Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 7, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11192349-3744340183213691.jpg

11192349-1394340183227287.jpg 11192349-1634340183241483.jpgThanks to @UpsetSmiley for the trick to save 10% making it £22.49:
1- Add the Steelbook to your basket by clicking HERE
2- Click this LINK from Zavvi
3- Add code ZAVWEL54 to your order and VOILÀ!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be updating phase 2 as wasn't a fan of any of them (already updated GOTG with blufans), phase 1 will be left alone happy with the HMV and play versions

I was hopeful for this since I wasn't a fan of the one they did but honestly this looks worse. What's going on with the back?

It would have made more sense to do the back art as the front and then have the Mandarin or Pepper on the back.

Reactions: rj531
regardless of the price Zavvi are complete XXXXXXXX for releasing all these titles within a few weeks of each others just before Xmas with also Agent Carter and Avengers double pack, knowing that they will most likely sell out very quickly

Mr Zavvi will be having a good Christmas.......

Reactions: mr blue
I think Zavvi really needs to meet their quota with all these Marvel releases.. I am an Iron Man fan, but the new covers man.. i feel like they just slap whatever remaining licensed photos together and call it a day.. I think i will i wait for a Blufans release.

Reactions: dLux
£27.99 is not the price it will be when it goes live it will be less

None of these steelbooks have been officially announced yet by Zavvi the price in the links are a place holder prices as are the release dates which may change
These steelbooks are not officially listed yet on the website or even announced by Zavvi yet
Zavvi have already tweeted these are not the actual prices they will be when ready to pre order

When they are live to pre order that is when the price will be known
Zavvi Zbox Curator tweet on twitter
That's not the final price, we've not released any info.

Well isn't this just the inside art of the old one on the front with the same back apart from the framing?
The inside artwork of the previous steelbook was different to what is on front of this new version
New Version Front
11192349-1634340183241483.jpg

This is the inside Artwork that was in the Iron Man 3 2013 steelbook release
10805395-1371128383-119.jpg

Ah yeah, it's quite similar though. Are you getting the full set?
100% will be getting the following
1)Iron Man (Previously Pre Ordered with Sept Zbox) I have the previous Kimchi and Blufans Iron Man Steelbooks
2)Iron Man 2 (I don't have any Iron Man 2 steelbook in my collection)
3)Captain America First Avenger (Previously Pre Ordered with Oct Zbox) I have the Previous Zavvi and Blufans Steelbooks

I will most likely be getting but not 100% decided
4)Iron Man 3 (I have the previous Zavvi WWA Steelbook)
5)Thor (I have the previous Zavvi steelbook and I also have Blufans Steelbook)
6)Thor 2 Dark World (I have the previous Zavvi WWA Steelbook)
7)Captain America Winter Soldier (I have previous Zavvi WWA and Novamedia WWA Steelbook)
Reason I might be getting the new Zavvi steelbooks is WEA Artwork and that they have a Lenticular Magnet

8)Not sure if I will be getting the new Zavvi Guardians of the Galaxy unlikely will be getting but could end up getting just to have all Zavvi releases
As I already have Walkman Steelbook version both Zavvi and NovaMedia and the WEA Blufans Steelbook
Both of these look good

Reactions: lights
£27.99 is not the price it will be when it goes live it will be less

Zavvi Zbox Curator tweet on twitter
That's not the final price, we've not released any info.

But they clearly have released info when we're talking about them here right now?

If they've given this info to HDN, why not just tell us the price it's going to be when it goes live??

They've obviously completed the design process, surely they know what they are going to charge for these?

Just tell us the price and stop this RRP bulls**it!

As someone else mentioned, they just want everyone to think they're getting a fantastic price cut when it goes live by dropping it a pound or two :rolleyes:

Reactions: Flloydo