Iron Man (ZBOX) (Blu-ray SteelBook Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 31st, 2015 (Zbox) and November 23rd 2015 (Steelbook)
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £39.99

zboxim.jpg

iron-man-2-580x337.jpg iron-man-2-2-580x337.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It may have escaped some peoples' notice that the many orders for this ZBOX have caused it to sell out.
It should also be pointed out that the contents were no better or worse than expected.
What 'great things' should one expect for a box with a 15 - 20 quid price tag for heaven's sake !
As pointed out previously the 'value' of the contents add up to more than the cost of the ZBOX and anyone expecting high value items inside must be living in cloud-cuckoo-land.

What the buyers have done is to hopefully "guarantee" what may turn out to be a v. nice steelbook and even if the steelbook does appear as a standalone next month I expect the remaining copies to be pounced on by re-sellers putting down orders en masse and I along with others had better be on the ball to secure a copy.

Last edited:
So if they can combine those Marvel steelbooks with any zbox, that may mean the steelbooks will be available separately someday.
Iron Man Steelbook is only available with the Zbox for now
It will depend on how many they sell for it to be available on its own
They have decided to make it available again but only at the moment with the new Heroes & Villains Zbox

Heroes & Villains ZBOX with exclusive Iron Man Limited Exclusive Lenticular Steelbook
Back in Stock
http://www.zavvi.com/zbox/heroes-vi...-exclusive-lenticular-steelbook/11171669.html
Yes, but what if I wanted to buy both Captain America & Iron Man? I shall buy two Heroes & Villains zboxes?
Yes :LOL::rofl:
Its a bit mad I know but at the moment that's the only way to get both
Once again, Zavvi cease to amaze me...

I openly admit I bought the Renegades ZBOX/Iron Man Lenticular Steelbook bundle as I wanted the Iron Man Steel and I managed to purchase at £33.99 (15% off).

But there's NO WAY I would buy another ZBOX again. Previously bought into the COPS ZBOX/Dredd Steel but at least I actually liked the large Dredd badge and numbered Dredd keychain.

Nothing in the latest Renegades ZBOX was really to my own personal taste. (Deadpool Funko plush a slight exception) LOL :p

I'd like the Captain America also but can't bring myself to buy another Zavvi ZBOX/Steelbook Combo... :banghead:

I am slightly annoyed this different zbox is now avaliable with the iron man steelbook. As I just know my luck, and this new Heroes one asks for size meaning it's got a tshirt, so I just know it's going to be better than the **** renegades one we all got :(

I am slightly annoyed this different zbox is now avaliable with the iron man steelbook. As I just know my luck, and this new Heroes one asks for size meaning it's got a tshirt, so I just know it's going to be better than the **** renegades one we all got :(
There is no T-Shirt with Heroes & Villains Zbox/Iron Man or Captain America Steelbook combos
The Zbox/Steelbook combos are not a Monthly Subscription but one off purchases

The standalone Heroes & Villains Zbox on its own is a monthly plan and that's why it asks for your T-Shirt Size so if a future Zbox in your Monthly Plan has a T-Shirt they know what Size you need
This is the one month plan. By purchasing you will be signed up to a monthly subscription, with payment being taken in the first week of each month.

There won't be a T-shirt with the Heroes & Villains Zbox

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flash
There is no T-Shirt with Heroes & Villains Zbox/Iron Man or Captain America Steelbook combos
The Zbox/Steelbook combos are not Monthly plans but one off purchases

The standalone Heroes & Villains Zbox on its own is a monthly plan and that's why it asks for your T-Shirt Size so if future Zbox in your Monthly Plan has a T-Shirt they know what Size you need

Ah I didn't notice that was on my phone earlier when I read it.

So have they removed that you can just buy one zbox then?

Are they just taking the size for when (if) they include a shirt at some point?

Last edited:
Ah I didn't notice that was on my phone earlier when I read it. So have they removed that you can just buy one zbox then?

Are they just taking the size for when (if) they include a shirt at some point?
Yes they have removed the option to buy the latest Zbox on its own you are signing up to a monthly subscription but you can cancel at any stage if you require to do so

The Zbox/Steelbooks combos are not a monthly subscription but one off only purchases
So when you order the Zbox/Steelbook Combo you have not subscribed to a monthly plan

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flash
Yes they have removed the option to buy the latest Zbox on its own you are signing up to a monthly subscription but you can cancel at any stage if you require to do so

The Zbox/Steelbooks combos are not a monthly subscription but one off only purchases
So when you order the Zbox/Steelbook you have not subscribed to a monthly plan

Ah I see, I didn't realise that. I mean they are pretty terrible the zboxes, and we have only got them stuck in some sort of bundle or to get money off like they did with Roger Rabbit, but I think that is a mistake by them not allowing people to just buy one if they wanted.

So now Zavvi is going to team the 'Iron Man' steelbook with the 'Heroes & Villains' ZBOX and when they have hopefully shifted another 1,000 (or whichever amount) of this particular combo then I wonder which will be the next ZBOX to be teamed with this steelbook . . . ?
If the print run of this steelbook is 4,000 then they will have to sell a lot of ZBOXs if they wish to keep the steelbook exclusive to a - to ANY - ZBOX.

Any Iron Man stuff in THIS box even if it's just an Iron Man Pop Vinyl figure ?

Last edited:
I still don't get it. €55.99 for the (IMHO) least attractive Iron Man 1 Steelbook artwork yet. If you save up this amount every month, you will be able to buy the FutureShop edition within 8 months on eBay.
Totally agree with you.

Or you could just opt for the Kimchi one which will have a superior lenticular slip anyway!!

Reactions: psychoscot
Zavvi as the exclusive retailer of these combos can of course do what they want regarding how they wish to market them.

I personally would NEVER BUY a steelbook if I have to buy a ZBOX to get it no matter how attractive the contents of said box but that's more out of principal than anything else and that may mean that I'll miss out on this or future releases if in the unlikely event they are ONLY twinned with a ZBOX.

As a collector of U.K. steelbooks since the beginning I am only interested in buying steelbooks and not mystery giftboxes and if I wish to buy stocking fillers/gifts for friends & family I'd pop out to Toys 'R Us or to a similar establishment to get them.

The cost of GBP 40 to buy one of these steelbooks, or others only offered with ZBOXs, is also a consideration as I feel these U.K. STEELBOOKS ARE NOT WORTH such an amount of money for what you get - on the other hand some of those Collector's Edition Steelbooks from abroad ARE worth that kind of outlay IMO thanks to the amount of extras actually included in the steelbook package :)

Reactions: dLux
Can't believe they are now pushing the iron Man steel with the new Zbox bundle!
Just put the steel on its own listing!

Also if new customers want the iron Man steel and the captain america steel then they have to order the hero and villains Zbox twice!! Awful