I Am Iron Man
Visual Effects
Robert Downey Jr. Screen Test
Theatrical Trailers
Galleries
Credits
Iron Man IQ

Last edited by a moderator:
I was bidding on this, and of course there is a zero feedback eBay user driving the bid up, and when I messeged the seller to inquire about the sticker, he said: if you can't see the factory seal, then don't bid

He also said he want $600-$800 for it. I don't think a SteelBook is even worth that much. But this smell like fish. Scam.

I was bidding on this, and of course there is a zero feedback eBay user driving the bid up, and when I messeged the seller to inquire about the sticker, he said: if you can't see the factory seal, then don't bid

He also said he want $600-$800 for it. I don't think a SteelBook is even worth that much. But this smell like fish. Scam.

Well, as you well know, the zero feedbacker is most likely a ringer, and I would find it hard to justify even $100 for a steel, let alone six to eight hundred.

How many of these were there anyway?
Only ask because they seem to turn up on fleabay with alarming regularity.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
The back-left side is the shrinkwrap seal.

But because the sticker is not original, I would be highly suspicious about this. Currently at $400, but not any eBay retailer that I know so I would not take the chance.

Re-sealing in another plastic bag is not necessary for a picture to be taken. I would prefer a picture that is not in 2x plastic. Why would a seller do this, if not to hide something?

Reactions: Marina Blue
This is NOT the real sticker as you and @wjasoncul said.

@tigerqc posted an old picture in the Iron Man Future Shop SteelBook Owners Club [HDN Award] thread that shows the REAL and ORIGINAL stickers:
View attachment 143941

What you have on yours in the new sticker we see on several new releases... worthless IMO.
I mean it's still a fairly mint-looking IM FS SteelBook, which is a good find, but to pass it off as a manufacture-original sealed version is BS. Phishing for top dollar is all this is. Which SKU # is that by the way... I tried looking it up and it might have pointed to a Harry Potter version :hilarious::rolleyes:

Still searching for one for a reasonable price.. i still don't get why they get up so high at the bay.. am i asking too much if i want to spend 200€ maximum lol?

That's no way to treat a potential purchaser!

Does anyone really want a dodgy looking Steel with questionable bidding?

This is NOT the real sticker as you and @wjasoncul said.

@tigerqc posted an old picture in the Iron Man Future Shop SteelBook Owners Club [HDN Award] thread that shows the REAL and ORIGINAL stickers:
View attachment 143941

What you have on yours in the new sticker we see on several new releases... worthless IMO.

just to throw in .... not all originals had that sticker on top right either. The group buy I was in had no sticker top right .... just the blue. Then I've also seen some originals where it had a top right sticker that was part French ... I presume those sold in quebec

oh and do realize you can still fall victim on the bay of a "reseal" as the blue sticker was also put on a few other releases so one can and has found them cheap enough to put on.

• Informative
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
There's one beeing sold at the moment here in germany:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Iron-Man-Blu-Ray-Steelbook-Futureshop-Exclusive-OOP-Ultra-Rare/251855069811?_trksid=p2054897.c100204.m3164&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=20140407115239&meid=d1e5f9d873f4467a9bb575482f4b4f03&pid=100204&rk=15&rkt=30&sd=301548546916

The price is very tempting tbh, but i'm not shure if i should take it since it's stated as "like new".. :confused:

What do you guys think about the price?

Hmmm, not sure as the Photo is not really good!!! Think there are some flaws on it and possibly a small scratch in the blue banner (at least it looks like on the Pic!)...

Reactions: monsterzebra