Is Bigger Better? (As in Steelbooks!) - Jumbo vs Slim Steelbooks

Im totally against jumbo Steelbooks. They look in the middle(plastic) and in the inside very cheap. It would be better the labels use for disc sets over 4 discs Tin boxes like the Pacific(with this nice grain) finish. They have in the middel part metal, not plastic and in the inside the labels can put amarays ore nice digipaks, which looks more collector friendly.

I hope more Tin boxes are coming in the future.

I think Jumbo is perfect for special releases with a lot of discs/content. I don't see the point of Jumbo for single disc/single movie releases unless it contains something extra, like a large booklet or something.

I don't like them that much, but I don't have any yet so I could change my mind.

From the pictures I saw, I still think slim Steelbook's are better and prettier :)

I like jumbos for multi movie sets and TV seasons. Otherwise, you are probably ending up with a slim cardboard package about the same thickness, a box with individual boxes inside which is bigger than a jumbo or, *shiver* a disgusting thin box with multiple thin cases inside.

In any of those cases, a jumbo steel adds a steel to my collection which is a plus in my book!

Last edited:
Reactions: Steeler
I like them big ! but take to much place in the collection :(

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

This is me little collection :)

11244706183_e636c04329.jpg

11244709883_97b7e85dc8_c.jpg

Reactions: WKRP and BigFudge17
I like them big ! but take to much place in the collection :(

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

This is me little collection :)

11244706183_e636c04329.jpg

11244709883_97b7e85dc8_c.jpg

Is the jumbo LOTR region free or is region A I have found one on ebay and I am tempted I must say and in you photos looks real cool too! Great collection!

Can't say they are as nice as the normal slim steels. The first one I have bought was The Hobbit Extended, and I must admit I intend getting all the Tolkien extended steels, so as a collection lined up it will look Badass. Doubt I would buy other jumbo's though.

jumbos wouldn't be so bad if they could fix the spine. The way the title plate doesn't cover the entire spine leaving exposed metal is ugly, and than on top of that, the title plate is often misaligned. They do seem cheap.

At the moment I only have one Jumbo and that's the modern warfare collection from Zavvi (amazingly they sent me a g2 which is weird cos everyone else seems to have G1. That's a win for me). I agree that some tv series or film series would be nice in jumbos. Like psychoscot says, the Tolkien extended editions all lined up on a shelf together would be really nice but having a one off movie like up in jumbo just wouldn't work for me. But that's just personal choice. Some jumbos do look really nice though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk