Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: It Comes at Night (2017)

Genre: Thriller, Mystery, Horror

Director: Trey Edward Shults

Cast: Joel Edgerton, Christopher Abbott, Carmen Ejogo, Kelvin Harrison, Riley Keough, Griffin Robert Faulkner, David Pendleton, Chase Joliet, Mick O'Rourke, Mikey

Release: 2017-06-09

Runtime: 97

Plot: A father will stop at nothing to protect his wife and son from a malevolent, mysterious presence terrorizing them right outside their doorstep.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: lolwut
Poster :photo:

it-comes-at-night-poster.jpg

• Helpful Post
Reactions: lolwut
Ohhh this looks good! Surprised to see this thread is practically dead. Have you seen this one @tridon?

Thanks for bringing it to my attention @Flloydo. :thumbs:

This looks damn good! I love the cinematography and music. I think it'll fit in perfectly with the other great, low(er)-budget horror films of the past few years (The Witch, It Follows, The Babadook).

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles
This looks damn good! I love the cinematography and music. I think it'll fit in perfectly with the other great, low(er)-budget horror films of the past few years (The Witch, It Follows, The Babadook).
You just reminded me that I still need to check out The Witch... heard nothing but great things!

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and tridon

Completely agree with everything you just there.

Can't wait to see this. Got me intrigued and well made trailer

You just reminded me that I still need to check out The Witch... heard nothing but great things!

Agree with what tridon says, slow burner but great.

Would love a steel with just the English title

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Noodles
this was very high on my watch list, finally got to see it and thought it was great. Not what I was expecting though although I kinda half had a hunch.

It's a slow one but very atmospheric and moody. Reminded me of the road in ways

Great acting and directing

I'm assuming it's the fear and paranoia that comes at night although I still want to know what the dog ran after and got killed by - I'm also guessing it's the rest of that family's others group that did it

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
this was very high on my watch list, finally got to see it and thought it was great. Not what I was expecting though although I kinda half had a hunch.

It's a slow one but very atmospheric and moody. Reminded me of the road in ways

Great acting and directing

I'm assuming it's the fear and paranoia that comes at night although I still want to know what the dog ran after and got killed by - I'm also guessing it's the rest of that family's others group that did it

Finally watched this the other day and while the acting and atmosphere were great, I felt it left too many unanswered questions to be something I'd ever want to watch again.

Like you said, what happened to the dog? They definitely lead you on, making you think that there's a creature or something lurking in the woods. I assumed that was the 'it' that comes at night... but alas, we're left not having a clue what the 'it' is (nightmares, maybe?).

Good flick, but nothing great.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Finally watched this the other day and while the acting and atmosphere were great, I felt it left too many unanswered questions to be something I'd ever want to watch again.

Like you said, what happened to the dog? They definitely lead you on, making you think that there's a creature or something lurking in the woods. I assumed that was the 'it' that comes at night... but alas, we're left not having a clue what the 'it' is (nightmares, maybe?).

Good flick, but nothing great.

Yeah I have to admit the title is a bit misleading because I was expecting a bit more. I did really enjoy it though as much as I did say the road but both are films I can't watch continuously. Maybe every couple of years.

I would still own it because I like the tone, acting and it's quite brutal in the sense of how they live, the rules and what happens etc

I was also expecting a creature tbh, that's what I thought it was from day 1 of seeing the trailer but about 40 mins in I thought the whole "creature" is our minds.
I think the "it" is fear, paranoia and like you say nightmares. Our minds in that situation are the worst enemy and Obviously the infection was real which makes the whole fear even more heightened.
It could of actually made quite a dark, tasteful and serious zombie film from the setting and how they are. Was thinking that last night.

I think the guys who ambush them were really the new family's other group (he f*cks up and mentions his brother but then says it's her brother but that could of also been a genuine mistake). I'm assuming the new family were the lure and they used them as bait because it's more believable and less hostile than say 3 or 4 men turning up to their ranch asking for food and water. I think they were going to get comfortable with them and then the rest of the group will attack them and keep the ranch but the (new) family knew they weren't f*cking with average joes so they decided to abort the mission. I'm also guessing the dog sensed one of the other guys from the group, it ran after them and they killed it and placed it in the pantry to freak them out more and get them scared (whatever that room was).

Either that or the black kid was sick earlier on and doing weird sh*t without knowing it but it don't explain the dog

• Thanks
Yeah I have to admit the title is a bit misleading because I was expecting a bit more. I did really enjoy it though as much as I did say the road but both are films I can't watch continuously. Maybe every couple of years.

I would still own it because I like the tone, acting and it's quite brutal in the sense of how they live, the rules and what happens etc

I was also expecting a creature tbh, that's what I thought it was from day 1 of seeing the trailer but about 40 mins in I thought the whole "creature" is our minds.
I think the "it" is fear, paranoia and like you say nightmares. Our minds in that situation are the worst enemy and Obviously the infection was real which makes the whole fear even more heightened.
It could of actually made quite a dark, tasteful and serious zombie film from the setting and how they are. Was thinking that last night.

I think the guys who ambush them were really the new family's other group (he f*cks up and mentions his brother but then says it's her brother but that could of also been a genuine mistake). I'm assuming the new family were the lure and they used them as bait because it's more believable and less hostile than say 3 or 4 men turning up to their ranch asking for food and water. I think they were going to get comfortable with them and then the rest of the group will attack them and keep the ranch but the (new) family knew they weren't f*cking with average joes so they decided to abort the mission. I'm also guessing the dog sensed one of the other guys from the group, it ran after them and they killed it and placed it in the pantry to freak them out more and get them scared (whatever that room was).

Either that or the black kid was sick earlier on and doing weird sh*t without knowing it but it don't explain the dog

I felt like the black kid was sleepwalking and doing weird s#it while he was sleeping. The way the camera faded to black every time he was about to fall asleep kinda gave me that impression. Then something would almost always happen after he woke up from his weird dreams. ... Plus he didn't like cupcakes or ice cream or cookies. There was something clearly wrong with him. :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I felt like the black kid was sleepwalking and doing weird s#it while he was sleeping. The way the camera faded to black every time he was about to fall asleep kinda gave me that impression. Then something would almost always happen after he woke up from his weird dreams. ... Plus he didn't like cupcakes or ice cream or cookies. There was something clearly wrong with him. :LOL:

:LOL:

Yeah anyone who don't like cupcakes, ice cream or cookies clearly has issues or messed up in the head.

Motive for a cereal killer

Yeah so a part of me thinks what you say with the sleepwalking but it still don't explain certain things. I do think it was him that opened the door after he found the kid in his granddads room plus thy mention sleepwalking to the other guy about their son so it could be a little hint about the black kid but I do think the "it" in the title is fear and paranoia. I'm positive

It could also be that the other family are legit and no harm but the edgerton family were so paranoid it might of freaked them out causing more panic and paranoia when they decided to leave. It all kicks off because the black kid hears them say they want to leave which really isn't a bad thing but it goes south badly

Also it's possible the vivid nightmares were due to him being sick all along and possibly caught the infection from his grandad before he died. Because it all over a few days. The other family might of clocked on to this and another reason why they wanted to leave. Because as soon as Joel kills them all the black kid has boils etc

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database