Iron Man (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #12) [Korea]

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: December 5, 2014
Purchase links: Lenticular (SOLD OUT) - 1/4 Slip (SOLD OUT) (Pre-order on November 10 at 11 PM Korea time UTC+9. UK: 2 PM GMT / USA (east) 9 AM / USA (west) 6 AM ) Please use the following timezone converter to find out the time in your area
Price:
$42.90$ (after 3 days, $44.99)
Package detail:
-
2 discs
- Lenticular
- 1/4 slip
Print run: 3.7K
1850 for Oversea, 1850 for Local
Order Limit Qty:
Lenticular Edition : 2 per order
1/4 Slip : 1 per order

Paramount approved artwork

steelbook.jpg

interior.jpg

lenticular.jpg

quarter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you think this is poor then 99.9% of steelbooks released each year are extremely poor.

Maleficent was great, Frozen BF was outstanding, I was even surprised with the quality of TMNT Bestbuy and I can go on. But with this the release thread which started since February and so much expectation was build around it for obvious reasons (its Iron Man), it just didn't leave upto the hype. We are not talking about sub $15-20 Zavvi releases (many of them IMO are better than this), and I expect more from Asian retailers like Kimchi since they are the ones who have set certain standards.

I think Lenticular slip is just outstanding and that is the only positive thing I see with this IM release. Best IM steel title still stays with FS or Play, at least until BF comes out.

Best IM steel title still stays with FS or Play, at least until BF comes out.

I agree about the FS and Play versions, but I keep seeing loads of comments with caveats like 'at least until BF comes out'. While I'm sure that BF will very probably be lovely, it will be hard pushed to better or be so much better than the other versions that they pale into insignificance. It will just be another variation on a cool title which we can get our hands on.

Of course people will hype it up when they get it and say it's the best etc, but when the dust settles it will just be an alternative rather than the new 'grail'. Those other earlier versions will stand the test of time as they have a very classic feel to them and are always sought after. Most people weren't collecting or can't afford / won't pay the price for the FS (or Play) versions, so kimchi and BF are offering nice alternatives / accompaniments to current collectors. But I'm definitely not pinning my hopes on BF blowing everyone else out of the water and that means I'll probably be more content than others when I see it, rather than being disappointed. Unless it's awful of course!

I really have to give the kimchi one credit for being different to the other releases and, personally, I think it looks very nice on its own and along side other versions. It's a quality steel from a quality retailer who has a much higher success ratio than many others in the game. It isn't better than FS or Play but I never really expected it to be. It's not exactly that much worse either.

Of course it's all down to personal preference at the end of the day though. ;)

Last edited:
I agree about the FS and Play versions, but I keep seeing loads of comments with caveats like 'at least until BF comes out'. While I'm sure that BF will very probably be lovely, it will be hard pushed to better or be so much better than the other versions that they pale into insignificance. It will just be another variation on a cool title which we can get our hands on.

Of course people will hype it up when they get it and say it's the best etc, but when the dust settles it will just be an alternative rather than the new 'grail'. Those other earlier versions will stand the test of time as they have a very classic feel to them and are always sought after. Most people weren't collecting or can't afford / won't pay the price for the FS (or Play) versions, so kimchi and BF are offering nice alternatives / accompaniments to current collectors. But I'm definitely not pinning my hopes on BF blowing everyone else out of the water and that means I'll probably be more content than others when I see it, rather than being disappointed. Unless it's awful of course!

I really have to give the kimchi one credit for being different to the other releases and, personally, I think it looks very nice on its own and along side other versions. It's a quality steel from a quality retailer who has a much higher success ratio than many others in the game. It isn't better than FS or Play but I never really expected it to be. It's not exactly that much worse either.

Of course it's all down to personal preference at the end of the day though. ;)

The play one has certainly lost some value, selling for around £50 now rather than the £70 - 80 it had been at for ages. The play.com steel for the second film has now surpassed it in terms of re-sales value, £70 seeming to be the going rate for the second film now - as so many people have now picked up the new releases for the first film it does of course make perfect sense :)

I hope either (or both) Kimchi or Blufans do the second and in particular third films too! :thumbs: (But not for a good few months, I'm skint! :LOL:

Reactions: zoneism and rj531
WOOT!!!
Got my Christmas present just ahead of time!!! A huggggge thanks to my fellow Ninja @Apollon @Kaka1888 for helping me and all the others who offered me their help when I missed the pre-order on Kimchi (horrible mess, not adding to cart, etc...)!!!!
I'm helping a lot of people here and getting the same back is SOOOO rewarding!!! Thanks guys!!!!

Now my BIG question: To open... or not open... hum...
Img_3929.jpg

And now, I won't redo my complete collection picture yet... I'll wait for Blufans...:
IMG_3617b.jpg