Ip Man Trilogy (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

May 2, 2012
Release date: April 25th, 2016
Purchase links:
Amazon UK
HMV.com
Zavvi.com
Price: £22.99 (Amazon - HMV) - £24.99 (Zavvi)

1.JPG

2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MRD and chunk
Link says it's Zavvi exclusive. Is it exclusive?
I don't believe it is . . . and looking at the high price on Amazon of IP MAN 3 and the lack of artwork I'm wondering if the listing is a mistake and should be for the trilogy steelbook instead of for #3 as a standalone ?
No show yet at HMV though.

Last edited:
Just watched the 3rd one last night. The movie is entertaining and has some good fight scenes (Donnie Yen vs Mike Tyson), but is very uneven and doesn't have the impact of the first one. Great trilogy for sure.

I hope the fourth one (Ip Man training Bruce Lee finally) is better though!

Very tempted to get this, but the thought of a possible 4th film has got me on the fence

They definitely left if open for a fourth. The director teased us with a snippet of little Bruce Lee in the second movie, and teenage Bruce Lee appears in the third one but briefly. Ip Man says he will train him and then that's it.

Very tempted to get this, but the thought of a possible 4th film has got me on the fence

They definitely left if open for a fourth. The director teased us with a snippet of little Bruce Lee in the second movie, and teenage Bruce Lee appears in the third one but briefly. Ip Man says he will train him and then that's it.

I read Donnie Yen will consider doing a fourth one to expand on his teachings with Bruce Lee. But he wants a story driven script first. Only reason he did Ip Man 3 is because it had elements of the first one i.e. themes of being a family man etc.

• Informative
Reactions: dLux
If all the Asian Companies don't do steels for Ip Man then I would be shocked. Granted America didn't do a steel for Captain America lol. (first flick)

Reactions: luke98
I don't believe it is . . . and looking at the high price on Amazon of IP MAN 3 and the lack of artwork I'm wondering if the listing is a mistake and should be for the trilogy steelbook instead of for #3 as a standalone ?
No show yet at HMV though.

Picture now finally up on Amazon of the IP MAN TRILOGY STEELBOOK although the listing is still for the IP MAN 3 LIMITED EDITION STEELBOOK (1 BD).
Will have to drop them a line to request they change the listing to details of the trilogy.
Amazon GBP 21.99 Amaray trilogy
Amazon GBP 24.80 Steelbook trilogy
At least, that's the way I see it . . .

Please see below the reply from Amazon to my request for clarification regarding their listing for this steelbook although, hand on heart, I can't say I'm any less confused now than I was before I sent it . . .

Hello Nicholas,

Thank you for contacting Amazon.

I understand your concern that the product description on the site is wrong.

I've personally detailed checked the item and found that image's name of the book is different with the mention product.

I really thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I've forwarded this issue with the catalog team, in order to assure we can bring necessary changes to our system and services according to our customers convenience and to avoid such further.

Please note that while most issues are resolved within 48 hours, however, in some cases it may take longer for us to investigate. Please be aware that this is the maximum amount of time it will take for us to resolve this issue.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

EDIT 24/3/16: Amazon listing finally changed from no pic to pic of trilogy steelbook followed a few days later by listings change to IP MAN TRILOGY from IP MAN 3 and from 1 disc to 3 discs.

Last edited: