Is Bigger Better? (As in Steelbooks!) - Jumbo vs Slim Steelbooks

I think they are OK but i prefere normal G2 Steels. They look better in my opinion and they have inside artwork! On top of that the jumbos take up to much space.

I was just looking through this thread and then looked at the Jumbos I had and the G1's and it dawned on me that I have always regarded Fast & Furious (UK) set as a Jumbo. It's not, it's just a regular G1, very plain one at that. Suppose the plastic slipcover just makes it look bigger. Personally have nothing against them: have the usual suspects as well as F & F:L'Integrale (FR) and most recent addition of The Dark Planet (DE).

I much rather prefer slim.
I've modified my Jurassic Park, Monsters Inc and Up! The only one I kept is LOTR.

And here's a post from another thread that I thought could be usefull here:
Just a quick mod I've made to make fit my GmbH sleeves (from Masterblaster GB) for a Jumbo:
attachment.php

It's 2 sleeves cut and reglued together. It's not perfect (look at the spine) BUT for me, it will do the job and protect my LOTR jumbo :)

More:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
i really like my band of brothers and the pacific tin. would love to see some other series in a similiar way. imagine all your favorite tv shows as a complete set in a tin. :D

Only own the Dark Knight/Batman Begins jumbo, and I love it!

Would like to see things like Family Guy get a jumbo, which would probably be required due
to the amount of discs.

I think jumbo steelbooks look better than say three separate amaray cases stuck inside a cardboard box, like the UK releases of Spiderman Trilogy or Matrix Trilogy for example. These would look much nicer in a jumbo steelbook or even a standard G2 steelbook for that matter.

The only jumbo I have in my collection is UP FS. Personally don't really like them and will only source if they're rare, hence the 1 in my collection :thumbs: