Now Streaming Jack Ryan (Season 4) [Amazon Prime]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
JACK RYAN (TV SERIES)

Amazon
is moving forward with plans for a Jack Ryan series, based on the character created by Tom Clancy. Today, Deadline has a major update, reporting that The Office and 13 Hours star John Krasinski has taken the title role.

The Jack Ryan series will reportedly show Ryan “in his prime” as a CIA operative, providing a new take from the films and using the various books from author Tom Clancy’s bibliography as a jumping off point for a contemporary narrative.

Writer Graham Roland will executive produce the series along with Lost‘s Carlton Cuse is and Lindsey Springer of Carlton Cuse Productions. In addition, Platinum Dunes co-founders Michael Bay, Brad Fuller and Andrew Form will executive produce the Jack Ryan series with Mace Neufeld, who produced all five films based on the Ryan character.

JackRyan.jpg

Last edited:
Amazon greenlights 10 episodes of John Krasinski's JackRyan series.

Amazon is welcoming Jack Ryan to its programming slate in a big way.

The streaming giant announced Tuesday it has greenlit 10 episodes of the John Krasinski-starring Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, a new drama series based on the late author’s popular line of novels.

Krasinksi was previously confirmed to star as the titular character, a CIA analyst, in April. Alec Baldwin, Harrison Ford, Ben Affleck, and Chris Pine previously took on the role in movies, but Krasinski will be the first to portray the character in a series.

The one-hour series will be a modern reinvention of the Clancy-created character, following Ryan as he’s “thrust into a dangerous field assignment for the first time,” according to a press release.

Paramount and Skydance Television are co-producing the series, which will be executive-produced by Lost’s Carlton Cuse, Graham Roland, Michael Bay, Brad Fuller, Andrew Form, David Ellison, Dana Goldberg, Marcy Ross, Mace Neufeld, and Lindsey Springer.

“We’re excited to add the Jack Ryan global franchise to our robust originals pipeline,” Roy Price, head of Amazon Studios’ media development, said via statement. “Our customers will enjoy a compelling adaptation of the action-packed spy thriller book series, further raising the bar for the quality level of storytelling that has made Prime Video a leading destination for content.”

As an Amazon original series, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan will be available to Prime subscribers at a future (currently unannounced) date.

is this worth watching I have so many things on my list don't want to waste my time

How do you feel about John Krasinski?
I personally really like the show... but thats in part because I really like him (as an actor).

It's only 8 episodes so not hard to catch up before season 2.

Finished watching season 2 tonight. Solid season though I didn't feel it was as good as season 1. Probably as season 2 wasn't as action-packed as the first.