Mar 12, 2013
Shepperton
Release date: December 7th, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £21.99

11192348-1344340183174757.jpg

11192348-9804340183187033.jpg 11192348-1594340183205612.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We all have our opinions but I've never been fascinated with any of the releases of that movie so far

True, though I have a hunch that when you see in hand photos, you'll prefer the prior releases. Personally my favorite is the play.com release. The gloss design is superb. I'll be looking forward to seeing in hand photos of the Zavvi release, but I have a feeling it'll be matte finish. That means no pre-order for me :).

So the Zbox curator on Twitter has confirmed these were design choices to do them as matte and not gloss as it "compliments them" lol and that a magnet would not work on gloss (which is ridiculous).

Also states that gloss is a next to nothing cost lol

So these will all be matte I'm afraid

What an Idiot:kiss: ,this Guy has no Idea what he´s talking about:p:LOL::LOL::whistle:

The thing that baffles me is they are a member here and they should know that gloss steelbooks have had lenti magnets before and worked just fine!

Reactions: smileyx9
This needs to be MAX 19.99 or I wont bother. And as it is live on Black Friday, it seriously should be in the range of 15.99. But I bet it wont be.

tbh if you have a lenti magnet on a gloss steelbook it scratches it over time, i have a few lentis with glossy steels which now have light scratches because of the magnet. Matte finish is better for Lenti magnets.
I have been saying this for ages, but people don't seem to want to understand. Glossy is fine for stand alone steelbooks (but not those with lots of black), but add those Lenti magnets and you heading for a whole heap of trouble.

Don't forget as well, when they are in the post the magnets often slip so are out of place when they arrive, which would cause glossy lentis to scratch before you would even receive it.

Matte finish is the best way to avoid this. I have nothing against matte steelbooks. I don't get the hate.

Reactions: thewoe
Has there been any word yet whether this will be the 2-disc version with the bonus disc, or just a single-disc release? I already have the regular Amaray version, which came with 3 discs (movie itself, bonus disc and a DVD version of the movie). If it is only a single-disc release, I won't bother, but a 2-disc release with the bonus disc would be great.

Matte finish is the best way to avoid this. I have nothing against matte steelbooks. I don't get the hate.

Matte looks and feels cheap on steelbooks. They can also look very dull unless the art is extremely vibrant.

Also, I find that matte steelbooks scratch just as easily as gloss - in fact it's worse because a scratch to a matte steel usually means the raw steel shows through which is far more noticeable :OMG:

Last edited:
Reactions: Flloydo
Has there been any word yet whether this will be the 2-disc version with the bonus disc, or just a single-disc release? I already have the regular Amaray version, which came with 3 discs (movie itself, bonus disc and a DVD version of the movie). If it is only a single-disc release, I won't bother, but a 2-disc release with the bonus disc would be great.

As Iron Man was only 1 disc I can't see this happening I am afraid :(

So, 'live' 27 / 11 / 15 for release on the 7 / 12 / 15.
Looking forward to this one more than any of the others TBH (apart from "IM 1" ;)).

I'd guess that the price is a pretty clear indicator that it will be 1 disc.
Patiently waiting for the proper 'live' price though.

Of course there has to be one rotten apple in every basket and today's example goes by the name of kimchidvd who lists this as OOP/OOS even before it has gone 'live' and 'sympathetically' priced at $150.00 plus $20 shipping LOL.
To add insult to injury he has it listed as "Super Ultra Limited Print Run of 2,000" and "Gloss" . . .
"9 watching" though.
Unprintable comment omitted.

Anyway, hoping for good things with this particular release - simple image so less chance of cocking-up the lenti / frame artwork.
Just a bit worried about the fingers on his left hand and hope not to see 8 on the finished product.

Last edited:
So, 'live' 27 / 11 / 15 for release on the 7 / 12 / 15.
Looking forward to this one more than any of the others TBH (apart from "IM 1" ;)).

I'd guess that the price is a pretty clear indicator that it will be 1 disc - patiently waiting for the 'live' price as it surely won't be as much as GBP 23.99 as this price is too close to the others with 3D etc.
Yeah, it will be this price for sure, this is Zavvi mate! If it ain't, I'll eat my hat!!
image.jpeg