Iron Man (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #12) [Korea]

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: December 5, 2014
Purchase links: Lenticular (SOLD OUT) - 1/4 Slip (SOLD OUT) (Pre-order on November 10 at 11 PM Korea time UTC+9. UK: 2 PM GMT / USA (east) 9 AM / USA (west) 6 AM ) Please use the following timezone converter to find out the time in your area
Price:
$42.90$ (after 3 days, $44.99)
Package detail:
-
2 discs
- Lenticular
- 1/4 slip
Print run: 3.7K
1850 for Oversea, 1850 for Local
Order Limit Qty:
Lenticular Edition : 2 per order
1/4 Slip : 1 per order

Paramount approved artwork

steelbook.jpg

interior.jpg

lenticular.jpg

quarter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Price will be a big thing for me with the blufans coming out as well in November I may be tight for money.

Just not sure if this came out last year I would be on this like chicken fingers.

Price will be a big thing for me with the blufans coming out as well in November I may be tight for money.

Just not sure if this came out last year I would be on this like chicken fingers.
where did you get that blufans would get its on November, its there an update? i was on the impression the release would be at the end of December!

I gave this a lot of thought, and decided that the blufans wins out. No Kimchidvd Iron Man for me.

i'm in the same situation!it's just something about this one i dont really like!

good. more chance for the rest of us. :smug:

I like both. Blufans looks very nice and i'm sure with the slip it's gonna be awesome in hand, but to me this Kimchi design is a bit more fun because:

- it has a totally unique front cover never used before and totally unique back cover that includes a full body pose of the Iron Man suit.... a first for any Iron Man steelbook.
- also both front and back of Kimchi are action shots (back more than front but still the front is a little too). All other IM steels are close ups and stills.
- Both are WEA, but Kimchi sorta looks more WEA and is very unique compared to all other IM steels.

I have BF on order but I'm gonna get Kimchi too and see which I like better in hand. And hey! It's Iron Man, in all honesty I'll probably keep em both.
I don't make a habit of double dipping, but sometimes you gotta just make some exceptions :naughty:

Reactions: rodtp
What a mess those steels look like. IMO CA Zavvi is one of the worst steels ever. Can't wait to see them do a matte IM steel. LOL.

I agree and I re-buy every Marvel steel but that Captain America was awful next to the original with the shield. The Disney steels are really the only ones worth buying and some new releases.

Reactions: blu-steel
good. more chance for the rest of us. :smug:

I like both. Blufans looks very nice and i'm sure with the slip it's gonna be awesome in hand, but to me this Kimchi design is a bit more fun because:

- it has a totally unique front cover never used before and totally unique back cover that includes a full body pose of the Iron Man suit.... a first for any Iron Man steelbook.
- also both front and back of Kimchi are action shots (back more than front but still the front is a little too). All other IM steels are close ups and stills.
- Both are WEA, but Kimchi sorta looks more WEA and is very unique compared to all other IM steels.

I have BF on order but I'm gonna get Kimchi too and see which I like better in hand. And hey! It's Iron Man, in all honesty I'll probably keep em both.
I don't make a habit of double dipping, but sometimes you gotta just make some exceptions :naughty:

Has anyone actually bought a blufans bluray? How does the finish compare to Kimchidvd? I'm still undecided. :confused:

Has anyone actually bought a blufans bluray? How does the finish compare to Kimchidvd? I'm still undecided. :confused:

It's hard to have a discussion about kimchi vs blu fans finish. Each release is different. Sometimes its matte and sometimes it's gloss. Sometimes its embossed and sometimes it's debossed. It just all depends but rest assured either way if it be kimchi or Blufans you are getting quality. And I have plenty of both exclusives in my collection

It's hard to have a discussion about kimchi vs blu fans finish. Each release is different. Sometimes its matte and sometimes it's gloss. Sometimes its embossed and sometimes it's debossed. It just all depends but rest assured either way if it be kimchi or Blufans you are getting quality. And I have plenty of both exclusives in my collection
Ah, Thanks. I guess it does depend on the release. I only started buying plain archive recently but they have put my expectations really high :D