Release Date: August 8, 2012
Price: {param} $19.98
Purchase Link: JB Hifi

Actual pictures:
20120808_092949.jpg
20120808_093000.jpg

20120808_093011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine today, it looks pretty nice but still a bit pricey. It's not bad at all but they should be calling it something else, like metal slipcovers/sleeves/slipboxes.

Last edited:
Write them an email explaining that you ordered them on the premise of them being "metal slipcases". Show them an image of the previous slipcases and make mention of current releases such as Scarface, Apocalypse Now, Scarface and FF5. Point out that they should have been named something other than a "metal slipcase" as it insinuated that they would be the same as the other metal slipcases they have for sale. Don't tell them it was falsely advertised, that's a bit heavy. Just tell them that their description led you to believe their product was something else.

I got a return authorisation...

Did they cover the return shipping fees?

They just emailed me a return address and CB# to include with the return. I emailed them about return shipping, and they said email them a photocopy of the receipt and they would reimburse the shipping cost.

At first they said return in original packaging. I explained that would be 5 packages, and they said it was OK to send them back in 1 package. Just include the # provided and a copy of the invoice and state either return or replacement.

They are being very helpful. I feel bad for my initial emails, but hopefully they will realize the deception that was done with this wave.

In Australia it is a "Reply Paid" address, but as mentioned International customers need to pay for shipping on their end then be reimbursed.

I feel sorry for JB Hifi, they're going to be out of pocket quite a bit with these returns and paying for international postage on returned items. The quality of the slips probably isn't even their fault, more-so Paramount and their distributors? They could have had JB Hifi fooled, just like we were.

Reactions: BURRAGUM and bd251
In Australia it is a "Reply Paid" address, but as mentioned International customers need to pay for shipping on their end then be reimbursed.

I feel sorry for JB Hifi, they're going to be out of pocket quite a bit with these returns and paying for international postage on returned items. The quality of the slips probably isn't even their fault, more-so Paramount and their distributors? They could have had JB Hifi fooled, just like we were.

SORRY BUDDY,
Not sure i agree on the piont of them being decieved.Ive owned a couple of different retail outlets, And not once did i make a purchase from anyone less i saw the finished product in hand..If this was the case AND I DOUGHT IT then someone at JB needs to explain to a higher command WHY did you do what is called a BLIND BUY.
Anyone in that position to Authorise such a purchase would I think be aware of such a mistake in there marketing plans..
On the topic of quality..I WENT TO 3 JB's yesterday to find some of these items for my mates o/s. I only needed 6 of these slips and of the dozens and dozens i went through it was difficult to find any that were in WHAT i call MINT CONDITION..All have some scratches or paint removed.
Sorry JB i know this is gunna cost you good $$$ but its your reputation thats coped a knockout blow with these. Someone needs a kick up the :ass: or worse for this.

Mine arrived last week. I'm happy with it.

like me!

All is perfect! ordered 8 metal slipcases. As arrived in 5 packages, i must thanks JB coz i had no customs fees to pay. I must be a lucky guy coz no scratch or paint ship that i could noticed. of course, this is not the same packaging, thinner (looks cheaper) than the previous generation but i think they are highly collectable. My opinion.

thanks

Last edited:
I cannot find a email to contact JB HIFI every time I email them I get this back..*** Please note: this email address is not monitored. You must re-submit your query via our web contact form at www.jbhifi.com.au/contact-us ***

Any ideas how you contact them as it asks you to contact your local branch and I live in the U.K so none are that local?

I cannot find a email to contact JB HIFI every time I email them I get this back..*** Please note: this email address is not monitored. You must re-submit your query via our web contact form at www.jbhifi.com.au/contact-us ***

Any ideas how you contact them as it asks you to contact your local branch and I live in the U.K so none are that local?

Terry try this:

[email protected]

Reactions: rj531 and terry44