John Wick (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Jul 13, 2016
United kingdom
Release date: November 24, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on November 24 at 12 PM)
Price: £15.99

11526667-1754506542551.jpg

11526667-1604510728246.jpg 11526667-8454510728353.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Second one was disappointing IMO.

Should have just left it at the first one.....

They really tried to enhance the scope of the world in 2 but it still comes off as wafer thin. I thought the intro was the best action sequence in the whole film and it ends up being way too long-winded for what it is after the fact. Also practically 2 hours of build up for the Ruby Rose showdown and it was awful.. they really squandered the potential there for a much better fight.

First they stole his car! Then they blew up his house! What's next (cause you know they wanna milk it with about 5 of them) they pee'd in his swimming pool?

They really tried to enhance the scope of the world in 2 but it still comes off as wafer thin. I thought the intro was the best action sequence in the whole film and it ends up being way too long-winded for what it is after the fact. Also practically 2 hours of build up for the Ruby Rose showdown and it was awful.. they really squandered the potential there for a much better fight.

First they stole his car! Then they blew up his house! What's next (cause you know they wanna milk it with about 5 of them) they pee'd in his swimming pool?

and the lack of using spoilers is even more awful lol

• Thanks
Reactions: larson1977
Don't know why people not liking this.

From day one I hated the title. People pointed out that it looked amateurish.
And it still does. Like somebody hit the spacebar when putting it together and so it wasn't aligned.
The rest of the cover is quite dull. IMO.

Received mine today and...the most dissapointing part is not the finish, but John Wick face, it is SO blurry, expected it but not at this point.

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
Yes, even the poster on which the image is based looks a bit blurry . . . at least when compared to the pin sharp image on the back of the steelbook . . . very strange - more VHS or unfocused lenticular than HD.
Slightly disjointed title also reminding me of VHS - as in tracking (lol) - although I do rather like the title treatment . . . best part of the steelbook . . . but would have preferred the "C" of "WICK" to have been placed directly below the "O" of "JOHN".

Definitely KR should have been sharpened up on the front (pics courtesy BR.com) . . . (unless the idea is that the H&K P30L - in sharp focus - is the star of the show and not the person holding it)
41i2SoUoRjL.jpg
upload_2017-12-4_23-23-35.png
upload_2017-12-4_23-24-32.png

. . . like they did for example on the Australian Amaray wraparound data sleeve:-
upload_2017-12-4_21-12-57.png

As for the rectangular pic high on the spine supplanting the "Blu-ray" symbol now moved low down just above the "WB" studio logo: Is this a new development just seen on recent WB steelbooks or is it to be seen on steelbooks from other studios too? Not a bad idea but will not please OCD customers who may prefer the customary "Blu-ray" logo near the top and the studio logo near the bottom.

J-card details:-
DQNSoTkVQAAhDx1.jpg:large

• Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc
Yes, even the poster on which the image is based looks a bit blurry . . . at least when compared to the pin sharp image on the back of the steelbook . . . very strange - more VHS or unfocused lenticular than HD.
Slightly disjointed title also reminding me of VHS - as in tracking (lol) - although I do rather like the title treatment . . . best part of the steelbook . . . but would have preferred the "C" of "WICK" to have been placed directly below the "O" of "JOHN".

Definitely KR should have been sharpened up on the front (pics courtesy BR.com) . . . (unless the idea is that the H&K P30L - in sharp focus - is the star of the show and not the person holding it)
41i2SoUoRjL.jpg
View attachment 347546 View attachment 347547
. . . like they did for example on the Australian Amaray wraparound data sleeve:-
View attachment 347540

As for the rectangular pic high on the spine supplanting the "Blu-ray" symbol now moved low down just above the "WB" studio logo: Is this a new development just seen on recent WB steelbooks or is it to be seen on steelbooks from other studios too? Not a bad idea but will not please OCD customers who may prefer the customary "Blu-ray" logo near the top and the studio logo near the bottom.

Thanks for the editorial or is it your blog? :angel:

41i2SoUoRjL.jpg
View attachment 347546 View attachment 347547
View attachment 347540

Yeah that's called depth of field, it makes sense the focus is on the gun JW would be out of focus

Yeah that's called depth of field, it makes sense the focus is on the gun JW would be out of focus
Yes, I get the 'depth of field' bit with the focus on the gun and not on JW but still feel they should've done it more like the Aussie cover - as in more "deep focus" if you like - with the face in focus too and not blurry.

Apart from that not a fan of blurry images on my steelbooks unless shrouded in fog . . .

Ok... Here we go!

#ZavviExclusive John Wick - Limited Edition SteelBook Blu-ray will be available to buy from 12:00 PM GMT on Black Friday (Friday 24th November 2017)

A limited number will be in stock and available to BUY NOW from 12:00 PM GMT (That's Midday), these are already in the warehouse and will be shipped out over the Black Friday weekend.
Once this stock has sold through, we will then switch over to a PRE-ORDER, where we will take the next lot of orders. These will ship out in Q1 2018, dates will be confirmed at a later time.

During the BUY NOW phase - This SteelBook will be limited to 2 units per customer.

@zavvi when will this switch over to pre-order please?

@zavvi when will this switch over to pre-order please?

It switched a long time ago and was listed as in stock not too long ago. The steelbook is in fact sold out - unless Zavvi lists it as in stock again, which does happen with a lot of their titles. It's for sale on eBay.

It switched a long time ago and was listed as in stock not too long ago. The steelbook is in fact sold out - unless Zavvi lists it as in stock again, which does happen with a lot of their titles. It's for sale on eBay.

Actually, the post from Zavvi states that once the allocation in stock is sold through, it will then switch to pre-order and these pre-orders will be shipped in Q1 2018....

A limited number will be in stock and available to BUY NOW from 12:00 PM GMT (That's Midday), these are already in the warehouse and will be shipped out over the Black Friday weekend.
Once this stock has sold through, we will then switch over to a PRE-ORDER, where we will take the next lot of orders. These will ship out in Q1 2018, dates will be confirmed at a later time.

Actually, the post from Zavvi states that once the allocation in stock is sold through, it will then switch to pre-order and these pre-orders will be shipped in Q1 2018....
I've been checking this quite a few times, and haven't seen it go to 'Pre-Order' once. It was always showing as in stock, then sold out, then in and out of stock a few times, and has been sold out for quite a while.

So the question is @zavvi when is this actually going to go to 'Pre-Order' stage ?, your Blade steelbook has been 'Pre-Order' for months, within a few hours of selling out it went to Pre-Order, but not John Wick.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: The Guvnor