domalorite

Premium Supporter
Sep 25, 2012
Retired
Release date: January, 2015
Print run: 3000 and 1000 for the 1/3 slip edition
Group Buy: Click here for the Hi-Def Ninja Blufans Marvel GB

IMPORTANT NOTE: (There are 2 editions.)
The front&back images are the same, but not the interior.
Click here for a great photoset by @pbtouril comparing both editions.
v1:
- Sealed
- No disc
- Debossed title
- Bonus (10$) for people ordering v2
v2:
- Sealed
- 2 discs
- Embossed title
- Lenticular slipbox
- Bonus art cards

2.jpg
1.jpg

1.JPG

2.JPG
131445jg5gdub98jknu3n5.gif
thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My natural inclination steers to me towards the Kimchi Iron Man steel book, but every time I look at this, it gets better and better. If I end up with either one of them, I will be one very happy man.

• Informative
Reactions: Familyguy824
I'm actually disappointed with Kimchi's design because while it isn't bad, it's kind of clumsy looking compared to this one in my opinion. This is the first time both Blufans and Kimchi are releasing WEA of the same title and it would've been a great opportunity for both to bring their A-game.

That being said, now that we're THIS close to Blufan's announcement, I'm actually starting to get the pre-announcement jitters. I'm leaning towards print-run/artwork change, but this is Blufans so who knows. Maybe they're only going to release Frozen Steelbooks from now on.

That being said, now that we're THIS close to Blufan's announcement, I'm actually starting to get the pre-announcement jitters. I'm leaning towards print-run/artwork change, but this is Blufans so who knows. Maybe they're only going to release Frozen Steelbooks from now on.

I think you've figured it out! All Frozen everything. :ohno:
deEVFGXZ-Hh2PAFNJdf080qPenUe0L6zOad_iZNeILqRMqjXgZ5fUuE6M2VcwycV-sq5Xe01Ll2sa6Fk-0hAfMjBgs-1MojNQQpfr6wcTtGAvurMTTapDDy6EfcKARaG5Y4F0UZefLhPzNBm=w591-h443-nc

Reactions: blu-steel
Post at BR Forum, from Kevin :

"Because of a miscommunication between Blufans and Scanavo, there is a tiny error on the back of the steelbook found just now. As you can see on the last picture, the eye is not debossed seamlessly. And the worst of all, the mistake was discovered after the mass production was completed. Here is the question needed an immediate answer; Should Blufans send the finished steelbooks to the collectors? The answer is obvious, it is a NO. Blufans understands that the extra production cost will surely mean a loss to them. In order to live up to a promise to the collector fans, they have decided to re-manufacture the new batch of Iron Man steelbook but with the following changes:

1) Inside Art: Completely replace the previous art with a new one.

2) Front Art: Artwork remained the same with a new embossed design.

3) Back Art: same Artwork, fixing the debossed error.

4) Gift: Special Edition Collector Photo Cards (a set of 7)

Initially, Blufans would like to bring the release forward but it seems doing otherwise. Blufans has resubmitted the steelbook design and will try whatever it takes to release this in December. Many thanks in advance for your patience and understanding"

135642zaes6agsrr18o660.jpg

Last edited:
Makes my choice simples, Kimchi it is. I try to avoid non perfect steels in my collection, but I guess that means it will be easier to get for others.

Real shame.

Fixing an issue and adding stuff in..sound good to me! No news about change of lenticular image, so I guess it will stay?
Maybe in december...well, maybe! :)

Reactions: schrute farms
Makes my choice simples, Kimchi it is. I try to avoid non perfect steels in my collection, but I guess that means it will be easier to get for others.

Real shame.

I didnt read it like that...they will make a new batch, not send out the incorrect ones.

Is it just me or are there others who ask themselves what's wrong the debossed eye? Sorry for my incompetence to see it :) so please enlighten me

I asked myself the same thing. From the pic i cannot see whats wrong with the debossed eye but then again my eye sight ain't good at the moment.

But if Blufans are not happy and are having their steels re-made, i'm more than happy to wait for a quality steel :)

Just hope we get it before Christmas :ohno: