Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 7, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11192349-3744340183213691.jpg

11192349-1394340183227287.jpg 11192349-1634340183241483.jpgThanks to @UpsetSmiley for the trick to save 10% making it £22.49:
1- Add the Steelbook to your basket by clicking HERE
2- Click this LINK from Zavvi
3- Add code ZAVWEL54 to your order and VOILÀ!

Last edited by a moderator:
Being a Marvel title it might be risky waiting for a price drop.

The original Avengers Lenti steelbook sold out. Twice (second time very quickly when the cancellations went back up) even though a lot of members here complained about it.

Disney and Marvel are always popular titles and contrary to the complaints you hear on here, they sell out a lot of the time before a price drop is an option. So, unless you don't really mind the event of missing out, I'd get an order in now otherwise.

I wouldn't want to miss out but I have to not mind it purely because I want every steelbook and can't afford them all lol

I wouldn't want to miss out but I have to not mind it purely because I want every steelbook and can't afford them all lol
I don't think anybody would buy them all even if they could afford to and not just because some are sub-standard imo but because they are being churned out like there's no tomorrow in some months.
If you take this month for example there are 38 releases (unconfirmed of course because the month isn't finished yet and a few of these could end up in December or January) which would cost you a grand total of approx. GBP 830 (not including discount codes - cheaper than Zavvi editions where available) if you were inclined to buy them all.
Phew !!!
Apologies in advance if you just meant the Marvel lentis. . .

Reactions: Norwichlad
These steelbooks will sell out
Remember Zavvi ship worldwide

A lot as in most of customers who purchase from Zavvi remember are not members of HDN or other web forums Shame on them :giggle::LOL:

Marvel sells worldwide fast most of the time especially avengers related live action films and when it's a steelbook only exception is the animated TV series they don't have the same impact
Just look at all the live action avengers connected marvel steelbooks you see get released in other countries and how fast they end up as sold out

Will you be able to get these 3-6 months from now answer is no they will be sold out by then and some will sell out quicker than others

Worldwide all the different releases majority of the avengers marvel steelbooks they all end up sold out some in a few min to a couple of months at most

These steelbooks will sell out
Remember Zavvi ship worldwide

A lot as in most of customers who purchase from Zavvi remember are not members of HDN or other web forums Shame on them :giggle::LOL:

Marvel sells worldwide fast most of the time especially avengers related live action films and when it's a steelbook only exception is the animated TV series they don't have the same impact
Just look at all the live action avengers connected marvel steelbooks you see get released in other countries and how fast they end up as sold out

Will you be able to get these 3-6 months from now answer is no they will be sold out by then and some will sell out quicker than others

Worldwide all the different releases majority of the avengers marvel steelbooks they all end up sold out some in a few min to a couple of months at most

I agree with what your saying but in this instance there are so many different versions of some of these that I think a few might stay In stock a few months and also with what we have seen today with actual pics of iron man and cap a lot of people are not happy.
Who knows I may be wrong and they will instantly go

The only perks I can see with some of these is a title and 3D included with captain America and Thor

They seem to have more cons

I did think guardians will sell out (and it prob will as we have only seen a WWA and 1 WEA) but the more I look at the design for it I think it's looks really tacky and amateur.
Especially the back.
The colouring on the front reminds me of a snide that isn't quite right.
That's one of the main ones I want to see pics off to see how the design comes out in matte
I also like this front art to iron man 3 but again with this dark matte I'm not sure how it will look plus the lenti has to be perfectly aligned (well they all do)

But then some people want every version of a marvel steel so it's swings and roundabouts

It's a real shame this wave is not gloss IMO

I agree with what your saying but in this instance there are so many different versions of some of these that I think a few might stay In stock a few months and also with what we have seen today with actual pics of iron man and cap a lot of people are not happy.
Who knows I may be wrong and they will instantly go

The only perks I can see with some of these is a title and 3D included with captain America and Thor

They seem to have more cons

I did think guardians will sell out (and it prob will as we have only seen a WWA and 1 WEA) but the more I look at the design for it I think it's looks really tacky and amateur.
Especially the back.
The colouring on the front reminds me of a snide that isn't quite right.
That's one of the main ones I want to see pics off to see how the design comes out in matte

But then some people want every version of a marvel steel so it's swings and roundabouts

It's a real shame this wave is not gloss IMO
I agree me personally would have liked to have been a gloss finish and no need for the lenti magnets and Iron Man 1 and 2 been 2 discs with the extras

The likes of Iron Man 1 and Iron Man 2 you have a lot of new steelbook collectors who would have missed out getting the play steelbooks as they did not purchase steelbooks then and a lot now would be in jobs earning a wage
There is a lot more new steelbook collectors than there was 2-3 years ago and big part of the reason you see a lot of films get a steelbook release and re releases be it new artwork or a re release of a same steelbook

Take me as an example I missed out on both Iron Man 1 and Iron Man 2 play.com steelbooks even though I have been purchasing a lot of steelbooks since 2013 over 400 steelbooks
I purchased yes the Kimchi and Blufans and look how fast they sold out and you be surprised as to how many did not even know about those releases
Not every customers who has started to purchase steelbooks in the past 2 years purchase from China or Korea or other countries
A lot have only purchased from the UK from the likes of Zavvi/Amazon/HMV etc

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
I don't think anybody would buy them all even if they could afford to and not just because some are sub-standard imo but because they are being churned out like there's no tomorrow in some months.
If you take this month for example there are 38 releases (unconfirmed of course because the month isn't finished yet and a few of these could end up in December or January) which would cost you a grand total of approx. GBP 830 (not including discount codes - cheaper than Zavvi editions where available) if you were inclined to buy them all.
Phew !!!
Apologies in advance if you just meant the Marvel lentis. . .

Nope, if money was no issue I would buy them all .. Just to complete the set :LOL:

"This is the set of every Steelbook in the world"

But then if money wasn't an issue I would be on a permanant holiday, travelling the world and likely helping to make the movies I love so much instead of collect them. So I guess you are right lol

I agree me personally would have liked to have been a gloss finish and no need for the lent magnets and Iron Man 1 and 2 been 2 discs with the extras

The likes of Iron Man 1 and Iron Man 2 you have a lot of new steelbook collectors who would have missed out getting the play steelbooks as they did not purchase steelbooks then and a lot now would be in jobs earning a wage
There is a lot more new steelbook collectors than there was 2-3 years ago and big part of the reason you see a lot of films get a steelbook release and re releases be it new artwork or a re release of a same steelbook

Take me as an example I missed out on both Iron Man 1 and Iron Man 2 play.com steelbooks even though I have been purchasing a lot of steelbooks since 2013 over 400 steelbooks
I purchased yes the Kimchi and Blufans and look how fast they sold out and you be surprised as to how many did not even know about those releases
Not every customers who has started to purchase steelbooks in the past 2 years purchase from China or Korea or other countries
A lot have only purchased from the UK from the likes of Zavvi/Amazon/HMV etc

Oh yeah I get that too.
I rarely buy from Asian or other retailers due to budget also.

I'm the same, I missed out on play iron man 1 & 2, HMV Thor and cap.
I now own at least 1 steelbook for them all except the hulk.
I manged to get the iron man blu fans v1 empty case a while ago for a decent price and put my iron man blu Ray discs in it.
I was really interested in the iron man and cap lenti when they was announced but annoyed I had to buy a Zbox to get them (I made that clear in the thread at the time lol) but now I'm not sure if i like how they have come out,
I'm just mostly annoyed at the price and finsh of this wave.
If they were cheaper I would consider most except Thor 2 and then pick that up at a later date cheaper (I'm patient on eBay so it would most likely be from there if I don't sell out)

If these were gloss i would of possibly tried to get them all (or at least the ones my wallet would allow) if some dates get changed to next year I would maybe get some but again the price is a factor

Reactions: paulboland
Is it just me or is Mr. Daniel Espinoza a Zavvi spy? (after reading all his copypaste comments on all the marvel steels)

Reactions: Flloydo
Ordered. Under no illusion that this will be spectacular, as the rest have been as bad finish wise as Zavvi's original ones. Still matte or not it's better art than the original WWA.

Zavvi really screwed up. Instead of making terrible lenti's they should have made these full gloss with good debossed/embossing.

Reactions: jimmyv
So the Zbox curator on Twitter has confirmed these were design choices to do them as matte and not gloss as it "compliments them" lol and that a magnet would not work on gloss (which is ridiculous).

Also states that gloss is a next to nothing cost lol

So these will all be matte I'm afraid

So the Zbox curator on Twitter has confirmed these were design choices to do them as matte and not gloss as it "compliments them" lol and that a magnet would not work on gloss (which is ridiculous).

Hence I will only be getting this one, as the rest are just rubbish!

• Informative

:rofl: Zavvi are trying to sell as much as they can before Blufans jump in :naughty:

Personally speaking I appreciate and welcome something a bit different like this group of lenticular steelbooks and feel that it's about time we had something a bit different here in the U.K. and if you add up all the lenti steelbook releases in the U.K. (out of the approx. 800 steelbooks released since 2008) you will find that there are fewer of these than there are fingers on two hands.

Not advocating a whole mass of these in the future, apart from other themed groups, but I think that this will be a lovely little group, though accept that some will look better than others.
I do however expect ALL to be better executed than "Avengers Assemble".

Glossy or matte makes no difference to me with the magnets on the front - without the magnets preferably gloss, though the previous "IM 3" looks just fine to me the way it is.

To tell the truth, just glad not to have the usual 'bossed steelbook of which I have literally hundreds.

"Variety is the very spice of life, that gives it all its flavo(u)r" from William Cowper's 1785 poem "The Task".

EDIT: Can't comment about the quality of the lentis as the 4 out of 5 ordered have not been released yet and I'm also finding it difficult to make an informed opinion on the 2 that I haven't ordered yet from the limited number of pics available (as to how good or how bad they are) though "IM" looks just fine to me and certainly not surprised about it being a 1 disc affair. Just hope it's priced at no more than GBP 21 after discounts, though would appreciate a 10% code like we had for the most recent two - approx. GBP 19.80 would suit me for this one and "CA".

Last edited:
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
Personally speaking I appreciate and welcome something a bit different like this group of lenticular steelbooks and feel that it's about time we had something a bit different here in the U.K. and if you add up all the lenti steelbook releases in the U.K. (out of the approx. 800 steelbooks released since 2008) you will find that there are fewer of these than there are fingers on two hands.

Not advocating a whole mass of these in the future, apart from other themed groups, but I think that this will be a lovely little group, though accept that some will look better than others.
I do however expect ALL to be better executed than "Avengers Assemble".

Glossy or matte makes no difference to me with the magnets on the front - without the magnets preferably gloss, though the previous "IM 3" looks just fine to me the way it is.

To tell the truth, just glad not to have the usual 'bossed steelbook of which I have literally hundreds.

"Variety is the very spice of life, that gives it all its flavo(u)r" from William Cowper's 1785 poem "The Task".
Nice to see something different, however if the quality of the lenti is below par then they a waste of time (all lenti steel's, not just this wave) , after all that is why these are all £24.99, the lenti's are the marketing gimmick were paying for....