apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
apsmith21 submitted a new group buy:

John Wick and John Wick: Chapter 2 Steelbook Group Buy - John Wick 1 & 2 Steelbooks from Best Buy

Hey international members!

I'm hosting a group buy for any of you people out there that are interested in the John Wick and John Wick: Chapter 2 Blu-ray steelbooks from Best Buy

Pre-order cost is currently $19.99 for John Wick
and $22.99 for John Wick 2

Sales tax of 5.5% per copy

Original links -

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/john-wick-blu-ray-disc/32872592.p?skuId=32872592...

Read more about this group buy...

• Thanks
Reactions: Ashish
Is it confirmed, both are Steelbooks?

Pictures of both have been published in the discussion threads. They clearly show steelbooks. :thumbs:

EDIT: I've also updated the OP of the group buy to include these photos - click the overview tab.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: r1chitect
@apsmith21 (Andy), what would happen if I bought into this group buy knowing I want both of these pending SteelBooks® (June). However, between now and release, BB Canada surprisingly confirms they are getting them too? If that were to happen I would no longer need/want the group buy SteelBooks® because I could simply pick them up locally.

@apsmith21 (Andy), what would happen if I bought into this group buy knowing I want both of these pending SteelBooks® (June). However, between now and release, BB Canada surprisingly confirms they are getting them too? If that were to happen I would no longer need/want the group buy SteelBooks® because I could simply pick them up locally.

I'd say don't purchase if you think Best Buy Canada might get them.

I think the odds are more likely against that, however, as it's Summit Entertainment doing the steelbooks and you can see the logo from the spine.

Since they don't have a presence in Canada, I think it's likely a USA only release.

I don't know that for certain, so if the detective work I've already done isn't enough, I'd suggest delaying your order.

I'd rather not accept payments and then issue refunds if I don't have to.

I'd say don't purchase if you think Best Buy Canada might get them.

I think the odds are more likely against that, however, as it's Summit Entertainment doing the steelbooks and you can see the logo from the spine.

Since they don't have a presence in Canada, I think it's likely a USA only release.

I don't know that for certain, so if the detective work I've already done isn't enough, I'd suggest delaying your order.

I'd rather not accept payments and then issue refunds if I don't have to.

Thanks for your insight @apsmith21 I'll refrain for the time being, but may jump in closer to release, just to play it safe and to avoid any unnecessary burden on you.

Thwip (Rob)

Thanks for your insight @apsmith21 I'll refrain for the time being, but may jump in closer to release, just to play it safe and to avoid any unnecessary burden on you.

Thwip (Rob)

Not a problem Rob, I do have some extras ordered and usually the Best Buy listings are active for a while, so what I'll probably do is to close orders around 2 weeks to release date to make sure I have enough. After that, it's a toss up if Best Buy removes them for sale or not.

@apsmith21

error.JPG

error2.JPG

• Thanks
Reactions: apsmith21
Looks good Gary!

You should also be able to confirm via "your purchases" when you view the group buy section, and it should show there with your paypal transaction ID.

Andrew, almost time for ship date? Just wanted to check in with you and make sure I'm all paid up and you need nothing from me.

Thanks again for the GB!

Andrew, almost time for ship date? Just wanted to check in with you and make sure I'm all paid up and you need nothing from me.

Thanks again for the GB!

Hi Gary, we're still over a week out - so I think we can probably guess I'll have them in hand on 6/13, but might take a day or two to go through and inspect all the copies.

Then, part two, we'll need to chat about a payment for shipping cost. Depending on your preference of shipping service that cost will vary.

Hope that helps!

Hi Gary, we're still over a week out - so I think we can probably guess I'll have them in hand on 6/13, but might take a day or two to go through and inspect all the copies.

Then, part two, we'll need to chat about a payment for shipping cost. Depending on your preference of shipping service that cost will vary.

Hope that helps!
Of course, just wanted to check in, I'll check back soon to see about shipping and make sure we're squared away on that. Thanks!

• Thanks
Reactions: apsmith21