' might have a hard time laughing to that.

And it would be safe to assume that i havent seen most movies before ~1990ish. Minus a few blockbusters and classics.

Reactions: C.C. 95
LOL. Nowadays, people who dont understand the difference between 'your' and 'you're' might have a hard time laughing to that.

And it would be safe to assume that i havent seen most movies before ~1990ish. Minus a few blockbusters and classics.
If you love the ZAZ stuff (Airplane!, Naked Gun, Top Secret) -KFM was their first movie.
It's insanely funny.

It's a bunch of Trailers, fake newscasts, fake commercials, etc.
The middle has a hysterical 30 minute take on Enter The Dragon called "A Fistful of Yen".

Last edited:
If you love the ZAZ stuff (Airplane!, Naked Gun, Top Secret) -KFM was their first movie.
It's insanely funny.

It's a bunch of Trailers, fake newscasts, fake commercials, etc.
The middle has a hysterical 30 minute take on Enter The Dragon called "A Fistful of Yen".

LMAO. Hung Well? Long Wang? They are not even tryna hide with the third guy...Enormous Genitals? :hilarious: Bruh!

Reactions: C.C. 95