E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: John Wick: Chapter Two

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Chad Stahelski [/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Keanu Reeves, Ian McShane, Bridget Moynahan, Laurence Fishburne and more...[/ACTOR]

Plot: In Development - Sequel to 2014's well received actioner starring Keanu Reeves. The continuing adventures of former hitman, John Wick.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
1-jpg.270031
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Teaser:

IMDB

Per this post at Firstshowing, one of the most badass action flicks will see a sequel. This fan is pleased :D

johnwick-reeves-redandblue-tsr.jpg

Yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back…again. Last year, plenty of people found a lot to love about the locked and loaded action thriller John Wick starring Keanu Reeves. The action was slick, the story was cool, and Reeves was perfect in the role. Now it sounds like we might get Wicked all over again as Chad Stahelski & David Leitch spoke with Movies.com, and they revealed that John Wick 2 is in development right now. However, saying that the sequel is in development doesn't mean it will definitely happen, but at least the duo has been having some kind of discussion about it, though we're not sure if that includes the studio yet.

Some of this talk could just be chalked up to the fact that John Wick hits Blu-Ray and DVD today, so talk of a sequel would help move some units probably. But Stahelski and Leitch elaborated a little bit about how they're approaching the idea of a sequel:

"We have ideas for days and without blinking twice we know we can outdo the action from the original. It’s the matter of story and how much you like the character. That’s always the most important. If there’s great action but you have a character that no one likes and doesn’t have charisma you’re not going to watch it. Look at any great action star, whether it’s Harrison Ford or Liam Neeson or Robert Downey Jr., pick a name, you love the guy first. Good action, bad action, you just love them in action. So we want to make sure we have a story and a character that everybody loves and then we’ll dress it with action that we promise will be awesome."

We're just glad that the directing duo is smart enough to not just pump up the action, and they want to stay true to the character and story. As for whether or not Reeves is up for another outing as John Wick, Stahelski says, "If we could work with Keanu Reeves for ten movies you’d have a really cool career." Considering how much people loved John Wick, we're betting Reeves would be down for more action, but that's only if the script is up to par. Remember, Reeves didn't want anything to do with Speed 2: Cruise Control, which was probably a pretty smart decision. Stay tuned to see if John Wick 2 ends up happening.

Loved RELOADED.
Reloaded is awesome! :D
As for Rotten Tomatoes... their ratings mean jack poop to me. I'll believe the hype once our very own Ninjas start praising the film on here. :thumbs:
Agreed! But I know the "general" reception wasn't that excellent as people were expecting another Matrix miracle. IMO, it was a solid action movie with decent story. Of course, the same can't be said for Revolution...

As for RT, even if sometimes it's really off and blablabla critics, unfortunately, seems like it's, mostly, related to the success of a movie. Good reviews = Good Vibe = Good Hype = Good revenues
This rule ain't true everytime (lookin at you Transformers dumb serie...)... BUT... it's most of the time a good indicator.

Agreed! But I know the "general" reception wasn't that excellent as people were expecting another Matrix miracle. IMO, it was a solid action movie with decent story. Of course, the same can't be said for Revolution...

As for RT, even if sometimes it's really off and blablabla critics, unfortunately, seems like it's, mostly, related to the success of a movie. Good reviews = Good Vibe = Good Hype = Good revenues
This rule ain't true everytime (lookin at you Transformers dumb serie...)... BUT... it's most of the time a good indicator.
RT started out useing known critics. Now their critic base is people who only required to have their own youtube channel. "Critics" who have no core understanding of film are not critics, just average joes with opinions.
RT is simply a populist aggregator. A newer version of the sams BS aggregator that appeared in Entertainment Weeky for a decade. (But, again, at least it had "known" critics. And, yes, there is a humongous difference between a studied film historian like Roger Ebert or Leonard Maltin than Chris Stuckmann who is just a film fan from Akron, Ohio).
Your formula there is true. It is almost a vicious circle. That is why bad films (like the DC films) will always open huge and do decent business. Everybody wants to see the spectacle. But allow me this formula too.
100 people see BvS
Even If only 10 of 100 of those people like the movie, the Box office counts it as 100 yes votes because the tickets were purchased.
If a movie opens and makes $50M opening weekend - it does not record the possibly that 80% of ticket buyers disliked the film. Only that $50M in ticket were BOUGHT.
If IRON MAN 4 was a static shot of RDJ on the toilet it would make $50M the first weekend.
This is why stuff like Marvel and DC is problem. They will always have big opening weekend just from curiosity... But B.O. registers it as a success. Every fan knows that the DC films are terrible - and yet they can't register as bombs because the curious bring in enough $$ to register it as "modest" success/"not a failure".
Also, any critic or opinion is meant to be taken as a subjective measure of said critic, to be applied to your own taste. I followed Roger Ebert's print reviews for 2 1/2 decades. I only agreed with him 50% of the time - but I knew how he though. So even when he gave a bad review, it was helpful because I knew how he thought. (He loved Star Wars stuff, HATED Lynch and Star Trek).
Unfortunately, people see RT as hard truth ("See? RT says it sucks. I am right."), when it is just the equivilent of polling 100 people in a random bar down the street. I used to recognize reviewers there (Peter Travers, Mike Clark, A.O. Scott), now I don't recognize any (aside from the morons at What The Flick).
It's not really a useful tool.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and ash333

Yeah, it was by no means as good as the first Matrix, but I still found it to be highly entertaining... same goes for Revolutions.

In regards to RT... @C.C. 95 pretty much hit the nail on the head. Sites like that mostly just seem to be full of fan boys nowadays too, so even if they're a Marvel fan and actually enjoyed a DC movie (or vice versa), they'll never admit it and rate it rotten out of spite. The only "critic" I completely trust is myself... judging a film for yourself is always the best option IMO.

Reactions: C.C. 95
One of my most anticipated movies of the year and it did not disappoint. There is way more action in this movie than the first and it does expand the universe and world quite a bit. The story is very straight forward and villains are predictable, but that's not why you'd watch this movie.

The action is why you watch this movie and it's incredible. Better and more action than the first movie. The first 45 minutes or so, there isn't too much action (similar to the first movie), but it ramps up near the middle and is basically non stop action. It's too early to decide, but this might be the best gun based action movie of all time. Keanu handles all the action and weapons expertly and his one on one fights with Common are very intense and brutal. The ending conflict with the big bad was a tad underwhelming, but I completely understand why it had to happen. And the setup for the next potential movie is very good.

A few reviewers have compared this movie with the Raid 1 and Raid 2 movies and I'd agree with them. John Wick 1 is a cleaner, tighter movie and John Wick 2 is an expansion pack heavily loaded with action. If you're a fan of John Wick 1 or love action movies in general, you need to see this movie in theaters as soon as possible. It's only February, but this will make my top 5 movies of the year already.