Iron Man (ZBOX) (Blu-ray SteelBook Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 31st, 2015 (Zbox) and November 23rd 2015 (Steelbook)
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £39.99

zboxim.jpg

iron-man-2-580x337.jpg iron-man-2-2-580x337.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Zavvi are in this game tomake money, I find it hard to believe they would only have this only available to the z box when they could sell 3000-4000 individually at £25 a pop and I agree the 'guarantee' that buying the z box will secure your copy is pointless unless there is gong to be a general sale

I'd say it's as exclusive as the exclusive z box Dredd badge that is now available on the site to buy individually, that was also a freebie when you preordered the Star Wars steelbooks :confused: was given away as a freebie when you ordered a renegades z box and is also being given away as a freebie when you buy a 'my geek box' from IWOOT - also part of the hut group...

I saw that today, I knew they had bought popinabox but didn't realise they had bought mygeekbox aswell

I was almost tempted to get the badge but having the luck to see an unboxing of the mygeekbox toons box, what a load of **** nowhere near worth the £18 to buy it.

I have sent Zavvi a message to provide accurate information in regards to the Steelbook availability

I asked them to provide 100% accurate information
1)Is the Steelbook exclusive to the Zbox as advertised
Renegades ZBOX with exclusive Iron Man Limited Edition Lenticular Steelbook

2)Is the Iron Man steelbook going to be made available on its own at any stage

3) If yes the steelbook will be available on its own then to make available to pre order before a Renegades Zbox has been shipped or have payment taken

I made it clear in my message that if the steelbook is announced to be available on its own after payment for the Renegades Zbox has been taken and shipped
I will be requesting a full refund as its not exclusive to the Zbox if they announce the steelbook on its own

They just replied to me with this answer
Zavvi
I couldn't comment on this, I will have this passed on to our trading department to confirm whether this will be released on it's own.

If they are planning to make available the Steelbook on its own you can expect this to happen very quickly as a I made it very clear to them in the message
I also said in the message if it is 100% exclusive to the Zbox that's fine but this needs to be 100% confirmed so no confusion happens later

i get where you coming from, i personally don't think they will answer myself at all.
one thought i have had lets say they do what your saying and you ask for a refund which i think they will honor myself but still got hassle of sending all back.

Also if this does happen will you be reporting it to trading standards and fully following it all up or is this just about you getting a refund if you see where im coming from?

cheers
basil :thumbs:

Renegades ZBOX with exclusive Iron Man Limited Edition Lenticular Steelbook - September

Its back available to pre order

Email Notice
If you missed out on getting your hands on the Zavvi Exclusive Iron Man Limited Edition Steelbook with a Lenticular cover now’s your chance. Back on site while stock lasts! Act fast to avoid disappointment.

I wonder how many cancelled their orders

Just got an e-mail from Zavvi this is back for pre-order apparently, must be selling off some cancellations. In my opinion this steelbook will be available on its own at a later date, otherwise strange, as they could easily sell a load of these. I can't see Zavvi losing out on all those sales.

Last edited:
Renegades ZBOX with exclusive Iron Man Limited Edition Lenticular Steelbook - September

Its back available to pre order

Email Notice
If you missed out on getting your hands on the Zavvi Exclusive Iron Man Limited Edition Steelbook with a Lenticular cover now’s your chance. Back on site while stock lasts! Act fast to avoid disappointment.

I wonder how many cancelled their orders

I cancelled my order as well as I don't want the z-box to get the steelbook. Unless the steelbook appears on its own, I will not buy it. I cancelled most of my orders from zavvi anyway as I am more selective of the steelbooks I order!!

I dont care if its back on preorder. I'll never order a ****** zbox i dont want to get the steel, in that case id rather just skip the steel completely. Im not going to be tricked, fooled and spit on by Zavvi. They can try to scam someone else, but not me.

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
It should be obvious to all but a few members that most of us would prefer to buy the steelbook BY ITSELF and not be forced to buy it only if it comes with the ZBOX.

This is a steelbook forum and not a ZBOX forum so any negative comments about the box that we are having our collective arms twisted to buy if we wish to add the steelbook to our collections is perfectly justified IMO.

This practice of tying in the two SHOULD NOT BE ENCOURAGED and the ZBOX should be available to buy by itself :thumbs: - which it is - and the steelbook should likewise be available to buy by itself - which it isn't (n) (ATM).

Please mods get rid of this mess of a thread. All excitement of this zbox is destroyed by constant complaints. Over and over the same.
As long as the posts are on topic we won't be deleting them. The fact that this release is tied to a Zbox is always going to create strong opinions. As long as it's kept respectful everyone is entitled to there own opinion.

Reactions: IRON MAN and luke98
I don't want to be saddled with a box of which I have no clue to what's inside it. I'd like to save that space for more steelbooks. I own the play.com, blu-fans and the Kimchidvd editions of the Steelbook and I am happy with them.

I don't want to be saddled with a box of which I have no clue to what's inside it. I'd like to save that space for more steelbooks. I own the play.com, blu-fans and the Kimchidvd editions of the Steelbook and I am happy with them.

I don't have any versions, so i shall be delighted and grateful to get one copy

I wish the mods would do something it's the same repetitive dribble endless

"..I hate zavvi, I hate the zbox, they better not do as they please with things they make and choose to give us for sale." Blah blah blah

Good to see cancellations, hopefully loads so this definately gets a single release.
I've noticed in the email it don't specify under a certain amount like the last email under 500 left.