I Am Iron Man
Visual Effects
Robert Downey Jr. Screen Test
Theatrical Trailers
Galleries
Credits
Iron Man IQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Id grab this one if I ever saw it for a decent price, but that will never happen and I'd be compelled to get the 2nd one in a SB as well

Ahhh Iron Man Blu-Ray Steelbook

Its one of those crucial piece for completing the Exclusives back in 2008 , though back then the hardest piece to obtain is the "Comic Con Slipcover" and the Blockbuster Canada Lenticulart (both of which in DVD format)

Its good to know that now a days, the bluray steelbook is one of the benchmarks of collectability!

IR_ALLXX.jpg

AWESOME COLLECTION!!!

Reactions: xage
that's the fun part about collecting steelbook...sometime like myself I need to go back and pay premium for the older releases.

If these steelbooks were not limited, then it wouldn't be so much fun buying them as anyone can just go to your local store and grab a copy anyday. That's not fun.

I'm sure a lot of veteran collectors...likes the fact that their steelbook is special and worth something...

As the years go by, you'll have rare steelbooks in your collection and others will pay premium for it.

FYI, I did pay $200 for the Iron Man futureshop a year ago even though I kept passing it when they released it on day 1 because I was spending all my money on statues at the time :) I think it was around the time I paid $2500 for the Iron Man and Dr Doom statues.

This particular steelbook is like the ultimate steelbook to own for blu-ray steelbook collector...just because it did well at the box office..and it's Marvel..and it is beautiful...hence the reason why people want it...just my opinion....and that's why I cough up $200 for it.

If I sell it today, then I can probably get my money back... If you buy it today, then I'm sure you'll get your money back if you can find a good deal....

yeah, I can't justify that.
Im still trying to get the Star Trek SB and thats at least 80... bah!

Last edited:
Reactions: xage
that's the fun part about collecting steelbook...sometime like myself I need to go back and pay premium for the older releases.

If these steelbooks were not limited, then it wouldn't be so much fun buying them as anyone can just go to your local store and grab a copy anyday. That's not fun.

I'm sure a lot of veteran collectors...likes the fact that their steelbook is special and worth something...

As the years go by, you'll have rare steelbooks in your collection and others will pay premium for it.

FYI, I did pay $200 for the Iron Man futureshop a year ago even though I kept passing it when they released it on day 1 because I was spending all my money on statues at the time :) I think it was around the time I paid $2500 for the Iron Man and Dr Doom statues.

This particular steelbook is like the ultimate steelbook to own for blu-ray steelbook collector...just because it did well at the box office..and it's Marvel..and it is beautiful...hence the reason why people want it...just my opinion....and that's why I cough up $200 for it.

If I sell it today, then I can probably get my money back... If you buy it today, then I'm sure you'll get your money back if you can find a good deal....

fair enough. I agree the limitedness of certain SBs is cool bc you get to enjoy the thrill of the hunt. I am always on the lookout for the Star Trek one, but often times sound reason steps in and tells me I can't afford it right now. Sometimes that's good sometimes that's bad.

I've gone back and forth with myself on if I want to sell my opened pristine copy. On one hand, it could help me take care of some Christmas gifts and all these extra steels coming out this holiday season. On the other hand, this is the crown jewel... and even though I have other Iron Man steelbook(s) that are included as a set with 1 & 2, it's still tough to say goodbye to the steel that fed my frenzy.

Not so sure if its hurtful to others if there are about 50 Iron Man steelbooks out there still sealed and stored but not in Futureshop

Attachments

• imgrp.jpg
    imgrp.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 102
Not so sure if its hurtful to others if there are about 50 Iron Man steelbooks out there still sealed and stored but not in Futureshop

yeah its a google searched image! but the not so sure is - if that iron man steelbooks were still kept hidden up until now?

Attachments

• imgrp.jpg
    imgrp.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 92
Couldn't the image just be from someone who purchased 50 copies when it was released?

spot on DB, the original image has the date stamp of Oct 13th 2008

Yep, I believe that pic is from a GB that happened on that other forum back in 2008.

There are no hidden Iron Man steelbooks out there in someone's garage. :hilarious:

Give anybody 3 years to find a copy (or multiples) of a OOP steelbook in Future Shop and still have no one to purchase it - they must only have polar bears that frequent that store. :naughty:

Reactions: Il Furiano
Yep, I believe that pic is from a GB that happened on that other forum back in 2008.

There are no hidden Iron Man steelbooks out there in someone's garage. :hilarious:

Give anybody 3 years to find a copy (or multiples) of a OOP steelbook in Future Shop and still have no one to purchase it - they must only have polar bears that frequent that store. :naughty:

There are no copies of Iron Man FS in store, trust me, I would have bought every last one of them. Same goes for I Am Legend, Inglourious Bastards, Watchmen and Star Trek. Their db shows 0 items in all of their 140 stores in Canada. The only possibility would be a lost copy in their warehouse, and I seriously doubt it ;)

Biscuit, yeah, we all know that:) The picture is old, and there were folks doing group buys and buying dozens of Steels for other reasons, years ago too...