Jason Bourne's Man-Cave :)

well I will be by an ikea next month .... so maybe grab some then. For now I just want one to test it out etc. If i like and want a bunch more I will look for cheaper alternative ... thx for help

No problem :) Sounds like a plan.

Also each shelf is rated for a max weight load of 16.5 pounds FYI. As per my display you can see you get in 8 steels per shelf and they add up to 3.1 pounds give or take after weighing them... so no weight issues either. But if your paranoid... get an anchor for screws that dont hit studs.

Small update to my man cave...

Project Display case... (clicky pics for larger)

Lights Off...

IMG_1286.jpg

Lights On...

IMG_1290.jpg

Top...

IMG_1289.jpg

First Shelf...

IMG_1291.jpg

Second Shelf...

IMG_1292.jpg

Third Shelf... (new Batman books in there :oohyeah:)

IMG_1295.jpg

Fourth Shelf (really dark and I hate using flash, but, new Avengers book in there :oohyeah:)

IMG_1296.jpg

Resident Evil Shelf...

IMG_1229.jpg

Nice display with the books in there too!!

At the moment I have room to display about 3 steels face out so might look at a similar style display cabinet to put in the corner

Reactions: Jason Bourne
Nice display with the books in there too!!

At the moment I have room to display about 3 steels face out so might look at a similar style display cabinet to put in the corner

Thanks pal. Definitely consider getting one of these, I highly recommend it. Keeps everything inside dust free too (relatively).

Reactions: zoneism
Looking good man! Good idea at stickin art books in there. I definitely need more of those detolf shelves but no room for now unfortunately.

Reactions: Jason Bourne
Looking good man! Good idea at stickin art books in there. I definitely need more of those detolf shelves but no room for now unfortunately.

^^^ Thanks. Yeah those art books are really awesome. Im enjoying going through them very much.

Nice setup Jason. Now I see why you were asking about the dusting issue. I think you have as much as I have to dust. You did a great job bud!

^^^ Thanks. Yes, now you know why. Dust is the enemy! So hard to keep things dust free. My setup will actually be changing a fair amount over the next few months and the new display I added was a partial part of that change. Shall see how it works out.

Loving them shelves mate..... Thats got my old wheels turning for the space issue in my little cave :D I can see some plans a-changing :hilarious:

Thanks man. Haha, your welcome ;) Love seeing everyone's setup's evolve and change over time. My setup will look significantly different come next year March/April ish' I think.

Thanks, I seen it on the IKEA website and thought it was very reasonably priced considering I found others for over $1000. I'm getting into collectible figure and might have to just order one of these.

Thanks, I seen it on the IKEA website and thought it was very reasonably priced considering I found others for over $1000. I'm getting into collectible figure and might have to just order one of these.

Yeah the "Detolf" cases are very reasonably priced for what they are. They display stuff very nicely, especially collectible figures, and most importantly dust free (or just about).

Honestly I dont have the space or I would have just gotten 4-5 of them. I do however have space for two of them so Ill be getting another one soon. I think Im going to build a custom base and put two units together on top of it. This way they will get raised and add a little bit of more storage/display space at the bottom. Again probably do this later in like March or so when I do some updates to the room.

NICE!!! The question is...... Will you have enough room for Resident Evil 5 steelbook (Movie) on that shelf :eek:

Thanks. It looks like there wont be enough space for the RE5 on the shelf. Unless I get creative, even then it will be cramped. Probably time to move the RE steels elsewhere when #5 comes along later this month and put something else there. Maybe Ill turn that shelf into a Gladiator shelf since I have 5 editions of that and it will fit perfectly :)

Reactions: ocielz