Ipad 1 No longer charging.

My ipad 1 stopped charging last night. Very frustrated, and I think I'm just going to sell this one on Craigslist or Ebay "as Is" explaining the issue, and then using that money to go towards getting an Ipad2. Figure people buy them for parts, or even because they can fix it. I just don't have the know how to do it.

I've plugged it into the wall via the adapter, via the computer and PS3 and it won't even register as having something connected to it. Won't charge, won't even say "not charging".

Very upset.

What would be an appropriate price to sell this on Ebay for? I paid $300 for it just under two months ago.

Was thinking of selling it for as much as I could and just eating the remainder of the $300, but don't know what price would be too high/low for an Ipad 1 that won't charge (at the moment). FYI it's a 64GB model (black).

Last edited:
A friend I asked about taking it down there said that the local store won't even talk to you without an appointment.

I've been wanting an iPad 2 anyway, so I'll see if I can get a couple hundred for this one (people on Ebay are selling this exact model "not working/for parts" for $200 to $250 and sometimes more.

My only problem with Ebay is that I'd get paid via Paypal and I'd want it on Amazon GC because that's where I'd get my iPad2 from. They have one for $400 brand new.

if there´s an reset button have you tried hitting that then charge it, worked on my andriod media player when I got a similar problem

if there´s an reset button have you tried hitting that then charge it, worked on my andriod media player when I got a similar problem

Yeah I did the thing where I hold down the back button on the top of the Ipad, and the home button until it shows the "swipe to power down", then keep holding it and then it resets.

Nothing though. had it checked on different charges and my friend's car charger that she uses to charge up her ipad and iphone, and still nothing.