Slipbox Into The Wild (Blu-ray Slipbox) (Steelarchive Exclusive K03) [Germany]

Apr 19, 2015
Release date: January 31, 2017 (pre-order December 25, 2016. 08:00 PM CET)
Purchase link: SteelArchive
Price: €34.95
Note: Limited to 500

44.jpg

Into The Wild (Blu-Ray - Scanavo Case SteelArchive)-3.jpg

14500402_1469168856433217_20012106247906236_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the saddest films I have ever seen, and is very hard to watch more than once.

The end, which u know is coming a mile off, as you are supposed to, is a symphony to the utter stupidity and futility of seeking perfect happiness . . . . .

Back on track, the artwork is really quiet beautiful, and, of course very sad if you know the film . .

Reactions: C.C. 95
One of the saddest films I have ever seen, and is very hard to watch more than once.

The end, which u know is coming a mile off, as you are supposed to, is a symphony to the utter stupidity and futility of seeking perfect happiness . . . . .

Back on track, the artwork is really quiet beautiful, and, of course very sad if you know the film . .
I was gonna say the same! It's a well made picture, but I had the overwhelming feeling at the end of "what did you expect, dude?" I didn't feel bad for the character, because he was a pie-in-the-sky utopian dummy.

• Thanks
Reactions: JackRegan
I was gonna say the same! It's a well made picture, but I had the overwhelming feeling at the end of "what did you expect, dude?" I didn't feel bad for the character, because he was a pie-in-the-sky utopian dummy.

Truth told, even before we get to the final leg, I felt like literally kicking his arse and saying don't be so bloody stupid man, you know this is going to end badly; and dragging him off to civilization.

So yes, 'Utopia' is for dummies - brainless, feckless and utterly lacking in ambition or nouse. That's why 'compromise' is one of the most beautiful words in the English language.

As a film as you say, well made, nicely photographed and Emile Hirsch shows some real understanding of his character.

But so very sad . . . . sadder still is that it is based on a true story

Reactions: C.C. 95
Truth told, even before we get to the final leg, I felt like literally kicking his arse and saying don't be so bloody stupid man, you know this is going to end badly; and dragging him off to civilization.

So yes, 'Utopia' is for dummies - brainless, feckless and utterly lacking in ambition or nouse. That's why 'compromise' is one of the most beautiful words in the English language.

As a film as you say, well made, nicely photographed and Emile Hirsch shows some real understanding of his character.

But so very sad . . . . sadder still is that it is based on a true story
Double Bill with GRIZZLY MAN!:rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: JackRegan

Yeah, let's not try to seek happiness and change the world for the better. Let's conform and sit in cubicles doing thankless, pointless tasks that won't be fairly rewarded anyway.

Now, I'm not saying that Alexander Supertramp's path was the right one but at least he tried. And for awhile he found true happiness. His grand mistake was a lack of research and preparedness and he payed the ultimate price. But his want to do more with his life than follow suit and do as society expects of him is something to be admired. True happiness isn't in all the money we have, the things we own or the brand names on our clothing. If that's what you take away from this film you've missed it's point.

Regarding it's sadness I agree that the ending is very sad but for the most part up untill that point it's a happy story. I'm not saying that his life choices are for everyone or even a large percentage of the population but for some it is. For others it's different but still not a part of what society tells us we should do. Being artistic isn't considered by many as a viable career choice. And if you do succed you should make art that generates as much money as possible. Not art that inspires and challanges the way we see the world. Who needs that when you can have a fist full of dollars and feel utter exctasy.

Yeah, let's not try to seek happiness and change the world for the better. Let's conform and sit in cubicles doing thankless, pointless tasks that won't be fairly rewarded anyway.

Now, I'm not saying that Alexander Supertramp's path was the right one but at least he tried. And for awhile he found true happiness. His grand mistake was a lack of research and preparedness and he payed the ultimate price. But his want to do more with his life than follow suit and do as society expects of him is something to be admired. True happiness isn't in all the money we have, the things we own or the brand names on our clothing. If that's what you take away from this film you've missed it's point.

Regarding it's sadness I agree that the ending is very sad but for the most part up untill that point it's a happy story. I'm not saying that his life choices are for everyone or even a large percentage of the population but for some it is. For others it's different but still not a part of what society tells us we should do. Being artistic isn't considered by many as a viable career choice. And if you do succed you should make art that generates as much money as possible. Not art that inspires and challanges the way we see the world. Who needs that when you can have a fist full of dollars and feel utter exctasy.

giphy.gif

Reactions: dirtyoak
Loving this design. This might be the first Steel Archive release that I buy! Just wish it was a steelbook but still stunning.

No, it's not about a straightforward choice of conforming or not - it is about the difference between abject stupidity and common sense; the latter he only ganed in those final moments in his last letter/note they found (written just before his death, or thereabouts).
Only then did hea realize how stupid he had been,, how you indeed need other people to be truly happy - and had thrown his life away on a mere whim - for nothing - nada, zlich! :(

As I think I poined out perfectly adequately, true happiness is drawn from the relationships we build with other human beings, not in isolating ourselves, nor in attempting to be 'part of nature'; mankind evolved beyond being 'part of nature' aeons ago, and have been battling nature for control of the planet ever since. Nor, for one mad moment, would I consider material wealth brings true happiness - all that is merely transient.

As for it being happy film until the end, I disagree - you see the end coming a mile off, and that's when you want to kick his arse in - any sane person would have known it would end badly - sadly, he wasn't sane for much of his 'splendid isolation'.
Very, very sad waste of a life.

Last edited:
Due to technical problem the pre-order is cancelled for this year and will happen in 2017 now :(
From their fb
"ACHTUNG !! WICHTIGE INFO !!
Aufgrund von doch recht starken Problemen mit der neuen Stanze für die Prägung, wird INTO THE WILD auf nächsten Jahr verschoben.
Es findet daher KEINE VORBESTELLUNG am 22.10 statt.
Danke für eurer Verständnis."

Wasn't really into this movie as I felt the main character was extraordinarily selfish with his decision to ditch his family.

That aside, the artwork on this looks really great. Gorgeous front and back cover there.

• Thanks
Reactions: Marco86