It's my honour to finally properly introduce you to

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
The former Play.com Product Buyer of SteelBooks.

All this time his identity has been kept secret. He gave the go-ahead to do this introduction and it's truly an honor / honour.

He's a hardcore collector now like many of you. And I may have had a lot to do with that. :joy:

Some things that he's responsible of making happen and credit to the HDN Staff as well. @digitalbabe @apsmith21

Winner of a 'SB Of The Year' award, the Terminator HDN voted inside art, an end to printed logos and rears, mandatory inside art, front & rear 'bossing, a few grail reprints saved and countless other industry firsts and disasters avoided.

He was one of the first and most active Product Buyers to work hand in hand with HDN for many things and it's been an absolute joy working with him throughout the years.

You all might know him as .... @zoneism :thumbs:

If you own any great Play Steels he had a lot to do with them and he's a Ninja for life! :woot:

Last edited:
@snooloui I do like the ES exclusives, but I don't work there if that's what you are asking. My current whereabouts falls into top secret territory again I'm afraid :naughty: :p

You did used to amaze me at how fast you posted stuff just after I listed it on Play though bud. Mad ninja skills!! :OMG:

Reactions: harry and snooloui
Wow. I feel star-struck, @zoneism has replied to my comments before.

I feel like a pre-teen girl at a One Direction concert. :LOL:

Thanks for your efforts, I have been gradually adding more Play.com steels to my collection. You were part of the the golden era of Steelbooks, have pride in that! :thumbs:

Whatever floats your boat my friend. J/K

Reactions: UpsetSmiley
@zoneism
I won't ask for you to say who you now work for
Just one question though
Is who you work for now involved with steelbook releases

I could post my guess who it is but I wont just in case I'm right :LOL:

I'm curious though when your were product buyer with play was there any releases that did not happen and can you let us know what some of them were and if possible why they did not happen

Thanks
Paul

Reactions: eps999
@paulboland I will inevitably be involved with SteelBooks in one way or another. I'm in too deep to get out now!! :p But that's all I'm going to say ;)

Of course there were releases which didn't happen. Sometimes there is too much red tape from the relevant departments to be able to get sign off on what could have been very awesome SteelBooks. In many instances we stepped away from releasing a title instead of releasing something with sub par artwork. But sometimes there is so little artwork available that you have to go with what's on offer.

That's what made releases like The Terminator so enjoyable. We pushed for as many unique features as we could to make it special and it paid off.

I agree. Play.com did a lot of great things for collectors. I own and cherish many of their exclusives but they did start a revolution where retailers and studios realised the potential profitability of Steelbooks for better or for worse.
isn't that what businesses and investors are in business for? :LOL:

Reactions: harry
Wow! I knew Wreck said some of the people who made the decisions on steelbooks watched the forum but until about this last year I didn't know how active as members and collectors they were. Thanks @zoneism

Reactions: Wreck and zoneism
Even before knowing this about @zoneism, Luke has always been and will continue to be a FU**ING AWESOME NINJA!!! :woot: :notworthy: I'll never forget the AVATAR Gift Set he gave me when I 1st came here 2 years ago! :thumbs:
AWESOME!.jpg
THANKS my friend! :cool: I continue to appreciate it! :)

Because of this great generosity that you showed me, I knew this place was unlike any other! Members like YOU are the definition of a TRUE Ninja! :thumbs: Reasons why I continue to say, "HDN FU**ING ROCKS!" :notworthy:

THANKS for everything buddy! :)
A true Ninja @zoneism!!!!! Stealthy and kept quiet, just taking notes and reading posts. Making Great decisions for Steels :D
@ocielz EPIC Message Cabron!!! :drool: :woot: :cool: :notworthy: :D

Wow! Zoney was the man behind Play? Who woulda guessed. Very nice guy, glad he kept the Play IM different than the FS version. That would have been an absolute disaster for steel collecting in general. Oh yeah, thanks to Wreck for his part too. There's gotta some people that respect this hobby enough representing this hobby at high levels.

@snooloui I do like the ES exclusives, but I don't work there if that's what you are asking. My current whereabouts falls into top secret territory again I'm afraid :naughty: :p

You did used to amaze me at how fast you posted stuff just after I listed it on Play though bud. Mad ninja skills!! :OMG:

So your at zavvi now?