Joan Lee, Wife of Stan Lee, Passes Away at 93 :(

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Source: ScreenRant
stan lee and his wife.jpg

In extremely sad news, it’s been reported that Joan Lee, the wife of Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee, died Thursday in Los Angeles. She was 93 years old; the pair had been happily married for 69 years.

THR reported that she had suffered a stroke earlier in the week and had been subsequently hospitalized. In addition to a spokesperson for Stan Lee issuing an official statement, Marvel Cinematic Universe star Chadwick Boseman passed along his condolences to Lee and his family:

“I can confirm the sad news that Joan Lee passed away this morning quietly and surrounded by her family … The family ask that you please give them time to grieve and respect their privacy during this difficult time.”

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon

On April 14, 2017 Joe Quesada, Marvel’s Chief Creative Officer, sat down with Stan Lee at the Paley Center in Beverly Hills, Calif. The video below was originally planned to be part of a series from the event scheduled for release later this year. In remembrance of Joan Lee and her importance to Marvel and the history of comics as a whole, we felt it appropriate to release this now.

• Thanks
Reactions: ash333 and tridon
Everytime I saw Stan Lee, he'd talk about Joan with the most purest sense of love. 70 years together is incredible. That's longer than any of my grandparents lived. This news breaks my heart, so I can only imagine how broken Stan's heart must be. :(

a lot of times with the super elderly, once one goes ... the other isnt long after.

rest in paradise.