Steelcouch LY206854201CN
rschiks LZ378116044CN
Shadowscythe85 LY206854215CN
Mefisto from Hell LZ378116058CN
kingkarl1967 LZ378115931CN
phate11 LZ378116061CN

Last edited by a moderator:
i believe the actual WWA steelbook is matte... so i guess not
yea but I think even with WWA art the retailer can up the quality. For example HMV WWA for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was embossed, Zavvi WWA for Dr Strange had embossing on the back and title on spine. Theres been a few other instances where BB is matte and zavvi is glossy etc.

yea but I think even with WWA art the retailer can up the quality. For example HMV WWA for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was embossed, Zavvi WWA for Dr Strange had embossing on the back and title on spine. Theres been a few other instances where BB is matte and zavvi is glossy etc.
With WWA steelbooks it's the film distributor not the retailer who decide that what the finish and embossing/debossing is

Sometimes yes you can have regional differences between WWA releases in terms of finish and embossing in between different countries in Europe that's down to the distributor

USA is steelbooks are made in different scanavo plants to Europe/Asia that is why you can get differences with USA and UK WWA steelbooks as they are different distributors to each other

Example Disney Europe is different distributor to Disney USA

Zavvi/HMV/Amazon/Hmv for example are only a retailers not distributors they don't do any any artwork design they are just offered what's the distributor has for sale with some been exclusive to that retailer.
Retailers can be offered exclusives that are slightly different to other retailers in same region but have same artwork
Example HMV Spider-Man Homecoming same artwork with different finish

It's different though when it comes to WEA releases with the likes of HDzeta/Manta/Nova/Kimchi/FilmArena as they get involved with the design of the steelbooks

This release though is WWA it will be same steelbook that others retailers have for sale in China and Europe as in matte finish
HDzeta do the design of the Lenti and Full Slip and the other items in the release excluding the steelbook as that is WWA

Last edited:
With WWA steelbooks it's the film distributor not the retailer who decide that what the finish and embossing/debossing is

Sometimes yes you can have regional differences between WWA releases in terms of finish and embossing in between different countries in Europe that's down to the distributor

USA is steelbooks are made in different scanavo plants to Europe/Asia that is why you can get differences with USA and UK WWA steelbooks as they are different distributors to each other

Example Disney Europe is different distributor to Disney USA

Zavvi/HMV/Amazon/Hmv for example are only a retailers not distributors they don't do any any artwork design they are just offered what's the distributor has for sale with some been exclusive to that retailer.
Retailers can be offered exclusives that are slightly different to other retailers in same region but have same artwork
Example HMV Spider-Man Homecoming same artwork with different finish

It's different though when it comes to WEA releases with the likes of HDzeta/Manta/Nova/Kimchi/FilmArena as they get involved with the design of the steelbooks

This release though is WWA it will be same steelbook that others retailers have for sale in China and Europe as in matte finish
HDzeta do the design of the Lenti and Full Slip and the other items in the release excluding the steelbook as that is WWA

Is it not possible for the retailer to push for certain requests though? Like it seems Zavvi has been pushing for spine titles with disney releases while the rest of Europe is still getting faces. The HMV Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was the only WWA with embossing while every other european country had none. Why would the distributor want the UK to get embossing but no one else?

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Is it not possible for the retailer to push for certain requests though? Like it seems Zavvi has been pushing for spine titles with disney releases while the rest of Europe is still getting faces. The HMV Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was the only WWA with embossing while every other european country had none. Why would the distributor want the UK to get embossing but no one else?
I always wondered this too....

Retailer can make suggestions and these can be sometimes accepted but finial decisions on artwork and finish are made by the distributor and film studio

You can also get differences between WWA steelbooks simply because of a decision made by the film studio (distributor) and was not requested by the retailer.

There has been a few WWA steelbooks that was same artwork but different finish and with exclusive embossing and sometimes the retailer knew about the differences from the start and a few times they only found out when they got delivery.

Last edited:
hi guys long shot here but does anyone know roughly when hdzeta will be releasing this as i am holding out for it or if they are doing this release at all ?any info would appreciate it.

hi guys long shot here but does anyone know roughly when hdzeta will be releasing this as i am holding out for it or if they are doing this release at all ?any info would appreciate it.
some silver label titles gonna be released after their Chinese New Year holiday..I'm excited for this, Baby Driver and Blade Runner

I really really dislike this word wide steelbook art, reason why i havent bought any steelbook for this yet. The Slip looks great thou but im really hopping for someone to do a release for this movie properly.

• Thanks
Reactions: luke98