USA
Release date: June 27, 2008
Notes: Limited quantity of 2000

rambo.jpg

Actual pictures:
rambo1.jpg

rambo2.jpg

rambo3.jpg

So yeah, I was surprised their was no topic on this one ... it's the holy grail of all things SteelBook. (least, blu-ray steelbook that is.)

Its been sold for $500 and 300 euros just for the empty case alone. Super rare, thought to have been limited to only 2,000 copies.

And this last pic which is nicely laid out came compliments of Tiger, a hardcore collector :)
18968.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll never understand what defines a "grail" status. I mean, some of the nicest steelbooks to date are almost classified common as muck and some of the more lacklustre designs are worth hundreds. I guess I need to learn more about steelbook culture to have a general understanding.

well, it looks like i really scored big time on this.
it took me well over 10 e-mails today to convince the seller to be patient with my payment (as i was on my fathers 60th birthday lunch today - and struggling to forget about the opportunity i might miss at the same time)... i also paid a bit more to outbid some other interested buyers, but i think 40€ shipped is still a bargain for this?

maybe a bit too early to call myself lucky, but as soon as this arrives safe and mint in my post box, it's time to open a bottle. :)

Reactions: spass
well, it looks like i really scored big time on this.
it took me well over 10 e-mails today to convince the seller to be patient with my payment (as i was on my fathers 60th birthday lunch today - and struggling to forget about the opportunity i might miss at the same time)... i also paid a bit more to outbid some other interested buyers, but i think 40€ shipped is still a bargain for this?

maybe a bit too early to call myself lucky, but as soon as this arrives safe and mint in my post box, it's time to open a bottle. :)

Fingers crossed for you man :thumbs:

i will send you guys that asked for it, the link tomorrow as soon as i am back at home on my pc.

the more i think about it, the more i have the unpleasant feeling that i might be a victim of an internet fraud here... had to pay upfront in a quite unsafe way (paysafe) as the seller claimed he goes on holidays tomorrow, has no paypal but wants the money and send my stuff before he is away for a while, ...and the prices are just too good to be true.

i hope i am not right, but now that my brain is working again in a rational way, i think i spent some money for nothing today. :-(

i will keep you guys updated in this thread. ;-)

fingers crossed!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

i will send you guys that asked for it, the link tomorrow as soon as i am back at home on my pc.

the more i think about it, the more i have the unpleasant feeling that i might be a victim of an internet fraud here... had to pay upfront in a quite unsafe way (paysafe) as the seller claimed he goes on holidays tomorrow, has no paypal but wants the money and send my stuff before he is away for a while, ...and the prices are just too good to be true.

i hope i am not right, but now that my brain is working again in a rational way, i think i spent some money for nothing today. :-(

fingers crossed!

Doesn't sound trustworthy. But I hope it will all work out for you. NO RISK, NO FUN:scat:

Ahh man!

I just hope this turns out ok for you mate. I think asking for proof of postage/tracked is the least the seller can do.

We're does he live? Can you find anything in google search, relating to his email address? Trying to find some feedback on the guy would be good.

Fingers seriously crossed for you :thumbs::thumbs:

fingers crossed!

fingers crossed!

well this sound like a scam, since a) ridiculous low prices, b) you can't get your money back when payed in Paysafe cards, and c) the story sound a bit weird. But lets hope for the best.

fingers crossed!

I was one of the " other?! " interested buyers and received the same lame emails about vacation, paysafe, pushing me to pay soon and shiat, thats why I denied it to myself. Even when I asked for doing this transaction after the vacation, he said, naah, he wants to send it on monday with all the other parcels, no reservation. The other thing is, when I asked for pictures, the seller just sent me two pics in a typical facebook filename format, which was kinda weird again... coz you can find them in the internet, if youre using a picture reverse search.

But I dont wanna drag you down with my words, I'm only sharing my experience.

Good luck to you!

Reactions: severo
thanks for your replies, fellas. i think i would still have taken the risk with the rambo steel (no risk no fun), but what bothers me now (and thats my fault alone) that i also went for the breaking bad barrel out of pure greed i must admit ( i already have it, and it was the first time i thought well thats cool to make a quick buck by reselling it for more later).

well, now it seems i paid some money to learn the following:
- i should use my brain even when there is an offer where a spontaneous feeling tells me i should go for it immediately.
- greed and scalping does not pay the bills ( not mine at least).
- i should reduce my purchases of movies a bit. im buying definitely too many at the moment, more i can watch in the next years...

all in all that lesson cost me 85€ once. but i will not fall for frauds like this twice. i learnt something from it (to make something positive out if this).

Last edited:
Such "sellers" should get their ass kicked!

i will do everything i can to get this sucker out of his anonymity... my paysafe money must be somewhere.. i will hunt this person by finding out his/her ip address or something. it's worth a try (contacting paysafe and willhaben, going to the police,...). i wont give up until i tried everything... ;-)

Reactions: UZO
i will do everything i can to get this sucker out of his anonymity... my paysafe money must be somewhere.. i will hunt this person by finding out his/her ip address or something. it's worth a try (contacting paysafe and willhaben, going to the police,...). i wont give up until i tried everything... ;-)

Hi Sev, are you certain he has now done a runner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Sev, are you certain he has now done a runner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if "done a runner" means fooling me, than yes, 99%. i will wait until wednesday (until then everything should arrive within austria) before i file claims or press charges.

btw. the offers are not on the site anymore, but i made a screenshot on saturday, many people sent me a pm. and wished that i should show them the "scene of the crime".
here you go, folks:

j-rambowillhaben.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: