John Wick: Chapter 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Netherlands]

bigfub

Dreaming Dredd Ninja
Premium Supporter
Sep 13, 2012
Warwick, UK
Release date: June 22, 2017
Purchase links: Bol - MediaMarkt - Proxis (ships internationally)
Price: €17.99 (Bol - MM) - €20.01 (Proxis)
Notes: full glossy varnish
Group buys:

USA HUB - USA MEMBERS ONLY
UK HUB - UK MEMBERS ONLY

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg
http://steelbook.com/releases/john-wick-2-steelbook-edition/

Last edited by a moderator:
My experience with Proxis.com and Bol.com - like night and day. Unfortunately, no mint John Wick 2 steelbook from Netherlands for me :LOL:

In May, I placed an order of four steels at Proxis (three inexpensive ones that were in stock + John Wick 2) thinking that this would surely result in shipping in a box.

Result: the three in-stock items were never sent - either they went out of stock while waiting for John Wick 2 or they were never in stock in the first place - poor order handling either way. John Wick 2 arrived in a bubble envelope, badly damaged.

No automatic refund on the unsent items, but received an email with a link to instructions on how to apply for the refund. The link didn't work - "page not found".

Filed successfully a reclaim at Proxis web site - no response at all.

A week later, I sent a copy of my original reclaim to Proxis' customer service email - no response.

One more week later, I filed a reclaim at my bank to get my money refunded back to my CC - one day later the total sum of my order was refunded :thumbs: Kudos to DanskeBank and VISA, I trust that they will be able to cancel the payment to Proxis.

After I had received the damaged steelbook from Proxis, I placed straight away an order for two copies at Bol.com, hoping to get at least one undamaged copy. No luck there either; sent in a thin cardboard envelope (think Amazon A1 envelope, but even bigger) where they could freely bang against each other during shipping. One resembled a banana, the other had multiple dents all over.

I filed a complaint at Bol.com (with photos of the steelbooks) and couple of days later I received a phone call from their customer service. The CS lady, who was very sorry that the steelbooks had been sent abroad with no protection at all, consulted her manager twice: A) they couldn't guarantee that replacement copies would be sent with better packaging, and B) I wouldn't need to send the damaged copies back (which she initially requested me to do).

Couple of days later Bol.com had refunded the purchase costs back to my CC. Truly excellent customer service, even if they couldn't deliver :thumbs:

I can't understand why Proxis didn't bother to respond at all. While my message left little doubt about how I felt about their packaging (and not sending apparently in-stock items), I kept a perfectly civil tongue (n)

Very similar complaint was met with completely different kind of response at Bol.com

I guess I wasn't meant to have this steelbook :D But NovaMedia box set has been ordered and there will be a FAC release later on, so I won't be entirely devoid of JW2 :)

Brilliant action film, as was the first JW :woot:

Last edited:
Looks like it´s already soldout everywhere EEK!:OMG: , few days ago it was still listed at bol, now the link in OP redirect to normal plastic amaray for a same price. On MM it´s not listed anymore as well on Proxis.

Yeah and two weeks ago was last piece at my local MM :coffee:

John Wick is a killer seller, I think I should be hurry with acquiring the US one :ohno:

• Thanks
Reactions: smileyx9
My experience with Proxis.com and Bol.com - like night and day. Unfortunately, no mint John Wick 2 steelbook from Netherlands for me :LOL:

In May, I placed an order of four steels at Proxis (three inexpensive ones that were in stock + John Wick 2) thinking that this would surely result in shipping in a box.

Result: the three in-stock items were never sent - either they went out of stock while waiting for John Wick 2 or they were never in stock in the first place - poor order handling either way. John Wick 2 arrived in a bubble envelope, badly damaged.

No automatic refund on the unsent items, but received an email with a link to instructions on how to apply for the refund. The link didn't work - "page not found".

Filed successfully a reclaim at Proxis web site - no response at all.

A week later, I sent a copy of my original reclaim to Proxis' customer service email - no response.

One more week later, I filed a reclaim at my bank to get my money refunded back to my CC - one day later the total sum of my order was refunded :thumbs: Kudos to DanskeBank and VISA, I trust that they will be able to cancel the payment to Proxis.

After I had received the damaged steelbook from Proxis, I placed straight away an order for two copies at Bol.com, hoping to get at least one undamaged copy. No luck there either; sent in a thin cardboard envelope (think Amazon A1 envelope, but even bigger) where they could freely bang against each other during shipping. One resembled a banana, the other had multiple dents all over.

I filed a complaint at Bol.com (with photos of the steelbooks) and couple of days later I received a phone call from their customer service. The CS lady, who was very sorry that the steelbooks had been sent abroad with no protection at all, consulted her manager twice: A) they couldn't guarantee that replacement copies would be sent with better packaging, and B) I wouldn't need to send the damaged copies back (which she initially requested me to do).

Couple of days later Bol.com had refunded the purchase costs back to my CC. Truly excellent customer service, even if they couldn't deliver :thumbs:

I can't understand why Proxis didn't bother to respond at all. While my message left little doubt about how I felt about their packaging (and not sending apparently in-stock items), I kept a perfectly civil tongue (n)

Very similar complaint was met with completely different kind of response at Bol.com

I guess I wasn't meant to have this steelbook :D But NovaMedia box set has been ordered and there will be a FAC release later on, so I won't be entirely devoid of JW2 :)

Brilliant action film, as was the first JW :woot:

you can get your copy from Ebay easely,there are a lot for Sale :thumbs:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Ranavalone
you can get your copy from Ebay easely,there are a lot for Sale :thumbs:
As it happens, it could be that the universe is trying to tell me something about the compatibility between myself and this steelbook :hilarious:

But seriously, thanks for the reminder, I'll have a look :thumbs:

• Thanks
I've been meaning to post my pics :photo: This beauty arrived is EXCELLENT condition! And hot damn this edition is fu**ing AWESOME!
View attachment 323347 View attachment 323348 View attachment 323349
@apsmith21 Thanks again for another amazing GB Andy! :notworthy: :cool: :thumbs:

Glad to have it in my JW Collection! :notworthy:
View attachment 323350 View attachment 323351

But I noticed you miss the ones from FA, that´s a pity with such a collection, why you didn´t buy those? Just out of curiosity ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Received my copy thanks again to @cooey :thumbs: I really dig this steelbook and think the finish is great. Love the gloss varnish and artwork is badass :cool: Small bummer about the ratings/blu-ray logos being printed but it doesn't put me off too much :D Only minor gripe is that I have a spine slash :grumpy::facepalm: This day and age in collecting and we're still experiencing frickin' spine slashes??! :mad: *Ok, calm down Michael...* :coffee:

20170806_093957_wm[1].jpg

20170806_094039_wm[1].jpg
20170806_094206_wm[1].jpg
20170806_094257_wm[1].jpg
20170806_094536_wm[1].jpg
20170806_094729_wm[1].jpg
20170806_094836_wm[1].jpg
20170806_095021_wm[1].jpg
20170806_095150_wm[1].jpg
20170806_095453_wm[1].jpg

That spine slash... :ohno:

Hurts my eyes.jpg

Sorry to see that, @Mickle_89

I bet that steelbook collectors in 2117 (if any left by that time), will still go like "What, another :muted: spine slash!"

It seems like this will be one of the great small problems of mankind, that will never be properly solved.

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89
That spine slash... :ohno:

View attachment 326421

Sorry to see that, @Mickle_89

I bet that steelbook collectors in 2117 (if any left by that time), will still go like "What, another :muted: spine slash!"

It seems like this will be one of the great small problems of mankind, that will never be properly solved.
I know! :arghh: It does seem to be one of those irritating things that will never stop :ugh::dead:

• Thanks