UK
Release date: January 15, 2018
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £17.99
Group buy: HMV GB hosted by Cooey HERE

01-65800.jpg

04-65800.jpg 02-65800.jpg 03-65800.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I awoke to an email telling me that HMV cancelled my preorder (I ordered it the moment it went live)

In fairness my CC expired and there was no option to update my new cards details so I assumed HMV would contact me first and not downright cancel the order.

Anyone have any experience of this? I'm assuming that one of the copies that came back in stock a few hours ago was my order :(
Hmv will always cancel an order if payment fails
Hmv don't provide option to change payment method if payment fails
You have to do a new order when this happens

Hmv Website
Can I change the card details on an existing order?

You can add a payment card during the checkout process. If you wish to change the payment details for an existing order, please cancel the order and place a new order using the new card details

Hmv Website

You can add a payment card during the checkout process. If you wish to change the payment details for an existing order, please cancel the order and place a new order using the new card details
Uh oh! Wasn't aware of that... I have outstanding pre-orders and my card expires in March. Thankfully the items are currently still available though, so I'll probably just cancel my original orders and reorder using PayPal.

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland

Hmv Website

I'm sorry but HMV are fooking assholes then.

Most company's give you a chance to pay. Even Zavvi!

Ordered it on day one and now someone rolls up today and gets my copy (probably to sell on at a huge profit now that it's unobtainable.

So even if I contacted HMV weeks ago to change my details they wouldn't have been able to without me re-ordering it?

At least to soften the blow my lenticular copy turned up today from Amazon and I've just watched the movie again.

I will be going for HDZETAs premium package and I'll be thinking long and hard before I give these cowboys my cash again.

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
I'm sorry but HMV are fooking assholes then.

Most company's give you a chance to pay. Even Zavvi!

Ordered it on day one and now someone rolls up today and gets my copy (probably to sell on at a huge profit now that it's unobtainable.

So even if I contacted HMV weeks ago to change my details they wouldn't have been able to without me re-ordering it?

At least to soften the blow my lenticular copy turned up today from Amazon and I've just watched the movie again.

I will be going for HDZETAs premium package and I'll be thinking long and hard before I give these cowboys my cash again.

Yes it's not cool they should have like amazon the ability to update payment method

To fix it though Hmv would need to change who they use process payments with orders and the system they use
Payment details can't be saved in your account

Payment method can only be done during checkout and is stored with company that HMV use to process the payments and not with Hmv themselves.
You can't tell also in your order history what card you used with your order which can be a problem if you forgot which one you used
I have 3 different cards and I have in the past forgot which one I used on a HMV pre order and on one occasion nearly went over my credit limit for that card

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012