Robert Downey Jr. Screen Test
Theatrical Trailers
Galleries
Credits
Iron Man IQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a recent example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/371196469175

I think it holds a special sentiment to several long time collectors (and newbies). I for one will still consider buying, but don't want to pay more than $200 for it. Heck, $150 tops lol and it has to be brand new & sealed. That dream will probably be fulfilled next year. I like the steel though, but I think Blufans IM will be the #1, however that doesn't take away from the status of this GEM. I wish FS will put out quality steels like they used to.

Well said, I feel the same way. I plan to get one in 2015 and I would pay $150 for a mint/sealed for sure!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: charlie1533pr
This particular Steelbook holds very strong memories for me. It was released on 30th September 2008. The date I arrived in Philippines from a bloody Bangkok. The day before my then G/F and I had witnessed some of the bloodiest street battles right outside our apartment window. Seeing a woman explode right before your eyes when hit by a deadly Chinese made teargas grenade is not a pleasant experience. So being in peace and quiet on the 30th and knowing that my Iron Man Steelbook was on its way was a good feeling.

Holy sh*t.. I think if that were my memory relating to a steelbook, I'd just throw it away. I'm a very visual person so looking at it would creep me out.

On another note, I really hate the blue label on this. It truly mars the potential for it to be beautiful.

Reactions: dfoles
Most of the grails, more rares and htf steelbooks have the b-banner except for LGB and T-2 V2 both from Japan. Maybe for newer collectors this big blue line on top of the steels are the worst thing that happen in this hobby but this banner is the pride of any hard core or an "old" collector.

No, not really. I am an old collector and I think it looks dated. Even a year later, in 2009, they stopped doing this.

It looks good, but BF took it a step higher.

In the truest sense it is not really a grail because they are all readily available. A grail should be something that is hard to find.

There are many FS IMs available -- you just have to fork out enough cash to get one. It isn't hard if you have enough $$$.

The bottom fell out of this collectible, so that it is maybe a $100 grail now. $100 is still pretty good for something that was a 'free collectible' when it came out release day.

Must admit having seen the blu fans version online considering selling my fs copy and getting the blu fans version .i see the blu fans version is on eBay for about £100 . Decisions !!

Blufans is the new hype for Ironman steelbook know whereas, the Futureshop was the past let's look forward to know and enjoy this moment and time and the let the past be behind us all...

Reactions: keyjey
I just like Having Every version. If I can get a sealed FS Ironman fo $100 to put next to my opened I paid $50 for I would do it in a second. It's a great steelbook and one of my first in my collection and I love my play version as well. The Kimchi i find to be the worst but I agree the Blufans looks the best and I ordered that as well but to say the FS is dated is true because it's one of the original steelbooks just like my Inglourious Basterds. Just because people are trying to sell their copies doesn't make me feel it isn't a classic anymore. I just think people need to sell to buy the newer version and selling gets them money to purchase the Blufans. I just personally like having them all and feel the Blufans are already saturated all over ebay and so many bought multiples in Group Buys that copies will be all over the place. I do not feel the same for FS Ironman because most owners have 1 copy and are collectors.

Last edited:
This will still hold its place for being the best steelbook for this title not even Blufans could beat this...
This isn't even as nice as the Play version. Only reason it's highly sought after is age making it rare. I've owned it and sorry but the actual Blufans steel itself is in a different league completely.

Reactions: schrute farms
Im lucky enough to have all the Ironmans Psychoscot apart from target exclusive and the german release but everyones entitled to their own opinions and i respect that mate...