John Carter (3D Blu-ray Viva Metal Box) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Per Saybinator-June 5 release date.

It will be a 3D Blu-ray Combo with a MSRP of $39.99

john_carter1.jpg

The same description was used on FS site for the previous 'Viva Metal Cases'.

Per Saybinator at FS Forum, this will have Exclusive artwork only in Canada:

Update from our contact at Walt Disney Home Entertainment:

The Disney Global Product Team has confirmed other markets may have a collectable packaging in some format, but NONE of them will have a John Carter Collectable Package with the Artwork I previously posted.

Future Shop will have Global Exclusive Artwork on John Carter Collectable Packaging.

So like it or love it, exclusive artwork for Canadians!

John Carter Collectable Packaging will be up for pre-order soon.

Details TBA.

Last edited by a moderator:
lucky you!

This is one of those movies I regret not picking up when it came out. I was at FS on release day, held it....said eh maybe next time. haha damn

CA - John Carter

AWESOME. To be fair. I love the whole range. All superb.
All images can be clicked on for a closer view. They are all high res and can be viewed at full scale.

UyDRyHv.jpg

9xEmXQY.jpg

HonBm5U.jpg

QlCwiQR.jpg

Gy0CsvR.jpg

Below are shots to help show the finishing on the steel.

HDN EXCLUSIVE SHOTS
---------------------------

xI9TawM.jpg

SbWwDy5.jpg

HDN EXCLUSIVE FINISHING SHOT
Extremely close up shot to help show you the paint job

5NJ6Yrh.jpg

3NKUc0j.jpg

PmjFkx5.jpg

JmR1zis.jpg

VJTXYOX.jpg

The Family

kUt83wE.jpg

This might be my biggest regret. I should've joined either biscuit or drum's GB for this back in the day.
But one day it will be mine!

I just received my copy today , it looks awesome, it bought it on the german market but it looks brand new, now I have the canada viva metal box and the china viva metal box from John Carter
zlcgw8.jpg

nwalc2.jpg

29kvrwz.jpg

e6pums.jpg

24wvmud.jpg

The canada en the china John carter steelbooks together

sowm7l.jpg

ealhz5.jpg

Last edited:
I have only read the first page of comments on this thread, but I want to encourage all of you to look into the origin of John Carter, which was written by Edgar Rice Burroughs.
He is the first Science fiction writer and has inspired countless writers and movie makers through out the many decades, including George Lucas of the Star Wars movies, Steven Spielberg, and many more men such as them. Even the famous science fiction writer of many publications Isaac Asimov quoted Edgar Rice Burroughs as having been an influence upon his writings.
Here is a link to the Edgar Rice Burroughs official website: https://www.edgarriceburroughs.com/?page_id=18

• Informative
Reactions: dirtyoak
I forgot to mention in my last comment that there is a series of John Carter books, not just the one book made into a movie. So I hope they eventually make another one or two and that time I would hope they don't leave promoting the movie(s) up to the producer as they did with this one.
That is the main reason why the film didn't do well, it's a good story and movie in my opinion.

Reactions: dirtyoak
Must say I prefer the far east steel of this, but whatever you get...

Get one.

Because this film is superb. Straightforward family entertainment done with an attention to detail not seen since Star Wars (that's Episode IV, coz I'm olde :D ).

Classic cinema done very well, then scapegoated by Disney to hide their woefully crap marketing.

So true about the marketing, they left it in the hands of the producer. Not sure why any major studio would do such a stupid thing like that.

I forgot to mention in my last comment that there is a series of John Carter books, not just the one book made into a movie. So I hope they eventually make another one or two and that time I would hope they don't leave promoting the movie(s) up to the producer as they did with this one.
That is the main reason why the film didn't do well, it's a good story and movie in my opinion.
I SO agree! :thumbs: The story was great and has influenced everyone in scifi since. Hope film makers learned from this snaffu. This is a beautiful steel! :drool: