I Am Iron Man
Visual Effects
Robert Downey Jr. Screen Test
Theatrical Trailers
Galleries
Credits
Iron Man IQ

Last edited by a moderator:
For me the play.com Iron Man really started the passionate steelbook game. But this soooo nice and it is still missing in my collection. Maybe some day...:shy:

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
Trust me you are not the only one, I still have no idea how this could be a grail. It's ugly as sin but each to their own and all that.

The only thing cool about this now is the history behind it.

I would categorize it as an ex-grail together with JOHN RAMBO and I AM LEGEND because I don't think it appeals to newer collectors.

Did someone say, GRAIL?? :whistle::p:D

View attachment 333745

Now, bet you're wondering how much this set me back? :naughty::coffee: Quick lil' story folks... :brb: I acquired this copy from a friendly eBay seller here and after some slight negotiation, he agreed and sent me a private offer for £100 shipped. I've been wanting this for quite some time but didn't want to break the bank with it and didn't think I'd ever own a copy, tbh... :greedy::sorry: Basically, I redeemed 10,000 nectar points I had and converted them into a £50.00 eBay voucher. I'd accumulated those points over a long period of time at my previous job by filling our delivery van with diesel at BP garage every week :D:LOL: I completely forgot I even had those points and we're talking over a year since I left that job so they've just been sitting unused/unspent all that time. Thus, this open but VGC Iron Man Future Shop Steelbook (no j-card and/or sticker though) cost me £50 shipped :cigar: Extremely happy with that and I can now understand the appeal and why remains King of all Iron Man Steelbook's :kiss::hungry: Big blue banner n' all :p

@harry @Sigill
Congrats @Mickle_89 , that steel looks new :thumbs::OMG:.....

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89
The only thing cool about this now is the history behind it.

I would categorize it as an ex-grail together with JOHN RAMBO and I AM LEGEND because I don't think it appeals to newer collectors.
Can you ask these new collectors to drive the price down a bit more then please? I'd love to pick up any one of them for under £100

• Thanks
Reactions: Para and jitstark
Can you ask these new collectors to drive the price down a bit more then please? I'd love to pick up any one of them for under £100

It's actually not up to the new collectors to drive the price down.

It's up the old collectors to drive the price down.

I like this one because ....

1) The history, sure.
2) much more vibrant red then the Play one (which I also love tho)
3) This has thicker gauge metal before they went to a thinner gauge and what you see now today and also for that Play one
4) Thicker gauge meant for much more thicker/deeper embossing debossing which was very nice.
5) Less qty hit the market for this SteelBook then any other IM steel and then most all steels today too.

As for my personal one, I also like it cause I got it signed by Stan Lee. :)

It's actually not up to the new collectors to drive the price down.

It's up the old collectors to drive the price down.

The only way the price for this will go down is for a retailer to re-release it.

Collectors who own this steelbook definitely will not want to drive the price down.

I like this one because ....
As for my personal one, I also like it cause I got it signed by Stan Lee. :)

I thought about trying to get that done at Dragon*Con this year, but I didn't have the money to meet him :(

I was also gonna bring Spider-Man because that's his favorite.

I thought about trying to get that done at Dragon*Con this year, but I didn't have the money to meet him :(

I was also gonna bring Spider-Man because that's his favorite.

His price is cheaper depending on where he is at. At the time I went to Albuquerque New Mexico and no way those big city prices could fly. Plus online previous to was pre orders at $10 off. I paid like $40
Or $50 for each autograph

Reactions: digitalbabe
His price is cheaper depending on where he is at. At the time I went to Albuquerque New Mexico and no way those big city prices could fly. Plus online previous to was pre orders at $10 off. I paid like $40
Or $50 for each autograph
That's not bad. I think at D*C it was like $350 for a pic and autograph.

The only way the price for this will go down is for a retailer to re-release it.

Collectors who own this steelbook definitely will not want to drive the price down.

I think we have reached a steady state now where most collectors who want this SB already have it.

I don't see this title pop on many people's want lists anymore. There have already been numerous re-releases which are arguably better than the FS version. The only thing the FS version has going for it now is its history.