Release date: November 2nd, 2015
Purchase link: John Carter
Price: £16.99
Notes: Gloss

11107864-2054292701261869.jpg

11107864-7164287861931050.jpg

11107864-1634292701281681.jpg

Last edited:
Really liked the movie. :) Thinking about buying the German release, but did not buy because they do not really like.
Art from Zavvi I like :thumbs:, I hope for embossing on the front side. ;)

If you really liked the movie, than instead dip into the ones that are considered classic for that movie when it came out, either the Future Shop Exclusive or the Taiwan Version... both are so nice
4 - John Carter Viva Metal Front Open.jpgJC 1.jpgJohn Carter Front Disney China.jpg

Sorry about the pics they do not do the release justice in hands they are much nicer

If you really liked the movie, than instead dip into the ones that are considered classic for that movie when it came out, either the Future Shop Exclusive or the Taiwan Version... both are so nice
View attachment 154406View attachment 154407View attachment 154408

Sorry about the pics they do not do the release justice in hands they are much nicer
+1

I missed the Taiwan version and have not felt like paying eBay prices, so I would have jumped on this Zavvi one had it been the same art...

+1

I missed the Taiwan version and have not felt like paying eBay prices, so I would have jumped on this Zavvi one had it been the same art...

Yes it is quite stunning but at one point they were 250 each on ebay but I came across one at 100, that is a great deal for the Taiwan version as its worth really is higher...

Edit: just saw one at 80$ !!!! and 90 $ that is a great deal to find this that cheap on ebay ! saw the Chinese one which is a great deal 65$ and the Future shop can go from 100 to 175 depending on the seller and how many are out there. but I'd rather save a bit and go for one of the classic version as opposed to a re-release from Zavvi ??? :wow:

Last edited:
Yes it is quite stunning but at one point they were 250 each on ebay but I came across one at 100, that is a great deal for the Taiwan version as its worth really is higher...
They are less than $100 now, but I still don't want to bite. Especially with all the new releases we are dealing with :D

They are less than $100 now, but I still don't want to bite. Especially with all the new releases we are dealing with :D

I have to give you that, so many pre-orders right now I am going crazy I have so many F$#@ lollllll and they are not cheap... but for me I'd rather go for the classic and bite the bullet... just did that with Prince of Persia FS exclusive it is so stunning what an amazing release, any re-release which I doubt as this title wasn't popular but the FS version is insane, would not compare like John carter here... I was lucky I found a great deal on ebay but even it was expensive those suckers are really not cheap...same with wall-e, I fell upon a truly OCD copy of it, I had to jump on it, some say it is so simplistic but it has such a classic feel to it, for me it is the version to beat... FS ruled !

View attachment 154406View attachment 154407View attachment 154408

I fully agree with you :thumbs:, but releases on the photo to me are not available because of the high prices at the moment.
I choose the option on the basis of my finances at the moment. :(

I fully agree with you :thumbs:, but releases on the photo to me are not available because of the high prices at the moment.
I choose the option on the basis of my finances at the moment. :(

actually they are lower than ever !!! but true compared to a zavvi release it does make a difference on the wallet... we chose an expensive hobby, or it may have chosen me actually :cautious: ...son of a gun, doing this to me ! I'm broke because of him, but so worth it ! :angel:

Reactions: Actarus
I own all three and they are all excellent. VIvas were built like freakin' tanks.

Yes love those viva metal they were insane !!! happy to hear you have all of them :) all others also Cinderella and finding nemo 3D were totally insane, nemo has the exclusive picture with only dori and nemo hugging each other looking scared in front of the shark no other fish around, it was a clean very well designed cover not available on other releases.. and Cinderella also wow the slipper only and the Glossiness of that release was outstanding, nemo also.. they were actually all excellent quality I know there is something that happened legally with viva metal but it was better than a Futurepak that we have today, such a shame though... all John Carters were Vival Metal, really nice quality they were heavy as hell...

Singapore version is very very rare and a new copy could fetch big bucks. Taiwan version is nice, but the best IMO is Futureshop. I'll be getting the Zavvi version as it's a bargain price with 3D included (just like Oz the Great was).

Yes when I said china must have meant singapore but I get it in regards to getting zavvi for a bargain, I almost got wall-e luckily I missed out and made me get the future shop version, but this one was a real steelbook not viva metal

Happy to skip this one, poor effort and very bland, the head should be lower and fully in it, even then I don't like the artwork for the release. :meh:

Meh...easy pass. No need for me to add this. The viva releases were spectacular. The only 2 I needed I already have. Price seems really good though.

Too bad , again a release of a steelbook that has already been released more than 3 or 4 times
Why can't zavvi release steelbooks of movies that haven't been released: True Lies, The Abyss , just to name a few
and the future shop release and the asian versions are much better
jkugt2.jpg

352ox93.jpg

el9yyt.jpg

2vbor3c.jpg

Reactions: LloydJBailey
Too bad , again a release of a steelbook that has already been released more than 3 or 4 times
Why can't zavvi release steelbooks of movies that haven't been released: True Lies, The Abyss , just to name a few
and the future shop release and the asian versions are much better
jkugt2.jpg

352ox93.jpg

el9yyt.jpg

2vbor3c.jpg
We're still waiting on Blu-ray releases for these two so I don't see Zavvi having SteelBooks until then.