Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) (4K UHD Limited Edition) (Arrow Video) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: February 12, 2024
Purchase links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £30.00 (Arrow Films) - £29.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV)

405898391_749608320533906_839548208925001767_n.jpg

Last edited:
4K UHD LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

• 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
  • Original uncompressed stereo 2.0 and 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio sound
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Audio commentary with director Philip Kaufman
  • Discussing the Pod, a panel conversation about Invasion of the Body Snatchers and invasion cinema featuring critic Kim Newman and filmmakers Ben Wheatley (Kill List) and Norman J. Warren (Satan’s Slave)
  • Writing the Pod, an interview with Jack Seabrook, author of Stealing Through Time: On the Writings of Jack Finney about Finney’s original novel The Body Snatchers
  • Re-Visitors from Outer Space: Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Pod, a documentary on the making of the film featuring Philip Kaufman, Donald Sutherland, writer W.D. Richter and more
  • The Man Behind the Scream: The Sound Effects Pod, a look at the film’s pioneering sound effects
  • The Invasion Will Be Televised: The Cinematography Pod, cinematographer Michael Chapman (Taxi Driver, Raging Bull) discusses the look of and influences on the visual style of the film
  • Practical Magic: The Special Effects Pod, a look at the creation of the special effects from the opening space sequence
  • Original theatrical trailer
  • Double-sided fold-out poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Tony Stella
  • Six postcard-sized artcards
  • Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring writing on the film by David Cairns and Charles Freund, and archival interviews with director Philip Kaufman and writer W.D. Richter
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Tony Stella

• Informative
Reactions: Billy Talent
Amazon UK link added to OP (Not live yet)

Arrow Films/Zavvi/HMV will be live from 3 PM today

When Amazon goes live can vary as in might be a few hours or days later

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Billy Talent
What's the deal with the poster being different from the cover art? The poster looks better if you ask me. Lots of other stuff happening on the promo photo too! Is that from the backside or something?

If you find out brother, can you please let me know, because I have the KL 4k and it's a beautiful tranfer....thanks..
Arrow Video is from same 4K Scan of the Original Camera Negative that Kino used but arrow release has a new encoding done of video/audio
The arrow 4K release is better than the Kino release in terms of video/audio

Kino 4K though has some disc extras not on the arrow release

Arrow Video release
The authoring/compression has been done by David Mackenzie from Fidelity in Motion

The missing audio that affected Kino Lorber release
Arrow Video release the missing audio has been restored to both audio tracks

• Informative
Reactions: PracticingPat
It'll be interesting to compare them. Fidelity in Motion tend to be the best encoders.
(side note- super worried about Kino inking a new deal with a "cheaper" encoding house for their 4K discs)

Never got an arrow video box before - just a quick question - would it be possible to swap the amaray out for a steelbook? I've got the old steelbook that I'd like to put in this instead. Cheers!

Never got an arrow video box before - just a quick question - would it be possible to swap the amaray out for a steelbook? I've got the old steelbook that I'd like to put in this instead. Cheers!
As this is a slipbox release
Yes you can replace amaray with a SteelBook.

If you find it's a tight fit remove the poster also
I don’t do that as usually will still fit ok with poster and booklet.

Reactions: davetherave
well amazon.co.uk were supposed to have dispatched mine for delivery today - no dispatch, apparently they're still waiting on stock to come in. Any else had issues with this from amazon? I'm considering cancelling and going somewhere else.